[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFL player sues United Airlines

On 5/20/2020 at 8:09 PM, League_Champion said:

Although a salacious story, I can see why you aren't getting replies.  Just kind of weird to be honest.  I don't even know what to say myself.  A woman grabbed your wiener through your pants and is probably drunk or on drugs.  Probably a crowded flight, so not sure where you will put her.  Throw her in the brig? 

I think the bigger question is what do flights do when there is an unruly passenger that isn't responding to commands. From Wikipedia on "air rage"

"Extremely unruly passengers or crew members who must be restrained are restrained using a variety of methods. Some airlines carry flexcuffs for this purpose. Others use seatbelts, adhesive tape, neckties, shoe laces, or whatever is available on the aircraft. While the United States does not allow passengers to actually be confined to the seat or any other part of the aircraft, and only allows their individual body parts to be restrained, other countries, such as Iceland, do allow tying an unruly passenger to the seat.

Sometimes a flight must be diverted to allow an aircraft to dispose itself of the offender as soon as possible.[9]"

On 5/22/2020 at 8:05 PM, purplemonster said:

Although a salacious story, I can see why you aren't getting replies.  Just kind of weird to be honest.  I don't even know what to say myself.  A woman grabbed your wiener through your pants and is probably drunk or on drugs.  Probably a crowded flight, so not sure where you will put her.  Throw her in the brig? 

The same treatment you'd give a dude that grabbed someone by the enchilada.  Elect her POTUS.

• Like 1

He was not assaulted to the point that "bitch slapping her and knocking her out" is justified, no.  If a young stud black NFL player blasted your daughter in the face like that because she'd had a few too many and was making a fool out of herself you'd be out of your mind pressing charges and suing him for his NFL paycheck.

19 minutes ago, flemingd said:

He was not assaulted to the point that "bitch slapping her and knocking her out" is justified, no.  If a young stud black NFL player blasted your daughter in the face like that because she'd had a few too many and was making a fool out of herself you'd be out of your mind pressing charges and suing him for his NFL paycheck.

I don't think Steve really endorsed beating her up. But sexual harassment is no joke, man or Woman. He certainly has every right to defend himself, that's all we are saying. 

10 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I don't think Steve really endorsed beating her up. But sexual harassment is no joke, man or Woman. He certainly has every right to defend himself, that's all we are saying. 

I quoted his exact words, to which you replied maybe she deserved it.  Of course it's not joke but it doesn't justify that level of response either.  She should be restrained, prosecuted, and outed on social media so they can overreact and completely ruin her life like everyone else's would be.

4 hours ago, flemingd said:

A combination of apathy and racism.

I'm not sure I follow either. The stewardess presumably was the one being apathetic and his fears were of racism, I understand that, but neither of those things were chaining him to that seat. The obvious thing to do would have been to remove himself from the situation that he was in a best he could and deal with the extenuating circumstances, like the woman and the apathetic stewardess, after the plane had landed and they could contact the authorities.

I didn't make my point well but people just can't get up and move seats especially if the flight was near full.  He complained twice and they didn't do anything.  And the fact he didn't move himself is irrelevant to the wrong done here, it's not his job to solve the problem it's someone else's.  How do you think it is received when a big black athletic man gets up and sits wherever he wants to on a commercial flight?

1 minute ago, flemingd said:

I didn't make my point well but people just can't get up and move seats especially if the flight was near full.  He complained twice and they didn't do anything.  And the fact he didn't move himself is irrelevant to the wrong done here, it's not his job to solve the problem it's someone else's.  How do you think it is received when a big black athletic man gets up and sits wherever he wants to on a commercial flight?

Well stated. Shame on the Airline. 

1 hour ago, flemingd said:

It was a red eye flight during Covid restrictions, so the flight wouldn't be full and the article said that they eventually moved the woman twice, so they obviously had other open seats. I think you're mistaking what I'm saying as putting blame on the player. Absolutely, the airline is at fault and they should have dealt with the issue when he first brought it to their attention. But that doesn't change the fact that he continued to sit there and have to take the abuse from this woman simply because the stewardess wouldn't move her. That's just dumb on his part in my opinion. If someone walks up to you and starts punching you in the face, you don't just stand there and let them keep punching you while you wait for someone to do something about it. You either fight back if you are able or try to remove yourself from the situation. The player isn't able to fight back for fear of the repercussions and nobody there is willing to help him, so get up and get away from the woman. Responsibility had nothing to do with that. Who cares how he is perceived for moving? If someone wants to complain about it, big deal. It's better than just sitting there suffering the abuse. Let them complain, so that he can tell everyone within ear shot what's going on and why he's moved.

Edited by rajncajn

1 hour ago, rajncajn said:

It was a red eye flight during Covid restrictions, so the flight wouldn't be full and the article said that they eventually moved the woman twice, so they obviously had other open seats. I think you're mistaking what I'm saying as putting blame on the player. Absolutely, the airline is at fault and they should have dealt with the issue when he first brought it to their attention. But that doesn't change the fact that he continued to sit there and have to take the abuse from this woman simply because the stewardess wouldn't move her. That's just dumb on his part in my opinion. If someone walks up to you and starts punching you in the face, you don't just stand there and let them keep punching you while you wait for someone to do something about it. You either fight back if you are able or try to remove yourself from the situation. The player isn't able to fight back for fear of the repercussions and nobody there is willing to help him, so get up and get away from the woman. Responsibility had nothing to do with that. Who cares how he is perceived for moving? If someone wants to complain about it, big deal. It's better than just sitting there suffering the abuse. Let them complain, so that he can tell everyone within ear shot what's going on and why he's moved.

You just put the blame on the player.  If a drunken man were groping a woman on a plane would you be suggesting she should have moved herself?  The SJW's would have your ass for that one.

She wasn't punching him in the face, it wasn't nearly so overtly egregious.  She was elbowing him in the arm and grabbing his junk.  That's not something your neighboring passengers are going to notice or get up in arms about or come to your defense on.  Hell even if they saw her grabbing his junk a good percentage of them would probably be thinking salacious thoughts of how lucky he is or how he might turn that to his advantage.  This isn't on him to resolve in any way, shape, or form.  Can't even imagine the response had the tables been turned, dude would be out of a job and maybe a career.

3 hours ago, flemingd said:

You just put the blame on the player.  If a drunken man were groping a woman on a plane would you be suggesting she should have moved herself?  The SJW's would have your ass for that one.

She wasn't punching him in the face, it wasn't nearly so overtly egregious.  She was elbowing him in the arm and grabbing his junk.  That's not something your neighboring passengers are going to notice or get up in arms about or come to your defense on.  Hell even if they saw her grabbing his junk a good percentage of them would probably be thinking salacious thoughts of how lucky he is or how he might turn that to his advantage.  This isn't on him to resolve in any way, shape, or form.  Can't even imagine the response had the tables been turned, dude would be out of a job and maybe a career.

No I didn't, I said he was dumb for not moving. Completely different from saying he was at fault for the way the woman was acting and treating him. Completely different from saying he was at fault for the stewardess refusing to move her. If it were someone I knew, man or woman, one of the first things I'd want to know is if they tried to get away from this person other than to ask the stewardess to make them move. If their answer is, "no, it wasn't my responsibility" then that's just plain idiotic. Maybe the NFL player has a good reason not to. Maybe this all happened in a much shorter time frame than what it seems. There's a lot to this story that we don't know. It just doesn't make much sense to me not to try to get away.

She was elbowing him in the arm and grabbing his junk.  That's not something your neighboring passengers are going to notice or get up in arms about or come to your defense on

That's ridiculous. If she grabbed his crotch and he protested then surely other passengers, especially the guy sitting right next to him, would sympathize with him. Not to mention the fact that the woman was drunk off her ass and high on pills. Did you even read the article?

Wow I guess everybody's sarcasm meters are broken. I was not advocating he beat her senseless, just a nice little smack on the face, if she was that polluted she'd just pass out.

For those saying he wasn't assaulted and shouldn't assault her, would that apply if a man was groping a woman? What if instead of it being an NFL player being groped, he's 5'6" 120lb weakling and the woman is a professional wrestler, can he defend himself then?

As for "why didn't he just get up and move?", well that isn't really allowed even if the flight is mostly empty, you still need approval from the crew to change seats, at least that's how I interpret things. Just getting up and changing seats is not something they really want passengers doing.

flemingd made a great point, would people be telling a woman being groped "just get up and go somewhere else". I wouldn't put it past the flight attendants to be taking some joy from the big black man being groped and feeling uncomfortable. 

Its definitely a double standard when woman are the ones committing assault.