[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kamara outlook

purplemonster

Today's Huddle is below.  I get the fact Kamara played through a lot last year, which certainly makes sense as he didn't seem nearly as explosive or shifty.  I have heard precious little though of exactly what his ailments are and how confident we are they won't resurface.  It is an important choice after all, as he is often one of the first 3 or 4 choices ranked right now.  

Posted 6/15/2020 9:27 pm CDT
New Orleans Saints RB Alvin Kamara 'played through a lot' in 2019, according to running backs coach Joel Thomas, who said Kamara dealt with knee, ankle and back injuries. Thomas also went on to say 'Kamara's 75 percent is a lot of people's 100 percent' and that was why he continued to play as much as he did.
Huddle Up: The back issue seemed to pale in comparison to his ankle and knee injuries. It took until mid-March before he said he was fully healthy. There is no question Kamara was not himself last season and every reason to believe he'll bounce back in a big way in 2020. Owners should be thrilled to land him if he begins to slide a bit in the first round of fantasy drafts.

Edited by purplemonster

37 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

Yeah I took him 4th overall in my 10 team PPR league last year. My 2nd rounder was OBJ. I somehow still led the league in scoring but lost in the semi-finals. I’d still take him top 5

Ouch.  It happens to the best of us.

6 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

Yeah I took him 4th overall in my 10 team PPR league last year. My 2nd rounder was OBJ. I somehow still led the league in scoring but lost in the semi-finals. I’d still take him top 5

Well that is reassuring since you were paying a bit more attention.  I just never really heard if it was a sprain or what?  I am wondering why they didn't feel they should just sit him for a month and have him closer to 100%.  Maybe because Brees was out and they didn't feel they could sit both.  I don't mean to be nervous Nelly but when they say someone is playing at 75%  with some "nagging injuries" it makes me wonder 

10 hours ago, purplemonster said:

Well that is reassuring since you were paying a bit more attention.  I just never really heard if it was a sprain or what?  I am wondering why they didn't feel they should just sit him for a month and have him closer to 100%.  Maybe because Brees was out and they didn't feel they could sit both.  I don't mean to be nervous Nelly but when they say someone is playing at 75%  with some "nagging injuries" it makes me wonder 

Well to be honest I was thinking about it and who would you take before him? Not a lot of options. I’d be willing to gamble on a bounce back season from him over someone who’s never done it before. I’m not sure I’d even take Cook before him assuming he signs and plays.

18 minutes ago, Finn5033 said:

Well to be honest I was thinking about it and who would you take before him? Not a lot of options. I’d be willing to gamble on a bounce back season from him over someone who’s never done it before. I’m not sure I’d even take Cook before him assuming he signs and plays.

I looked it up and best I could find was high ankle sprain and a tweaked knee and nothing about the back.  He is in a contract year and wants a payday I am sure.  I will put this one to bed because he's too dynamic to ignore.  Every choice comes with some risk 

Edited by purplemonster

21 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

I'd imagine you hit big on a few other players to make up for those two being "down".

Also, I expect a bounce-back from OBJ this year.  Maybe worthy of another thread.

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

I'd imagine you hit big on a few other players to make up for those two being "down".

Also, I expect a bounce-back from OBJ this year.  Maybe worthy of another thread.

That's what I was wondering.   OBJ is interesting too.  A pretty severe abdominal strain/tear.  I am surprised I didn't hear him complain.  I would have assumed a guy as vocal as he is would have told us about it.  My sense is that the team and players are going to give Baker another year but were getting restless with inconsistent QB play last year.  It matters a little more with OBJ imo bc he may quit on you if he thinks the QB sucks.  But they have a lot of weapons now so I would be surprised if that offense doesn't take a significant step forward, which should keep everyone happy enough.  My concern for OBJ is target share

Runs to Chubb, passes to Hunt,  landry is a target monster, higgins, added Hooper.  All that with potential inconsistent QB play makes me wonder if there's enough to go around.  I'd expect a significantly better season I'm just not sure how much.  He was the #31 WR last year playing 16 games.  Are you talking top 10? Top 5?  Personally I think 10 is doable.  Id be surprised at top 5. 

Edited by purplemonster

2 hours ago, purplemonster said:

That's what I was wondering.   OBJ is interesting too.  A pretty severe abdominal strain/tear.  I am surprised I didn't hear him complain.  I would have assumed a guy as vocal as he is would have told us about it.  My sense is that the team and players are going to give Baker another year but were getting restless with inconsistent QB play last year.  It matters a little more with OBJ imo bc he may quit on you if he thinks the QB sucks.  But they have a lot of weapons now so I would be surprised if that offense doesn't take a significant step forward, which should keep everyone happy enough.  My concern for OBJ is target share

Runs to Chubb, passes to Hunt,  landry is a target monster, higgins, added Hooper.  All that with potential inconsistent QB play makes me wonder if there's enough to go around.  I'd expect a significantly better season I'm just not sure how much.  He was the #31 WR last year playing 16 games.  Are you talking top 10? Top 5?  Personally I think 10 is doable.  Id be surprised at top 5. 

I'm guessing his TDs spike a bit this year, landing in top-10 wouldn't be surprising.

19 hours ago, Raven Claw said:

Chubb is better runner than Henry but too bad he’s stuck with hunt for another year 

I agree with you on Chubb.  Either could be a stud on their own team but really cap each other fantasy wise.  If you draft one you really should draft the other if you can but that means maybe overpaying