[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Deebo Samuels broken foot

DMD

Sorry to be that guy, but wondering about fantasy impact (again my condolences to Niners fan, hope he heals quickly), Id imagine Kittle will get a zillion balls thrown his way.  Maybe a bump with Pettis but he's uninspiring.  Maybe a boost to the run game although not too clear on that as they ran a lot anyway and will need to throw to offset that.  I don't know much about this Aiyuk guy. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-what-deebo-samuels-broken-foot-means-for-him-and-the-49ers/amp/

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

Sorry to be that guy, but wondering about fantasy impact (again my condolences to Niners fan, hope he heals quickly), Id imagine Kittle will get a zillion balls thrown his way.  Maybe a bump with Pettis but he's uninspiring.  Maybe a boost to the run game although not too clear on that as they ran a lot anyway and will need to throw to offset that.  I don't know much about this Aiyuk guy. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/fantasy-football-what-deebo-samuels-broken-foot-means-for-him-and-the-49ers/amp/

Last year they wanted to utilize hurd, richie and taylor more.  they added aiyuk and travis benjamin.  plus they have bourne, kittle, and dwelley.  I think it is going to look a lot like last year where JG spreads it around. I think they will be able to move the ball, but from a fantasy perspective I would wait on the wrs (except might jump on aiyuk in dynasties).

Edited by Bier Meister

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

That's ok, there's no chance that the season starts in September anyhow. He'll be fine 

:lol:

I actually think they're gonna play. Fauci calling the NFL out today is gonna motivate them to get a good plan. 

This injury to Deebo sucks but I'd still keep an eye on Garoppolo. His early season schedule is a complete cake walk - maybe a great late-round zero QB guy to start the year. I think they have to pin the bone for this fracture so I don't see how he plays elite athletics in under 12 weeks but....I'm no orthopedist so maybe someone else on here can comment.

18 minutes ago, stethant said:

I actually think they're gonna play. Fauci calling the NFL out today is gonna motivate them to get a good plan. 

Fauci is duplicitous scum.  No one should care what he says or thinks

Edited by CowboysDiehard
  • Confused 1

Complicated issue.  I find it strange though how glibly he said the mask issue was to preserve masks for healthcare people who were directly caring for coronavirus patients.  They could have had a moratorium on mask sales but you know how that goes.  Not well and there will be an active black market and a run on masks so healthcare supplies would even further be depleted.  We weren't prepared, point blank.  Nevertheless they could have recommended cloth masks or other DIY items.  In the end though he knows since he's been doing this for decades your most valuable commodity is trust and when you aren't truthful you won't get buy in and people won't listen to you.  Since this was moving fast they may not have known early on how effective masks were but he didn't say that so I am not sure.  It is not a good look either way.  But if you have all your healthcare people infected then no one can care for you and your risk is very high due to lack of resources.  Lying to people is an absolute last resort though and I don't think this warranted this personally.  It was poorly handled all the way around, starting mainly with the preparation and lack of supplies. 

Anyway, my 2c.  I don't blame people for feeling betrayed. Back to the issue at hand. 

He has a difficult job,  and his boss has been saying for months this (covid) isnt an issue.   Hospitals by nature take more precautions than elsewhere,  and newer hospitals likely have less staff infection then older hospitals (less ward rooms, larger nursing stations,  more room to distance).  I'd be willing to bet he has been walking a tightrope for months, and at the end of the day we are all safer with his experience and expertise in that role, then a hand picked puppet.   

Aside - I dont believe any elected official speaks the truth on a daily basis.  And in my last 6 years as a customer service manager, most of the public isnt much better.

( I'm done ) back to the matter at hand (or foot, rather)

Edited by millworkguy

6 hours ago, millworkguy said:

He has a difficult job,  and his boss has been saying for months this (covid) isnt an issue.   Hospitals by nature take more precautions than elsewhere,  and newer hospitals likely have less staff infection then older hospitals (less ward rooms, larger nursing stations,  more room to distance).  I'd be willing to bet he has been walking a tightrope for months, and at the end of the day we are all safer with his experience and expertise in that role, then a hand picked puppet.   

Aside - I dont believe any elected official speaks the truth on a daily basis.  And in my last 6 years as a customer service manager, most of the public isnt much better.

( I'm done ) back to the matter at hand (or foot, rather)

I recently found out that I have the Antibodies. I was never sick or anything. Nobody else in my family had it either. I'm a free man! 

24 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I recently found out that I have the Antibodies. I was never sick or anything. Nobody else in my family had it either. I'm a free man! 

Congrats,  now donate yourself to science and let's get a cure going. 

29 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I wouldn't be shocked if my family and I do too.  My wife had some weird sickness this fall, then both of my kids were a little sick.  I never felt anything.

I'd bet this was here - at least in SoCal - much earlier than folks commonly think.

Anyways, back to Deebo.

13 hours ago, millworkguy said:

I dont believe any elected official speaks the truth on a daily basis. 

Agree.  Further to the point, Fauci is an unelected lifelong bureaucrat who has served under six presidents.  Their only mission is to cover their asses, dictate their terms, and collect a pension.  With that comment, I'm done as well.  Back to football...if it is allowed.