Do we want to discuss options for this year only?

I know we don't yet have enough info yet but if a player tests positive, he could be out for weeks, then what?

Thoughts? Ideas?

A really forward thinking gentleman from this league started this discussion awhile back

• Confused 1

That

29 minutes ago, Brentastic said:

A really forward thinking gentleman from this league started this discussion awhile back

That's not what this thread is about. This is... What if the season does happen.

I'd recommend y'all seriously consider handcuffs.

What if the NFL season happens? what if hundreds of players get covid and are out for weeks, even if they're only a little sick and well enough to play, but the league doesn't let them?

If you're competing, you should be acquiring handcuffs now, before your guys (possibly) get sick and the handcuff price goes up.

If you're rebuilding, I recommend you get value now for handcuffs because maybe it's the handcuff that gets sick.

Y'all should be trading away or for players.

As I've said before, being mediocre in dynasty fantasy football only keeps you mediocre. This is a good year to go all-in on competing or all-in on rebuilding. Be great or suck. Don't be mediocre.

I think our first discussion should be...

are y'all okay with merging this decision making process with Dy Another Day Bond league. For me, I would really, really, really, like to have the same covid/temp rules for the Bond leagues that I'm in to all have the same 2020 Rules.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/topic/539915-covid-and-ir/

Pro Football Talk's Mike Florio reports players who test positive will be placed on a 'COVID-19 list' for three weeks.

It’s unclear what will happen if a player on the COVID-19 list can’t return to practice after three weeks. A player being moved to said list will occur as if they were being moved to injured reserve, creating a roster spot that would then be filled with a player (presumably from every organization's expanded practice squad) who is negative for the virus. Fantasy players would be wise to start discussing their home re-draft league rules for this upcoming season as soon as possible

There's a few things we need to decide on before the season starts. Here are the two that strike me tonight:

As Opie said, how to handle players being quarantined, given we are a contract league. I propose 3 extra IR spots. To save the Commish policing this, this year just give 3 extra spots with the same movement rules as normal IR: i.e. you can't be on IR if you're not on IR or being held back due to C19..

But also, what do we do if our league cannot complete a season, because the NFL changes or stops. Would we look at total points over the year, and how many games minimum would we need, when do we abandon and just roll over to 2021. The NFL might stop midseason and we need our plan agreed before. I propose, to kick things off, we complete eight games deciding on total points, otherwise we roll over. Money goes to 2021, players lose their year on a contract. We can all pay $5 for MFL in 2021. I also propose if the league stops during our playoffs, we end then and do total points on the playoff totals. 

• Like 1