[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Players to target!

33 minutes ago, bobbydigital050 said:

What sleepers do you guys have for this year or any rookie sleepers that anyone thinks should get targeted lmk I would love to see everyone’s opinions 

My rookie sleeper is Jonathan Taylor although he's not really a sleeper. I do think he'll be the best rookie RB of the bunch. I like Michael Gallup, Miles Sanders, Diontae Johnson and TJ Hockenson for starters. I'm sure I'm missing a ton. 

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

My rookie sleeper is Jonathan Taylor although he's not really a sleeper. I do think he'll be the best rookie RB of the bunch. I like Michael Gallup, Miles Sanders, Diontae Johnson and TJ Hockenson for starters. I'm sure I'm missing a ton. 

League Champion quick question would you trade Antonio Gibson and two 2nds for Melvin Gordon?

It depends on your roster for either of those deals.

If I am looking at being one of the better teams this year and Gordon is the piece that could put me over the top and into championship contention, then I think you would deal a Gibson or Vaughan for him, though adding in 2 seconds with either of those guys would probably be about the limit. Gordon is not quite old at just 27 years old, but he is far from young in NFL RB terms.

Neither Gibson or Vaughan look like they have the making of a 3 down stud RB (very few truly do), but both are in murky RB situations where there is a legit chance they will get opportunity this year and in the very near future, both have decent draft capital used on them, and both look like very good receiver which, assuming PPR scoring, would have value even if they are not high volume carry guys. So if I am more in a rebuild or bottom half of standings team, I'd probably prefer the upside of these two compared to a Gordon who, in a rebuild team, wouldn't move the needle very much. Plus the fact if I am likely at the bottom of the standings it means my 2nd round pick that I'd be giving up is that much higher.

1 hour ago, Big Country said:

It depends on your roster for either of those deals.

If I am looking at being one of the better teams this year and Gordon is the piece that could put me over the top and into championship contention, then I think you would deal a Gibson or Vaughan for him, though adding in 2 seconds with either of those guys would probably be about the limit. Gordon is not quite old at just 27 years old, but he is far from young in NFL RB terms.

Neither Gibson or Vaughan look like they have the making of a 3 down stud RB (very few truly do), but both are in murky RB situations where there is a legit chance they will get opportunity this year and in the very near future, both have decent draft capital used on them, and both look like very good receiver which, assuming PPR scoring, would have value even if they are not high volume carry guys. So if I am more in a rebuild or bottom half of standings team, I'd probably prefer the upside of these two compared to a Gordon who, in a rebuild team, wouldn't move the needle very much. Plus the fact if I am likely at the bottom of the standings it means my 2nd round pick that I'd be giving up is that much higher.

So it’s a 12 TM PPR Dynasty league with a Flex and a Superflex this is my squad I’m probably the 3rd best team this is my lineup and my bench 

Starters

qb- Deshaun Watson

rb- Joe Mixon 

rb- Nick Chubb

wr- AJ Brown

wr- DJ Moore

te- Darren Waller 

flex- Brandin Cooks

super- Sam Darnold

k- Lutz

def- Ravens

Bench

qb- Tua l

qb- Eason

rb- Mckinnon

rb- Hyde

rb- Armstead

rb- Gibson

rb- Vaughn

rb- McFarland Jr

rb- Perine

wr- Gage

wr- Hurd

wr- Preston Williams 

wr- Mims

wr- Van Jefferson 

wr- Proche

te- Herndon

te- Moss

te- Trautman

k- Prater

def- Tampa Bay

Draft Picks

2021- 2nd

2021- 2nd

2021- 3rd

2022- 1st

2022- 2nd

2022- 3rd

2023- 1st

2023- 2nd

2023- 3rd

SO, for your team then I would probably want to try and add Gordon (if the other owner is still willing to deal) but I wouldn't want to pay a ton to do so - he adds some much needed depth for you behind Chubb and Mixon in case the rookies don't pan out, which while i like their potential that is more a long term view.

I would also be exploring options to try add one more decent WR option for you. You have decent youth but not guys without questions around them.

SO, for your team then I would probably want to try and add Gordon (if the other owner is still willing to deal) but I wouldn't want to pay a ton to do so - he adds some much needed depth for you behind Chubb and Mixon in case the rookies don't pan out, which while i like their potential that is more a long term view.

I would also be exploring options to try add one more decent WR option for you. You have decent youth but not guys without questions around them.

He wanted both my 2nds for 2021 and Vaughn for Gordon and I’m also trying to trade Mims a 2nd and a 3rd for CeeDee Lamb and a 3rd

40 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

Gordon is still young, it's not like he's 35 

I didn't say he was old, but at 27 he is relatively old by NFL RB standards and most likely looking at a serious decline in production over the next couple of seasons. (And I say this as a Gordon owner who will be relying on him heavily to defend a dynasty title this year)

Here is some of the research - the ESPN article is a bit older from 2014, but the Apex article was updated with data through the start of last season:

ESPN Article on RB Performance/Age

Apex Article on RB Performance/Age

So, as I said, given the OPs evaluation of his team as a likely top 3 team this year, I think that adding Gordon is a good choice as the future 2nds aren't exactly high value and obviously Vaughan/Gibson are unknowns, but based on history, Gordon is a declining asset that likely has a short shelf life, so this is a standard win now trade. IF OP was saying his team is likely in the bottom half of the league, then acquiring Gordon would make zero sense for his team as not only do Vaughan and Gibson hold more long term value for a rebuilding fantasy franchise, the 2nds are also that much more valuable.

I didn't say he was old, but at 27 he is relatively old by NFL RB standards and most likely looking at a serious decline in production over the next couple of seasons.

I don't know about a "serious decline in production". I'm thinking he still has 2-3 very productive years left. I'd certainly give up 2 meaningless 2nd round dynasty picks for that. Those picks are crap shoots at best. 

18 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I don't know about a "serious decline in production". I'm thinking he still has 2-3 very productive years left. I'd certainly give up 2 meaningless 2nd round dynasty picks for that. Those picks are crap shoots at best. 

Well two 2nds and Vaughn for Gordon plus I’m thinking I might trade Mims and a 2nd for CeeDee Lamb and swap 3rds?

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

It's absolutely possible that he bucks the odds, per the ESPN article though:

"The red line represents all running backs who have played at least four NFL seasons since 2001, with a minimum average of 75 carries per season. Overall, we see their careers peak at age 27. Afterward, their rushing totals drop by 15 percent in one year, 25 percent in two and almost 40 by the time they are 30."

I'm not sure how many more ways I can say that I agree with you in that dealing for Gordon in this situation is probably the right move, but expectation has to be for declining production from this point forward.

It's absolutely possible that he bucks the odds, per the ESPN article though:

"The red line represents all running backs who have played at least four NFL seasons since 2001, with a minimum average of 75 carries per season. Overall, we see their careers peak at age 27. Afterward, their rushing totals drop by 15 percent in one year, 25 percent in two and almost 40 by the time they are 30."

I'm not sure how many more ways I can say that I agree with you in that dealing for Gordon in this situation is probably the right move, but expectation has to be for declining production from this point forward.

You may be right on him declining but look at his carries over the past few years. They are very low, he hasn't been a high mileage workhorse like most. I just think he has some tread on the tires, I could be wrong. 

17 hours ago, League_Champion said:

You may be right on him declining but look at his carries over the past few years. They are very low, he hasn't been a high mileage workhorse like most. I just think he has some tread on the tires, I could be wrong. 

18 hours ago, League_Champion said:

That would be awesome if you can pull it off. 

Let me ask you guys something would you trade Lamar Jackson and Devante Parker ,Dan Arnold and Dwayne Haskins for Kyler Murray, Tua Tagovailoa, DJ Chark, Tee Higgins and TJ Hockenson ?

7 hours ago, League_Champion said:

No way! 

Lmao ok that was my other dynasty league which I’m not gonna do that trade don’t worry 😉 How bout if I offered like I previously told you Ke’shawn Vaughn and two 2nds for Melvin Gordon but I also ask him to add Hockenson and I’ll add Herndon and a 3rd what you think? I’ll have no picks for 2021 but it might be worth it and my team is pretty young 

Desean Jackson has great late round value

Even though they are both going early, I think Robert Woods and Calvin Ridley are both going to be closer in points to Cooper Kupp and Julio Jones respectively, so I'd rather wait to get those two guys a couple rounds later than Kupp and Jones. 

On 6/9/2020 at 5:36 PM, League_Champion said:

I agree with Jonathan Taylor.  I also like Gallup the problem is the competition for targets in that offense, so not sure where to rank him.  I also think Clyde Edwards Helaire will feast as well. Not a sleeper but he was a 1st round pick by Reid, and Damien Williams did ok, but the fact they expended a #1 on him tells me he's going to be used a lot.  With a banging offense like that hard to pass on him.  I think DK Metcalf will make a big jump too.  He's very young so what he did last year was even more impressive.  Seahawks will be throwing more.