[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty/BOTH leagues - what are your plans?

flemingd

I've been biding my time on addressing this in my leagues, but it's getting down to approaching crunch time.  Personally I don't believe they'll play a down of football this year but we need to prepare for if they do.  I commish a bunch of these and I know a ton of us are in multiples too.  Not that we can establish each league's rules here, but we can at least get consensus type discussion going without a dozen different threads in each league's forum (some of which may be password protected).

So, BOTH league commish/leaders/members, what are your thoughts for 2020?  There are a lot of micro-topics to consider:

Payouts

Full season?

Partial season?

Late start?

Early end?

2021 draft order?

Contracts for those with year caps?

What about players that opt out?

IR/reserve/replacement players?

If a player is temporarily placed on COVID Reserve?

If a player opts out?

What else?

• Like 1

Here is an out of the box idea.  You can designate a covid replacement player at each position for players who play after the 1 PM ET start times.  So if your players are starting at 4 PM, 8 PM or Monday night and they are inactive for any reason (because we can't know for sure if they will always announce it was for covid or not) then the covid replacement player is put in their place in the lineup.

So say you own Mahomes and Jared Goff and Mahomes plays on Monday night.  If Goff plays at 4 PM Sunday you have to announce by 4 PM Sunday that Goff is your covid replacement QB.  If Mahomes is active he plays for you if inactive Goff is your QB that week.

Not sure anyone will like that idea but it would be one way to stop teams for being crushed for late Sunday and Monday night surprise inactives.  With Contract leagues you will not be able to get off waivers and if you have a guy on Monday or Sunday 8 PM your likely not able to have a replacement.

You could tighten this window down to just Sunday and Monday night games so it only be 4 teams you would have to cover.  

Edited by Henry Muto
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

I like it. Maybe just dynasty best ball for this year?

The problem with best ball is those with deeper rosters gain advantage over those who have better starters but no bench.

Some of us play in 16 team leagues with only 1 QB on our roster or limited RB, WR or TE.  That is where it be an issue but it sure make things easier no lineups.

People would have to change their rosters to get 2nd kickers and other stuff to compete better.  

• Thanks 1

On 7/30/2020 at 11:16 AM, flemingd said:

I've been biding my time on addressing this in my leagues, but it's getting down to approaching crunch time.  Personally I don't believe they'll play a down of football this year but we need to prepare for if they do.  I commish a bunch of these and I know a ton of us are in multiples too.  Not that we can establish each league's rules here, but we can at least get consensus type discussion going without a dozen different threads in each league's forum (some of which may be password protected).

So, BOTH league commish/leaders/members, what are your thoughts for 2020?  There are a lot of micro-topics to consider:

Payouts

Full season?

Partial season?

Late start?

Early end?

2021 draft order?

Contracts for those with year caps?

What about players that opt out?

IR/reserve/replacement players?

If a player is temporarily placed on COVID Reserve?

If a player opts out?

What else?

I run 3 Keeper leagues that have been going for 18 years.  I've decided that each league will draft and then locked into hibernation for the season.  

Many of us plan to do some weekly contests (much more feasible this year) with mini drafts during the week.  I've just begun looking for a platform that would be convenient and hoefully free or cheap. We prefer drafts over salary caps.  

Here is what I saw on a different site. It's been tweaked to my league rules. I believe it is a spinoff from MFL rules of having leagues not paying for site fees if 7 or fewer games are played.

If fewer than 7 games are played this season, there will be no payouts. All funds will roll into 2021. 

If 7-13 games played, division winners and weekly high scores will be paid out. Rest  of funds will roll into 2021. 2021 League fees will be

reduced to only replenish funds paid out.

If 14-15 games played, all eliminated teams will be paid out  per placing, all remaining teams (advancing playoff teams) will split the rest of

the pot in their respective playoff brackets. 

If less than 14 games played, players on rosters will not earn a year of service as far as keeper status is concerned. Commissioner stipend and MFL fees

will not  be deducted from any league fees for  the year.

Edited by MikesVikes