[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Drew Brees

whomper

What a kick in the F'in nuts. Here is a guy who has true skin in the game. He isnt a keyboard warrior wetting himself to show how anti racist he is. Hes a guy that donated millions of dollars to his impoverished community , many of which are black , and hes getting dragged through the mud royally because he felt the kneeling was disrespectful to the flag even though he agreed with the reason. 

Tons of NFL players on twitter blasting him even though most of them probably haven't done a fraction of the charitable work this guy has done. A shame to watch a good man get swallowed up in an internet shark tank

• Like 6

I listened to his response and I get his sentiment but unfortunately the headline is Brees doesn't agree with kneeling and it makes a great headline to create controversy and division.  I know he didn't volunteer it, it was an answer to a question, but this may have been a good time to keep his opinion to himself and just give a basic or non answer, or simply a message of support, maybe not for kneeling but just for the other black players.  Because somebody can come right back and say 'well I think it is even more disrespectful to be killed by police" etc etc and it will be a tough answer.  And Brees is white as can be so he really doesn't understand what it means to be discriminated against in the first place. That's a bad trap question and Brees is old enough he can speak his mind but he is still playing and this will create unwanted attention.    

Edited by purplemonster

I think it's worse now that he has apologized. 

I'm going to say the same thing I said about Kaep. It's a free country, you have the right to say and express yourself. You also have the right to face the consequences, that is what Brees is dealing with. It's sad we moved past the "agree to disagree." 

1 hour ago, purplemonster said:

I listened to his response and I get his sentiment but unfortunately the headline is Brees doesn't agree with kneeling and it makes a great headline to create controversy and division.  I know he didn't volunteer it, it was an answer to a question, but this may have been a good time to keep his opinion to himself and just give a basic or non answer, or simply a message of support, maybe not for kneeling but just for the other black players.  Because somebody can come right back and say 'well I think it is even more disrespectful to be killed by police" etc etc and it will be a tough answer.  And Brees is white as can be so he really doesn't understand what it means to be discriminated against in the first place. That's a bad trap question and Brees is old enough he can speak his mind but he is still playing and this will create unwanted attention.    

This

• Thanks 1

My Wife and I argued about this last night. I told her to read everything he said before judging him. He has every right to feel the way he does about kneeling, it was just the worst time ever to say it. And it’s sad how all these people are now coming out and saying fu** Drew Brees. Showing the same intolerance that they are fighting against.

Edited by Finn5033

18 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

Me and wife argued about this last night. I told her to read everything he said before judging him. He has every right to feel the way he does about kneeling, it was just the worst time ever to say it. And it’s sad how all these people are now coming out and saying fu** Drew Brees. Showing the same intolerance that they are fighting against.

I agree 100% I think a part of the reaction to Brees is that Kaep got so much "fu**** Kaep." 

Edited by Shaft

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

Who would of though Drew Brees would be a heat getter? Seems like a pile on to me. 

It is a pile on, but Brees put it on himself. This was a good time to be quiet.

12 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

It's a pile on because he's white. The whole Country is a big White pile on right now. He should apologize for being born white, that might take some heat off of him. 

Here you go again.

6 hours ago, whomper said:

What a kick in the F'in nuts. Here is a guy who has true skin in the game. He isnt a keyboard warrior wetting himself to show how anti racist he is. Hes a guy that donated millions of dollars to his impoverished community , many of which are black , and hes getting dragged through the mud royally because he felt the kneeling was disrespectful to the flag even though he agreed with the reason. 

Tons of NFL players on twitter blasting him even though most of them probably haven't done a fraction of the charitable work this guy has done. A shame to watch a good man get swallowed up in an internet shark tank

He was asked a specific question, about the chance of players kneeling again, and he answered giving HIS opinion. Apparently people would prefer he tell them what they want to hear rather than express his own views. Shame on Michael Thomas, LeBron and others for trashing him, kudos to Joe Horn and Marcus Davenport for sticking up for him. One of Thomas' tweets had a response from Mike Freeman reacting as if Brees watched Floyd killed by the cop and said "you need to respect the flag, no kneeling."  What an ass. 

https://www.al.com/sports/2020/06/saints-teammate-marcus-davenport-defends-drew-brees-joe-horn-tells-lebron-james-to-pump-brakes.html

Edited by stevegrab

13 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

With all the stupid crap i say... I'm glad I'm not famous or on social media

True but this was not social media, it was an interview, in the pre social media day it still would have spread but a bit slower. In the old days people sat at the bar and said things to the guy next to them, who'd nod in agreement or just mumble and that was the end of it. Nobody else knew their views. 

The real buffoons of social media are the people committing serious crimes, and posting video live while doing it. Like the instigator in some of the riots (Matthew Rupert from Illinois) even when somebody expressed concern about it he was like "no worries, we ain't doing nuthin wrong".

• Thanks 1

Lebron should shut the F up about anything other than basketball.  He makes millions just off his shoe deals alone, while the kids making them make pennies a day for starters.  He should just work on getting into the top ten or five of NBA players of all time and keep donating to Cleveland.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, SNOWBOUND33 said:

Lebron should shut the F up about anything other than basketball.  He makes millions just off his shoe deals alone, while the kids making them make pennies a day for starters.  He should just work on getting into the top ten or five of NBA players of all time and keep donating to Cleveland.

Agree. Who the hell are these athletes to criticize Drew Brees for having an opinion? Your own people are out there rioting, looting and burning down their own Cities but you are worried about what Drew Brees has to say, as if he killed Mr. Floyd? Deflection

• Like 1

There is only one thing for Brees to do that would be satisfactory to make Thomas, Labron, and the like happy.

He needs to immediately retire from the NFL, donate all his worldly goods to the NAACP, move to a 

small apartment with no hot water in Harlem. and spend the rest of his days working in a soup kitchen.

The only things he can do to make up for voicing his opinion. I mean how dare he.

3 minutes ago, skylive5 said:

There is only one thing for Brees to do that would be satisfactory to make Thomas, Labron, and the like happy.

He needs to immediately retire from the NFL, donate all his worldly goods to the NAACP, move to a 

small apartment with no hot water in Harlem. and spend the rest of his days working in a soup kitchen.

The only things he can do to make up for voicing his opinion. I mean how dare he.

It's amazing. You would think that Drew Brees owns 20 slaves. It's a disgrace what they are doing to him. 

• Like 1