Second-year wideouts

Which wideout would you target first?  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Second-year wideouts

• Marquise Brown
    • N'Keal Harry
    • Deebo Samuel
    • Mecole Hardman

Which second-year wideout would you most want on your team?

Marquise Brown - super fast on a team that doesn't throw

N'Keal Harry - former first-round pick with Stidham for a QB

Deebo Samuel - another team that doesn't throw much and spreads the ball around

Mecole Hardman - a Chief but maybe target #5 there

Based on what we saw of him when healthy last year I’d take Brown. Lot’s of potential there

10 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

Based on what we saw of him when healthy last year I’d take Brown. Lot’s of potential there

I agree with this 

42 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

But yet you didn't vote for Brown ;)  

I went with Hardman, but honestly I'd not be too pleased with any of them. 

Despite the Niners not throwing much, I think Samuel is the one that steps up with Sanders gone.  

Longshot, though, is Harry.  Never know what happens with a new QB.  Maybe he and Stidham really had a connection when the second unit was out there.  Edelman is just a slot guy; he'll get his targets but someone needs to be the outside threat for NEP.

For me, it's Samuel, pretty easily.

I did not include AJ Brown who was the 4th WR taken or Terry McLaurin (12th taken). But was a pretty down year for rookie WR with only Marquise Brown and N'Keal Harry taken in Round 1 (and both barely). Year 2 is usually the best year to make a move up but the crop seemed mostly disappointing so far.

Deebo just based on that fact that he has the coolest name of the bunch.

• Thanks 1

I'd maybe take Samuels in a redraft but Brown in a best ball. He has the potential for a long score in every game.

Of the ones listed, I would probably take Deebo first as the safest option of the 4.  Brown and Hardman likely offer more boom/bust potential, while Samuel should be the safest floor on a week to week basis but without as high of a ceiling on any given week, as both Brown/Hardman can easily bust out the 80 yard score. Harry is the outlier as we hardly saw any of him last year, it's a steep QB downgrade from Brady to Stidham, etc. but he's a very intriguing prospect for sure.

Even though he's not listed, I'm probably highest on the potential of Diontae Johnson over any of the 4 listed WRs. He should be getting a QB upgrade with a healthy Roth back, he played most of last season injured and still put up solid numbers that should only go up, plus with Juju being a free agent next year, there is a possible path to being the #1 option in 2021 if the Steelers opt to move on from JJSS.

I like Debo but I don't think he has the highest ceiling or the best QB throwing to him. That's not to say he can't be good because he will be. 

4 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I like Debo but I don't think he has the highest ceiling or the best QB throwing to him. That's not to say he can't be good because he will be. 

I'd probably roll with Brown for the money

Deebo for me, a RB playing WR. It's difficult for defenses to play so well in consecutive years, so IMO, SF could be throwing more this year. Seems they recognize his talent and use their imagination to get him the rock.

That said, AJ is easily the best 2nd year WR. I was lucky he caught my eye early enough last year, that I picked him up and was a pleasure inserting him in my lineup each week.

I picked Deebo mainly just because he is a truck.  That guy could use a lot more receptions one would think and he reliably gets yards after the catch.  He seems like he has the most reliable outlook. I like Marquise but he is really small.  Like 165-175 lbs small, not sure if he will hold up.