League_Champion

DeAndre Hopkins says he's the NFL's best wide receiver

Recommended Posts

This is an interesting debate. Who is the best WR in the NFL (non-fantasy). I'd probably take Michael Thomas if I were starting a team but Hopkins is definitely a close second with Julio Jones & Tyreek Hill in that discussion. Your thoughts? 

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deandre-hopkins-says-hes-the-nfls-best-wide-receiver-expects-better-numbers-with-cardinals/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When a WR is great playing with sub-par QBs, it's hard not to think he's the best.

Didn't he play great one year with 3 different QBs?

Edited by LordOpie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

When a WR is great playing with sub-par QBs, it's hard not to think he's the best.

Didn't he play great one year with 3 different QBs?

 

Yup. I'd love to see what Hopkins could do in a real offense. O'Brien had no clue, he's an absolute stud. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's arguably the best WR in football. In fantasy, it's Michael Thomas, but in the NFL it's hard to argue against him being the best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

He's got the best hands maybe but his YAC has been down no?  The man is elite I just wouldn't call him #1.  I would take Thomas or Godwin before Hopkins.  

Edited by purplemonster

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Shaft said:

He's arguably the best WR in football. In fantasy, it's Michael Thomas, but in the NFL it's hard to argue against him being the best.

 

I can't disagree. I think if Hopkins had Drew Brees he'd be an all time all timer. I'd love to see him a better situation 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

He's got the best hands maybe but his YAC has been down no?  The man is elite I just wouldn't call him #1.  I would take Thomas or Godwin before Hopkins.  

 

Dam, I forget Godwin. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

 

Dam, I forget Godwin. 

Nah, one great year doesn't cut it. But I'm separating fantasy from real.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a fun argument, but I wouldn't take any WR right now over Thomas. I'm probably biased a bit though. I think Thomas proved himself last year with virtually little to no dropoff while Brees was out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Nah, one great year doesn't cut it. But I'm separating fantasy from real.

 

Godwin is on his way to become a legit Superstar. Just look what he did with Winston as his QB. I do agree with you though. He's not there yet but he will be, real soon. I bet he's in this conversation next season for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, League_Champion said:

 

Godwin is on his way to become a legit Superstar. Just look what he did with Winston as his QB. I do agree with you though. He's not there yet but he will be, real soon. I bet he's in this conversation next season for sure. 

but other than turnovers, Winston was very good. One of the best yards per attempt in the league and a lot of attempts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rajncajn said:

It's a fun argument, but I wouldn't take any WR right now over Thomas. I'm probably biased a bit though. I think Thomas proved himself last year with virtually little to no dropoff while Brees was out.

 

I agree. And what is even more impressive than remaining productive with Teddy Bridgwater is that he was almost the only receiver for the Saints. He caught 149 passes and the next best was Jared Cook with only 43. He had 8  games with 10+ catches. No other WR had more than 3 games with 10 catches. There was no one else to cover and yet they could not stop him. That was truly amazing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hard to say, but i think if AB doesn't become a head case he is the top wr

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

hard to say, but i think if AB doesn't become a head case he is the top wr

That ship has sailed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Shaft said:

That ship has sailed.

You can say that again.  You couldn't pay me to sign that guy 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

this was non-fantasy, correct?
 

Over 8 seasons AB averaged 103 rec, 1400 yds, 10 tds per season.

 

his last season was 104, 1300, 15

 

 

these came with decent skill positions around him:

 

mike Wallace, Heath Miller, Emmanuel sanders, placid burress, leveon bell, Martavis Bryant,Eli Rodgers, juju, Vance McDonald, Jesse James, James Conner 

 

 

a year where they had few options he posted 136 rec, 1800, 10.  
 

 

year before 129, 1700, 13

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

DeAndre has an overall adp of 11.  Anyone here willing to draft him that high?

No, not in his first year on a new team/offense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If AB is out of the picture, I go with Thomas or Julio

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, michaelredd9 said:

DeAndre has an overall adp of 11.  Anyone here willing to draft him that high?

If anyone can overcome the first year adjustment period with a new QB, he's probably one of the few (although I thought the same thing about OBJ, who basically had career lows last year).  But, I probably pass as early picks are a good time to minimize risk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

If AB is out of the picture, I go with Thomas or Julio

Wait, you would draft AB over Thomas?:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/30/2020 at 7:32 AM, League_Champion said:

This is an interesting debate. Who is the best WR in the NFL (non-fantasy). I'd probably take Michael Thomas if I were starting a team but Hopkins is definitely a close second with Julio Jones & Tyreek Hill in that discussion. Your thoughts? 

 

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deandre-hopkins-says-hes-the-nfls-best-wide-receiver-expects-better-numbers-with-cardinals/

 

6 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Wait, you would draft AB over Thomas?:blink:

I thought this thread was originally about non- fantasy wr talent.

 

for fantasy ppr, I am not there yet.  Is the question "who would I draft as my #1 wr?"  It is going to depend on my draft position and how I weigh other players in other rounds.

 

Who do I think will be the most productive ff wr?  I believe thomas will dip, but still lead the way.  Not sure how thielen will do without diggs.  Not sure how nuke will do in Az, sharing with Fitz. Interested to see how evens and godwin do with brady

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bier Meister said:

 

I thought this thread was originally about non- fantasy wr talent.

 

for fantasy ppr, I am not there yet.  Is the question "who would I draft as my #1 wr?"  It is going to depend on my draft position and how I weigh other players in other rounds.

 

Who do I think will be the most productive ff wr?  I believe thomas will dip, but still lead the way.  Not sure how thielen will do without diggs.  Not sure how nuke will do in Az, sharing with Fitz. Interested to see how evens and godwin do with brady

Fair question, since it's vacillated between fantasy and non-fantasy, but AB has missed a whole year of football and is older. He wouldn't make my top 5 in fantasy or non-fantasy. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Shaft said:

Fair question, since it's vacillated between fantasy and non-fantasy, but AB has missed a whole year of football and is older. He wouldn't make my top 5 in fantasy or non-fantasy. 

 

My original posts were about wr talent. 

 

When it comes to FF, for AB it would come down to situation for me. I would draft him with confidence if he was all in and with a decent qb/system. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.