[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dak Prescott offered five-year, $175 million deal

It makes sense. They were going to franchise him and that would cost them $31 million. In two years, that tag would cost almost $70 million. People need to remember this is a business. Either give him a contract or cut him because that franchise tag will start to add up.

Edited by Shaft

10 hours ago, Shaft said:

It makes sense. They were going to franchise him and that would cost them $31 million. In two years, that tag would cost almost $70 million. People need to remember this is a business. Either give him a contract or cut him because that franchise tag will start to add up.

They should of signed him a year and a half ago and saved tens of millions. 

I keep hearing that the Cowboys want to do a 5 year deal. Apparently Dak’s agent is saying if they take a 5 year deal they want the 5th year to be guaranteed 45 mil. I’ve heard that a couple times on various sports talk shows. Don’t know if it’s actually true

Edited by Finn5033

13 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

I keep hearing that the Cowboys want to do a 5 year deal. Apparently Dak’s agent is saying if they take a 5 year deal they want the 5th year to be guaranteed 45 mil. I’ve heard that a couple times on various sports talk shows. Don’t know if it’s actually true

A guaranteed 5th year doesn't make much sense. Why not just take the money up front?

I wonder if this is some agent marketing gimmick. I had assumed it was that they wanted the last year to look like $45 million, which we all know is completely meaningless.

If I was Dak I would sit tight, pop up some popcorn, and let Jerrah negotiate with himself as he likes to do. Worked for Zeke just fine.

7 hours ago, stethant said:

A guaranteed 5th year doesn't make much sense. Why not just take the money up front?

I wonder if this is some agent marketing gimmick. I had assumed it was that they wanted the last year to look like $45 million, which we all know is completely meaningless.

If I was Dak I would sit tight, pop up some popcorn, and let Jerrah negotiate with himself as he likes to do. Worked for Zeke just fine.

Yup, Dak has Jerrah right where he wants him. He's going to get whatever he wants. The Jerrah has no other choice. 

11 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

And the extension would be less than half the money. Dalton would Take 5 years for$75 fully guaranteed.

And i bet he'd perform just as well

Not a bad thought entirely. Sign Dalton for 3 years, trade Dak for piles of draft picks and save the cap. Makes too much sense for Jerrah. He'd rather overpay for an overated Dak. 

2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Not a bad thought entirely. Sign Dalton for 3 years, trade Dak for piles of draft picks and save the cap. Makes too much sense for Jerrah. He'd rather overpay for an overated Dak. 

Honestly, I would love for some franchise to try this. Cycle out the QB before they get really expensive. Ballsy move and could really alienate the fan base but what if it worked?

No one would do this for Mahomes or Watson say (well...let's not put it past Billy O'Brien) but for the next tier down...maybe??

15 hours ago, stethant said:

If I’m remembering correctly Dak’s team wants less years because the QB market and pay changes so fast. So he wants something big and guaranteed for that final year if he’s going to sign a 5 year deal. 

If the Cowboys let Dak walk , I think there will barely be a market for him . He should take whatever they offer him and consider himself lucky . He sucks 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Aren'tyou a cowboys fan? Do you think the should sign dalton for 50%, keep dak or draft a new one next year?

No way do I sign Dak long term for big money. Dalton isn’t the long term answer but he would be much cheaper than what Dak is looking for and just as productive .  Yes, I draft  A qb next year. 

Edited by whomper
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, whomper said:

No way do I sign Dak long term for big money. Dalton isn’t the long term answer but he would be much cheaper than what Dak is looking for and just as productive .  Yes, I draft  A qb next year. 

I would go this route.

On 5/21/2020 at 9:25 PM, DMD said:

Prescott has only made about $4 million or so over his career so far. So the upgrade is head-spinning.

Actually it was almost $5M (4.9) according to this, but still that contract he was offered is a huge upgrade, and probably more than he is worth. I'm not sure how much of the Cowboys success he's contributed to. Sure they have not had a losing season during his 4 years, but two of those were 8-8 and 9-7 and missed the playoffs. Their two playoff appearances didn't net much, losing to GB at home when they went 13-3 and winning one game before losing to Rams when they went 10-6. 

The NFC East was one of the worst divisions in football last year. The Cowboys had that division by the balls till Dak choked down the stretch. The Eagles were a walking MASH unit with no weapons and somehow still won that crap division. That's why Dak isn't worth top 5 money, he's not a winner.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

The NFC East was one of the worst divisions in football last year. The Cowboys had that division by the balls till Dak choked down the stretch. The Eagles were a walking MASH unit with no weapons and somehow still won that crap division. That's why Dak isn't worth top 5 money, he's not a winner.

One of these teams was coached by Doug Pederson and the other was coached by Jason Garrett. "Nuff said.

I don't think you can pin the Cowboys' mediocrity on Dak. Jason Garrett was a mindblowingly bad coach.