Sign in to follow this  
League_Champion

NFL agrees to cancel 2020 preseason

They say now it was actually 59 players that tested positive not 95.

• The NFLPA has corrected the number of "known positive" COVID-19 cases amongst the union from 95 to 59. 

Whoops. NFL Network's James Palmer reports the initial number included all known positives across the league. The new one reflects only players. That is still roughly two percent of the NFLPA's membership, but it's not quite as frightening of a number, especially since that is presumably total cases since March and not current positives. The first few weeks of training camp are going to be a fraught time. 

Jul 21, 2020, 8:21 PM ET

•  

Also the 59 positive tests include guys like Von Miller and Zeke these tests span the last 4 months and not the number currently positive.

Kind of stupid to me they would threw this number out now to us.  Here is what we want to know.........how many are currently positive ?  Tell us that not who has been in the last 4 months though we would like a list of names just in case you are less likely to get it again (if that would be the case but no one really seems to know).

• Like 1

The NBA and MLB are leading the way on what to expect, except in football there are so many more players (and support staff) in play. This whole thing could go a million different ways, but I'm not sure many of them are good. Hopefully the NFL learns from other sports trying to open.

Not having any preseason games is going to make valuing players really hard, particularly rookies. On the plus side, no super hype because a guy has one big preseason game in the fourth quarter against scrubs.

You would this think this gives the advantage to the people who have been drafting since April over the people that will start drafting for the first time in August.

In my years of playing high stakes there is a noticeable trend when I start doing my drafts.  This year I started in April because RTS decided to do the absurd thing of having them start on March 21st which they have never done before for the big contest where you now can win $300K.  Every year they have started earlier and earlier because they want to make more money.  When I won this league in their first year having it in 2014 I didn't do my first RTS draft until Aug 17th and my championship winning draft wasn't until just before the season on Aug 29th.  Their first drafts that year I think were available in late June.

What I was saying was when I draft now it is the same faces every draft it seems about half the league are guys that have done 100's of drafts.

There they are 6-8 of the same guys every night drafting in March and April and even now.  So I hate that I want to draft with different people.

Then when we hit August especially late August I hardly ever see those same people and you see tons of new people drafting.  So I have done 25 so far and I am waiting until I hear more about the opt out and will start again heavy in August hopefully with new people.

Who cares at this point.  I hope the NFL gives it a run and suffers the manurety ratings they deserve. 

On 7/25/2020 at 9:42 PM, CowboysDiehard said:

Who cares at this point.  I hope the NFL gives it a run and suffers the manurety ratings they deserve. 

The ratings will be fine, even with the departure of some fans angry over changes.