League_Champion

NFL rule change that would allow a fourth-and-15 onside kick alternative

8 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Here's another with an eye opening statistic "But on third-down plays of 15 yards or longer, Mahomes was 12-of-16 for 255 yards and three touchdowns"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29210111/chiefs-see-patrick-mahomes-advantage-4th-15-proposal-passes-andy-reid-says%3fplatform=amp

But in defense of the rule change...

How often would the Superbowl MVP be in That situation?

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

You don't like my proposal of having mini windmills, water hazards, funhouse mirrors and clowns running around on the field? I think it's brilliant. 

1 minute ago, League_Champion said:

You don't like my proposal of having mini windmills, water hazards, funhouse mirrors and clowns running around on the field? I think it's brilliant. 

Greg schiano appears to have a great plan based on statistics... But also had one of his players seriously injured on an unnecessary kick off.

It's absolutely worth considering

3 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Personally I think they should have livestock randomly grazing around a baseball field to make it more exciting 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

I think the criticism that the onside kick has become pointless is largely true so I think something will need to change, I just don't know if this is it.  Yes it favors certain teams somewhat but those teams also tend to be the better teams anyway.  I guess my personal preference would be to make it slightly tougher but it would be nice to see a table of options with some data. 

Edited by purplemonster

36 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Personally I think they should have livestock randomly grazing around a baseball field to make it more exciting 

Yes!!!