LordOpie

Odds of Ertz holdout?

I seriously doubt it but if you have Ertz you need to have Goedert on standby. Pick up Goedert just in case and keep him till at least the bye week when you'll need another TE. 

Ertz doesn’t have any leverage for a holdout. He’s signed through 2021 and will be 30yrs old. He should have taken the deal they offered him in November. That being said, he’s still a rock solid top 5 TE across the board. 

3 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Ertz doesn’t have any leverage for a holdout. He’s signed through 2021 and will be 30yrs old. He should have taken the deal they offered him in November. That being said, he’s still a rock solid top 5 TE across the board. 

Totally agree 

8 minutes ago, tazinib1 said:

Hold out is his only leverage. He can claim insult due to the contract being worse than the November version.

Because of his age, now is the window to hold. Not saying he should just that i see the possibility.

30 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I seriously doubt it but if you have Ertz you need to have Goedert on standby. Pick up Goedert just in case and keep him till at least the bye week when you'll need another TE. 

Why do you doubt it

1 hour ago, LordOpie said:

Why do you doubt it

He really doesn't have all that much leverage. Especially with Goedert behind him. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

His timing is definitely not good. 2 years left, on the relative backend of a career and he's never been much of a YAC guy anyway, with possibly the league's best backup behind him.  

Agree 💯. I thought Ertz should have been traded in the off-season. Goedert is an absolute beast 

Edited by League_Champion

On 9/3/2020 at 7:46 PM, League_Champion said:

He really doesn't have all that much leverage. Especially with Goedert behind him. 

exactly I feel goedert might out perform ertz like last year....eagles don't care now that they have goedert....definitely handcuff those two if you picked ertz