League_Champion

Washington Redskins name change: 'Warriors' leading contender

4 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Dallas Reverse Cow Girl

Also lol... Cow girl as one word is banned here... Dmd lol

Dattass Cow girls?  Aw yeah!

Posted (edited)

Supposedly some big, damaging news story is going to come out of Washington today unrelated to the name change. Usually I'd say something like this is just overdramatization, but there seems to be a lot of unusual things happening. 

https://nypost.com/2020/07/15/a-washington-bombshell-is-coming-and-its-not-about-redskins/

https://wjla.com/sports/washington-redskins/something-fishy-team-formerly-known-as-the-redskins

Edited by rajncajn

Honestly,  my mind goes to sexual misconduct,  or race relations seems to be the (rightfully) two biggest issues of the day

50 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

Honestly,  my mind goes to sexual misconduct,  or race relations seems to be the (rightfully) two biggest issues of the day

Reading some of what rumors are already out there,  it sounds like all of the above.  Hate it for the fans. I know they hate Snyder and would like to see him go, but they don't deserve this. 

23 hours ago, LordOpie said:

Cowboys need to change their name cause they killed redskins.

And Chicago too Because Bears eat beets.

This could be interesting.

Toxic culture at Redskins that is going to apparently revive the "me too" thing.

Front office and team personnel f***ing media members in exchange for scoops and leaks. Protecting leadership, coaches, players from getting in trouble with their wives, etc and then using that information for blackmail, leaks and to keep people obedient (Gruden, Allen, McLovin).

what's to understand? the team made multiple women sign NDA's and paid them off after he sexually harassed or assaulted them. This isn't news if you've been remotely paying attention to the team. Its the entire front office culture there and has been for over a decade.

Now I'm reading allegations of referee payoffs and game fixing,  not just involving Washington.

Yep,  this could well end up being a deal breaker for a lot of fans who were already on the verge of walking away from the NFL.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nestsports1933/status/1283823192457584641?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1283823192457584641|twgr^&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html1283823192457584641

I've been on record here a time or two stating I thought the league was rigged.  Now here we are. :sad:

1 minute ago, CowboysDiehard said:

I've been on record here a time or two stating I thought the league was rigged.  Now here we are. :sad:

No sense of consistency with punishments etc.  I remember the deflate gate stuff and they made Brady look like a "cheater", which I guess he was, but then Rodgers admitted to over inflating the balls and it was about as ignored as Jeffery Epstein killing himself. (Of course we all know he didn't)

• Thanks 1

If Snyder , and other owners , legitimately paid NFL officials to fix games , this will be one of the most enormous scandals the NFL has ever seen. It will rock the sports world #pleasedontbejerry

How could Snyder pay refs and have such a crappy team and record?

3 minutes ago, DMD said:

How could Snyder pay refs and have such a crappy team and record?

You ever hear of "gambling"?

Well boys, I just called and cancelled the Sunday Ticket.  They also gave me 60 bucks a month off my bill for 12 months on top of that.   Off to the range on sundays this fall! :guns:

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, millworkguy said:

Wonder how vegas will respond to the match fixing 

They'll suffer, no doubt, but they won't lose money over time.  As always.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, CowboysDiehard said:

They'll suffer, no doubt, but they won't lose money over time.  As always.

Will they take bets this fall? Will vegas have the type of reception they where anticipating, with the new team, and can fans launch a class action suit over paying to see fixed games.  

Nfl needs to take charge asap, and get their house in order.  This could cause some real loss of $ to the brand and effect revenue streams for years (on top of covid)

Boxing has a rule for officials, if you can prove your being bribed for a match, they will pay you double the bribe, working the match.

Edited by millworkguy

Just now, millworkguy said:

Boxing has a rule for officials, if you can prove your being bribed for a match, they will pay you double the bribe.   

Dayum....where do I sign up for that? :brow:

...oh...you mean NOT the Ref gets paid double.   Nevermind.

A bit of anecdotal evidence, by the way.  The DTV agent said 'lots of folks are dropping Sunday Ticket'.  

Just now, CowboysDiehard said:

...oh...you mean NOT the Ref gets paid double.   Nevermind.

Yes, The refs get paid double the bribe to work the match.

1 minute ago, millworkguy said:

Yes, The refs get paid double the bribe to work the match.

Oh...count me in again!

2 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Now I'm reading allegations of referee payoffs and game fixing,  not just involving Washington.

Yep,  this could well end up being a deal breaker for a lot of fans who were already on the verge of walking away from the NFL.

https://mobile.twitter.com/nestsports1933/status/1283823192457584641?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1283823192457584641|twgr^&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2F2%2Ftwitter.min.html1283823192457584641

Wow, those are some serious allegations. You hit it on the head. Many fans have one foot out the door already. If they miss a full season due to Corona and it's confirmed that they fixed games, goodnight NFL. 

3 hours ago, rajncajn said:

Oh wow, that is going to be bad if even a fraction of that is true.  Yowzers.  I will wait for the full deets which is going to be a long time, but this is going to get ugly.  Paying off refs is not going to be a good look.  The sexual stuff is bad personally for those guys but generally not a threat to the entire league, betting etc.  But the payoffs are more systemically threatening for the NFL and the massive gambling industry that relies on it.