[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Cam Newton to the Patriots

loaf

Problem is that Newton has only been an average passer - under 3500 yards since 2015. He also mattered more as a rusher but did less in 2018 and missed 2019. If his foot problems reappear, he's not going to be that much help. But no one really knows that Stidham is like anyway.

This makes the season more interesting and for that I am glad.  It will be interesting how Newton fares under BB beyond the physical questions that are still there for now, re: arm strength/accuracy/mobility.  Pretty nice deal by Belichick too with an incentive laden deal so he can't even really lose on it. 

Edited by purplemonster

56 minutes ago, heehawks said:

Should be real interesting where he goes in redrafts...

He just went in the 12th round of an RTS held tonight after the news.

I was in a slow NFFC cutline draft in the 20th round when the news broke I was 2 picks away and neither team took him so I grabbed him as my 4th QB if it don't work out he will be my first cut.

7 hours ago, darin3 said:

He just went in the mid-5th in a dynasty startup with superflex.  Other QBs that went in the range were Mayfield, Garappolo and Goff.

This is hard to imagine in a redraft, let alone a dynasty. I get the superflex but there's a less than zero chance that Cam gets cut and doesn't play a game.

1 hour ago, League_Champion said:

He may be done, but they paid absolutely nothing to get a look see. If he turns out to be just average it's a brilliant deal. 

I couldn't believe it when i saw the details on the deal.  It is an absolute steal.  Got him for pennies relatively.