[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Proposed Rule Change - IR player activation

Gizmo

proposed amendment to rule:

5.3: Injured Reserve: Each team will have two (2) injured reserve slots. strike verbiage: Once a player is designated IR by a team, he will not be able to return to active duty for the duration of the current season. insert verbiage: (A dynasty owner is required to reactivate or drop any player an owner has placed on a dynasty IR list.  If that NFL player has been reactivated by that players NFL team, subsequently being removed from the NFL's official IR list NOTE: A Subsequent roster move may be required so that the maximum roster limit is not exceeded as oulined in rule 5.1)An IR player may be released, however his IR designation stays with him insert verbiage: (if he is still on the NFL's official IR list) whether he is acquired by another team through free agency or trade. The new team must make room for the IR player on that team’s IR squad insert verbiage: (or active roster). Each owner also has the option of waiving the injured player outright (before sending him to IR), thereby sending him to the free agent pool, or simply riding out the injury. A player must be listed as strike verbiage: “out for season” insert verbiage: “injured reserved (IR) in the NFL Injury Report before he may be placed on IR. (In other words, this is a true IR squad and may not be used to simply hold on to players you don’t wish to play who are not injured.) There are exceptions to this rule. In some cases, a player may not be designated "out for season" but is effectively out for the fantasy season. Cases like this will be handled on an individual basis and will be decided by the commissionership.

I would also propose dynasty owners have 3 days from the day the player is activated by the NFL to activate the player to their roster.  If that player is not activated to the owners active roster within 3 days said player will be released from their dynasty team and sent to the free agency pool. Contract rules for for a team owner releasing any player(s) shall apply. 

This is open for discussion & changes, opinions are welcome!

If you don't have any edits to the above changes please vote "for" or "against" the proposed rule change.

• Gizmo pinned this topic

if this rule change were to get approved, I believe the "activation period" should be set at one week from the time they are removed from real world IR. I just feel like 3 days is too short a time, I dont think owners would be aware soon enough within 3 days. I feel like players coming on and off real world IR, there needs to be a notification to the owner that a player needs to be removed from IR, otherwise you could just end up not realizing they were removed in real life but still listed as IR in this league.

• Like 1

that's a fair assessment Sam, maybe 3 days is a bit short and something like 7-10 days is a more fair time frame (time frame to be up to a majority vote by team owners).  I think the point is there though.  That the player will not be allowed to remain on an owners IR squad for an indefinite amount of time, and if they are left on the IR squad beyond a set time period that an action will be taken to remove that player.

• Like 1

I agree as long as that is the maximum amount of time to activate or drop a player. If an owner wants to activate or drop as soon as the player comes off the NFL IR list, it should be an option. So from 0-7 days. I just want to make sure this is a range of days and not one "hard date" to act on.  (I do see that is says "within 3 days {soon to change to 7 or 10 days} and want to make sure that is preserved). I personally think 7 days is adequate.

Would this also be the time a place to add in a "COVID" designated-pseudo-IR slot for 2020-2021?

Thanks Gizmo!

Yeah the hard date thing wouldn’t make sense. I believe the intention is to have a set amount of days to make a decision and once that timeframe has passed said player would be an available FA. 

I would agree on making a roster decision within 7 days from the time it was made official. Gives enough time for an owner to be aware of player of no longer being in IR and to make a roster adjustment if necessary.

I think a week is applicable - most injury reports and player updates come mid week, so everyone should be able to make a change by the following week. 

I don't think I would go with making that player a FA; I would go with a penalty (2-3 credits) for every week that goes by that an owner leaves someone on an IR slot.  When an owner chooses to place someone on IR, they understand the new terms and should be managing their team accordingly.  I could see a scenario or two that you may want to keep a different player for an extra week to cover a bye or another injury for an extra week.  After too long, it becomes fairly costly.

I agree w/ a 7 day grace period.

I also like the fine concept, for exactly the same reason Sam mentioned, this will be self policing and league policing, The commissioners should not solely be responsible for knowing when all players come off the NFL IR list.

If anyone notices a player left on the IR they should notify the commissioners and they will notify that owner that they need to activate the player or be fined.

• Gizmo unpinned this topic