[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why no love for Bridgewater?

1fastdoc

What am I missing? He's starting for Carolina yet he's ranked so low and most sites are in agreement. My trade history has been poor (gave away Thomas, Drake, Fournette) so I'm leary about trading away Teddy and watching him excel. 

Probaably because a QB is judged upon passing TDs:

2014 - 14 TDs

2015 - 14 TDs

2016 - nil

2017 - nil

2018 - 1 TD

2019 - 9 TDs

Maybe he blows his career high out of the water and gets to 20-22 TDs. That's still terrible compared to his peers.

We'll see if watching Brees helped him become a better than mediocre passer. It could happen.

6 minutes ago, Riffraff said:

Probaably because a QB is judged upon passing TDs:

AND passing yards, and rushing. He's never excelled in any of the traditional fantasy stats. He's a solid game manager and should be starting in the NFL, but nothing special in fantasy.

I drafted him as my QB2 in a superflex league.  I think his floor is SUPER high.  I don't think he'll get any less than 240-250 yards a game with 1 TD.  There will be games he'll up the yardage to 275-300 and have a few games where he tosses 2 TDs.  Perfect backup in fantasy since the floor appears high.  He has some weapons and playing in the NFC-S will help his stats a bit.

1 hour ago, darin3 said:

I drafted him as my QB2 in a superflex league.  I think his floor is SUPER high.  I don't think he'll get any less than 240-250 yards a game with 1 TD.  There will be games he'll up the yardage to 275-300 and have a few games where he tosses 2 TDs.  Perfect backup in fantasy since the floor appears high.  He has some weapons and playing in the NFC-S will help his stats a bit.

I don't play 2-qb leagues but he sounds like a very good QB 2 to me. I agree his floor is going to be high and that defense is going to be terrible so he's going to have to throw it whether he wants to or not.

49 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I don't play 2-qb leagues but he sounds like a very good QB 2 to me. I agree his floor is going to be high and that defense is going to be terrible so he's going to have to throw it whether he wants to or not.

This is my first year doing superflex (it's awesome, btw) and Bridgewater was a QB that I was targeting from the get-go because I knew I could get him way late and his floor would be pretty high.  Good call about the defense.  Their DL is going to be good eventually but without Kuechly they are going to struggle.  Bridgewater COULD be in some shootouts, especially in division games.