[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ranking top 10 RBs for 2020 NFL season

League_Champion

7 hours ago, Finn5033 said:

Wanted to revive this thread to discuss CMC. I am a little surprised nobody is discussing the fact that he will have a new quarterback, head coach, and offense this year. I know that his year last year was amazing, but I don’t think there is any question that he will regress in scoring quite a bit. Is he really the clear cut #1 pick? Would Zeke or Henry be a safer pick? I have the #1 pick in a 10 team PPR league, and our draft is coming up in a couple weeks. I’m not looking for advice, and most likely will draft CMC but as I said I’m surprised there hasn’t been any discussion with all the changes he’s looking at. Plus he had over 400 touches last year, I find it hard to believe that they won’t try to bring that down a lot, especially on a team that’s not expected to win much

You know Teddy as well as me, I think it will be a good fit.  Teddy does check down a lot and is extremely accurate so I see CMC still getting a ton of swing passes and he grinds out yards where there shouldn't be any.  I agree I'd expect a regression he just seems so safe barring injury.  But you could say that about anyone.  I wouldn't fault anyone for taking Barkley, as I think he is due for a major rebound.  I wouldn't mess with anyone but those two though. 

On 7/9/2020 at 1:30 PM, SNOWBOUND33 said:

I see.  The Score is struggling especially right now.  I am missing some Buffone and OB.  Even Mike North a little.  The station is so heavy now and can't stand Holmes position sometimes.

I know Dan Jiggetts personally and even though he is a Joe Paterno supporter, he has some great insight into what the team needs to do moving forward.  And his wife makes awesome brownies!

Great, now between 12-2 we'll have the option to either listen to Holmes, listen to Greenberg, or commit seppuku.  I know which I'm favoring!

tenor.gif.5662cb50942d51a7a49728a8e36afecd.gif

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 12:43 PM, Finn5033 said:

Wanted to revive this thread to discuss CMC. I am a little surprised nobody is discussing the fact that he will have a new quarterback, head coach, and offense this year. I know that his year last year was amazing, but I don’t think there is any question that he will regress in scoring quite a bit. Is he really the clear cut #1 pick? Would Zeke or Henry be a safer pick? I have the #1 pick in a 10 team PPR league, and our draft is coming up in a couple weeks. I’m not looking for advice, and most likely will draft CMC but as I said I’m surprised there hasn’t been any discussion with all the changes he’s looking at. Plus he had over 400 touches last year, I find it hard to believe that they won’t try to bring that down a lot, especially on a team that’s not expected to win much

I'd rather have CMC at 75% than Zeke, Henry, Cook, etc.  He's just too well rounded and relatively injury resistant.  He's like Chuck Norris for football. 

But now that you bring this up, I wonder if the owner in our dynasty league has concerns that I can exploit.  

On 7/8/2020 at 1:30 PM, Def. said:

Nagy & Pace are the problems.  One simply won't commit to running and the other continually ignores the trenches.  Foles will have very little affect.

This. Owning Montgomery last year was beyond painful until the very end. If he proves it, I'll be happy to hop on the bandwagon next year. The problem was a combo of Nagy and Montgomery not looking very good.

On 8/11/2020 at 1:43 PM, Finn5033 said:

This is a good point. If CMC is the only game in Carolina, why won't defenses just focus on shutting him down and make Teddy beat them through the air? The amount of practice they're getting pre-season in this completely new system is a pitiful joke and, at least in college, Matt Rhule's teams didn't do very well in his first year anywhere. 

Now CMC is very talented, but there is downside here. Is it more than with Jason Garrett stinking up Saquan? I dunno.  I mean they can't dump off to CMC as much as they did last year, could they?

45 minutes ago, stethant said:

This is a good point. If CMC is the only game in Carolina, why won't defenses just focus on shutting him down and make Teddy beat them through the air? The amount of practice they're getting pre-season in this completely new system is a pitiful joke and, at least in college, Matt Rhule's teams didn't do very well in his first year anywhere. 

Now CMC is very talented, but there is downside here. Is it more than with Jason Garrett stinking up Saquan? I dunno.  I mean they can't dump off to CMC as much as they did last year, could they?

Wasn't he the "only game in Carolina" last season though? They had no QB, a mediocre receiver corp and he was in a horrible offense. I expect him to regress as well but not because of the situation. I just don't see him putting up those numbers again, he was a video game. 

10 hours ago, stethant said:

I didn't watch a lot of Carolina but my thought was a lot of teams just accepted that CMC was going to get his yards and make Carolina plod down the field bit by bit and eventually they'd get stopped.  And with the Carolina D not being that good this was a formula for beating them.  They just never moved the ball with enough chunks to overcome that D. 

On 8/11/2020 at 1:43 PM, Finn5033 said:

I would take CMC 1st overall.  He is just so explosive running or passing that it should matter about new QB and HC. I do think he might have a small regression.  Expecting to see Barkley back up to top 3 status.  Zeke is just consistent from game to game.   Henry is a beast.   After these 4 RBs, I have a drop off to the next tier.