League_Champion

Dak Prescott offered five-year, $175 million deal

Recommended Posts

Prescott has only made about $4 million or so over his career so far. So the upgrade is head-spinning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It makes sense. They were going to franchise him and that would cost them $31 million. In two years, that tag would cost almost $70 million. People need to remember this is a business. Either give him a contract or cut him because that franchise tag will start to add up.

 

 

Edited by Shaft

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He probably won't take it.  Mahomes must be worth $300 million based on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Shaft said:

It makes sense. They were going to franchise him and that would cost them $31 million. In two years, that tag would cost almost $70 million. People need to remember this is a business. Either give him a contract or cut him because that franchise tag will start to add up.

 

 

 

They should of signed him a year and a half ago and saved tens of millions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I keep hearing that the Cowboys want to do a 5 year deal. Apparently Dak’s agent is saying if they take a 5 year deal they want the 5th year to be guaranteed 45 mil. I’ve heard that a couple times on various sports talk shows. Don’t know if it’s actually true

Edited by Finn5033

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The death of the franchise

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, whomper said:

The death of the franchise

 

Naa, I like Dak. Just not at that price, I don't get it. He's good but not top 5 money good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

I keep hearing that the Cowboys want to do a 5 year deal. Apparently Dak’s agent is saying if they take a 5 year deal they want the 5th year to be guaranteed 45 mil. I’ve heard that a couple times on various sports talk shows. Don’t know if it’s actually true

A guaranteed 5th year doesn't make much sense. Why not just take the money up front?

 

I wonder if this is some agent marketing gimmick. I had assumed it was that they wanted the last year to look like $45 million, which we all know is completely meaningless.

 

If I was Dak I would sit tight, pop up some popcorn, and let Jerrah negotiate with himself as he likes to do. Worked for Zeke just fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stethant said:

A guaranteed 5th year doesn't make much sense. Why not just take the money up front?

 

I wonder if this is some agent marketing gimmick. I had assumed it was that they wanted the last year to look like $45 million, which we all know is completely meaningless.

 

If I was Dak I would sit tight, pop up some popcorn, and let Jerrah negotiate with himself as he likes to do. Worked for Zeke just fine.

 

Yup, Dak has Jerrah right where he wants him. He's going to get whatever he wants. The Jerrah has no other choice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

Yup, Dak has Jerrah right where he wants him. He's going to get whatever he wants. The Jerrah has no other choice. 

Andy Dalton

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Andy Dalton

 

Sign Dalton to an extension and trade away Dak for some first rounders? Very unlikely but I wouldn't put anything past the Jerrah. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

Sign Dalton to an extension and trade away Dak for some first rounders? Very unlikely but I wouldn't put anything past the Jerrah. 

And the extension would be less than half the money. Dalton would Take 5 years for$75 fully guaranteed.

And i bet he'd perform just as well

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

And the extension would be less than half the money. Dalton would Take 5 years for$75 fully guaranteed.

And i bet he'd perform just as well

 

Not a bad thought entirely. Sign Dalton for 3 years, trade Dak for piles of draft picks and save the cap. Makes too much sense for Jerrah. He'd rather overpay for an overated Dak. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

Not a bad thought entirely. Sign Dalton for 3 years, trade Dak for piles of draft picks and save the cap. Makes too much sense for Jerrah. He'd rather overpay for an overated Dak. 

Honestly, I would love for some franchise to try this. Cycle out the QB before they get really expensive. Ballsy move and could really alienate the fan base but what if it worked?

 

No one would do this for Mahomes or Watson say (well...let's not put it past Billy O'Brien) but for the next tier down...maybe??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

my idea works for non-franchise QBs. I don't think Dak is a franchise QB.

Mahomes will be (and should) the highest paid NFL player ever. KC should really lock him in as long as possible

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, stethant said:

A guaranteed 5th year doesn't make much sense. Why not just take the money up front?

 

I wonder if this is some agent marketing gimmick. I had assumed it was that they wanted the last year to look like $45 million, which we all know is completely meaningless.

 

If I was Dak I would sit tight, pop up some popcorn, and let Jerrah negotiate with himself as he likes to do. Worked for Zeke just fine.

If I’m remembering correctly Dak’s team wants less years because the QB market and pay changes so fast. So he wants something big and guaranteed for that final year if he’s going to sign a 5 year deal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

If I’m remembering correctly Dak’s team wants less years because the QB market and pay changes so fast. So he wants something big and guaranteed for that final year if he’s going to sign a 5 year deal. 

it should only be guaranteed for injury... mostly because I think he'll disappoint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the Cowboys let Dak walk , I think there will barely be a market for him . He should take whatever they offer him and consider himself lucky . He sucks 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, whomper said:

If the Cowboys let Dak walk , I think there will barely be a market for him . He should take whatever they offer him and consider himself lucky . He sucks 

Aren'tyou a cowboys fan? Do you think the should sign dalton for 50%, keep dak or draft a new one next year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Aren'tyou a cowboys fan? Do you think the should sign dalton for 50%, keep dak or draft a new one next year?

No way do I sign Dak long term for big money. Dalton isn’t the long term answer but he would be much cheaper than what Dak is looking for and just as productive .  Yes, I draft  A qb next year. 

Edited by whomper
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, whomper said:

No way do I sign Dak long term for big money. Dalton isn’t the long term answer but he would be much cheaper than what Dak is looking for and just as productive .  Yes, I draft  A qb next year. 

I would go this route.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

I would go this route.

 

I'm really shocked that Cowboy fans feel that way. Jerrah let this go way too long and now he has to grossly overpay. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

I'm really shocked that Cowboy fans feel that way. Jerrah let this go way too long and now he has to grossly overpay. 

He'll mess up the whole market if he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.