Thoughts with today's addition of Lamar Miller?

could be depth due to players testing positive for COVID.

Posted (edited)

As of this post no Patriots players have tested positive for COVID.  With Brandon Bolden opting out Miller may be depth signing as XFlash stated. In addition, WEEI stated Sony Michal (sp) may not be ready the start of the season.  If there is one.     

Edited by Busby

On 8/10/2020 at 4:50 PM, millworkguy said:

Yup, continue to avoid them all.

Except that white appears to be a solid play if Michel is on pup and Miller recovering so he's just depth.  And Bolden out.

White could be a great bargin, no?

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, LordOpie said:

Except that white appears to be a solid play if Michel is on pup and Miller recovering so he's just depth.  And Bolden out.

White could be a great bargin, no?

He could be,  depending on what round you find him still sitting around.   I certainly wouldn't reach for him as you have no idea how long or what role Michel would have upon his return 

Edited by millworkguy
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, millworkguy said:

He could be,  depending on what round you find him still sitting around.   I certainly wouldn't reach for him as you have no idea how long or what role Michel would have upon his return 

James White went 7th round in that Huddle Expert 12-team draft they just posted that is full PPR and you start 3 WR + 1 FLEX. In that format, 7th round for him sounds mighty rich to me. 

Would be interested in other opinions.

Posted (edited)
On 8/12/2020 at 4:20 PM, stethant said:

James White went 7th round in that Huddle Expert 12-team draft they just posted that is full PPR and you start 3 WR + 1 FLEX. In that format, 7th round for him sounds mighty rich to me. 

Would be interested in other opinions.

7th round is generally tail end RB3/high end RB4 territory and White was a RB2 in PPR last year.  The hope is that NE continues to utilize his pass catching ability on check downs, which isn't far fetched with a new QB.  Read on another site that White averaged 19+ PPG in losses compared to 11 PPG in wins last year.  NE should be poised to play a lot of catch up this year  which should increase his utilization.  

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

7th round is generally is tail end RB3/high end RB4 territory and White was a RB2 in PPR last year.  The hope is that NE continues to utilize his pass catching ability on check downs, which isn't far fetched with a new QB.  Read on another site that White averaged 19+ PPG in losses compared to 11 PPG in wins last year.  NE should be poised to play a lot of catch up this year  which should increase his utilization.  

I agree with Bobby. I don't like any of their RBs but James White seems safest.  A questionable offense, Cam can check down, especially when learning the offense. JW should be a easy relief valve and I think he's better than a lot of people give him credit for. I would consider taking him in the 7th. 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, purplemonster said:

I agree with Bobby. I don't like any of their RBs but James White seems safest.  A questionable offense, Cam can check down, especially when learning the offense. JW should be a easy relief valve and I think he's better than a lot of people give him credit for. I would consider taking him in the 7th. 

White certainly isn't a lock to perform at a RB2/RB3 level, even in PPR, but I feel okay about it.    The majority of RBs at rounds 3 through 5 seemingly have a higher risk of land mining their draft position price. 

Edited by Bobby Brown

FWIW, Damien Harris is having a good camp and it clouds the NE RB dilemma even more.  Harris is also getting a buzz in his pass catching abilities.  I will never pretend to know how to decipher the NE backfield.  As of now,  I'd rather spend 11th or 12th round draft capital on Harris instead of a 7th round pick on White. 

Not sure anyone has a clue on what is going on with Sony Michel. 

12 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

FWIW, Damien Harris is having a good camp and it clouds the NE RB dilemma even more.  Harris is also getting a buzz in his pass catching abilities.  I will never pretend to know how to decipher the NE backfield.  As of now,  I'd rather spend 11th or 12th round draft capital on Harris instead of a 7th round pick on White. 

Not sure anyone has a clue on what is going on with Sony Michel. 

You couldn't pay me to draft Sony Michel. He's basically there to siphon carries from the other running backs. I don't know either and even on a good predicting New England running backs is hard. I'll just probably avoid all of them unless Harris or James White is coming really cheap