[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Miles Sanders worth

Dynasty / std / 4 round draft

Current roster:

Deshaun Watson
Austin Ekeler
Ezekiel Elliott
Cole Beasley
Adam Thielen
Zach Ertz
Jacoby Brissett
David Johnson
Ronald Jones II
Rashaad Penny
Tony Pollard
JJ Arcega-Whiteside
Parris Campbell
Brandin Cooks
Andy Isabella
Tyrell Williams
Noah Fant
Buffalo Bills
Minnesota Vikings

I have the 1.2, 1.9, 2.2, 3.9, 3.10 and 4.9 picks

I've been offered:

Miles Sanders and Christian Kirk for my 1.2.and 2.12 picks.

I'm trying to decide if I think the value is there. Sanders may or may not get the bulk of the carries in Philly. They typically use RBBC. If I don't take the offer I'd draft Jonathan Taylor @ 1.2, and try to pick up a decent WR with the 1.9 and 2.2

Right now I'm leaning towards taking the offer. Sanders is still young and has a lot of talent. Plus, I usually target three down backs if at all possible. As for Kirk, his upside is low until either Fitzgerald retires or Kirk gets traded.

I figure Sanders is a known commodity and Taylor is an unknown.

Thoughts?

Quick clarification - you don't list the 2.12 as a pick you have, so do you have the 2.12 as well as the 2.2, or is the deal for the 1.2 and 2.2?

If the deal is for the 1.2 and 2.2, it's an easy no for me. If it is the 1.2 and 2.12, I'm still on the no side, even though it is closer to a decent offer that possibly with a few tweaks would sway my opinion.

Though I do think Sanders would be an upgrade to Ekeler in the non-PPR format, it doesn't really address your real need which is a WR upgrade. Kirk is likely barely even a flex option in non-PPR, especially as long as Hopkins and Fitzgerald are there not to mention the slew of other young WRs ARI has fighting for reps. If you can start 3 RBs, you can make a stronger argument in favor of the deal (if it is for the 2.12), but I'd be trying to get a better WR added in rather than Kirk. 

As it is, I would keep the pick and take Taylor/CEH if they are there, but ideally I would shop the pick for a major WR upgrade.

I think I'd rather have Taylor over Sanders.  As for Kirk, I am sure I'm in the minority, but I think his value actually goes up with Hopkins in town.  Kirk isn't a #1 (like he was asked to be last year), but he can be a very good #2 as he will/should draw weaker coverage.  This has to be (should be) Fitz's last season.

Put that together, I'm at a tossup.  But if you like Sanders over Taylor, I would definitely take it because as I think you are undervaluing Kirk.

Edited by zips5000

Thank you both for your replies. I appreciate you taking the time to respond. And yes, I misspoke when I said the 2.12. It was the 1.2 and the 2.2 pick being requested. I like Sanders, and want to pull the trigger, but in the end I can't justify giving up both picks for him.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/25/2020 at 3:30 PM, League_Champion said:

I would stay there and take Jonathan Taylor. In my opinion Myles Sanders is the more talented, versatile back but in a very cloudy, undefined offense. Taylor will have to share time with Marlon Mack but should be getting the bulk of meaning carries. Taylor is a future stud! 

This