League_Champion

Dak Prescott offered five-year, $175 million deal

2 hours ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

He'll mess up the whole market if he does.

I agree with that. I'd sign Dalton for at least another season, trade Dak for a couple #1 picks, save the cap and load up for a couple Superbowl runs. They aren't far away 

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

dak isn't worth a first. Two 2nds atbest.

Edited by LordOpie
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

dak isn't worth a first. Two 2nds atbest.

I agree, but I guarantee you they'd easily get a 1 & 2 for him. No doubt that someone would pay that. 

• Confused 2

On 5/21/2020 at 9:25 PM, DMD said:

Prescott has only made about $4 million or so over his career so far. So the upgrade is head-spinning.

Actually it was almost $5M (4.9) according to this, but still that contract he was offered is a huge upgrade, and probably more than he is worth. I'm not sure how much of the Cowboys success he's contributed to. Sure they have not had a losing season during his 4 years, but two of those were 8-8 and 9-7 and missed the playoffs. Their two playoff appearances didn't net much, losing to GB at home when they went 13-3 and winning one game before losing to Rams when they went 10-6. 

The NFC East was one of the worst divisions in football last year. The Cowboys had that division by the balls till Dak choked down the stretch. The Eagles were a walking MASH unit with no weapons and somehow still won that crap division. That's why Dak isn't worth top 5 money, he's not a winner.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

The NFC East was one of the worst divisions in football last year. The Cowboys had that division by the balls till Dak choked down the stretch. The Eagles were a walking MASH unit with no weapons and somehow still won that crap division. That's why Dak isn't worth top 5 money, he's not a winner.

One of these teams was coached by Doug Pederson and the other was coached by Jason Garrett. "Nuff said.

I don't think you can pin the Cowboys' mediocrity on Dak. Jason Garrett was a mindblowingly bad coach.

1 hour ago, stethant said:

One of these teams was coached by Doug Pederson and the other was coached by Jason Garrett. "Nuff said.

I don't think you can pin the Cowboys' mediocrity on Dak. Jason Garrett was a mindblowingly bad coach.

But Dak?  Never impressed me in one game.  Am I missing something?

2 hours ago, stethant said:

I understand but one QB (Wentz) played his best Football when it counted and the other (Dak) totally folded when the heat was on. That division was theirs to lose and they did.