[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HOUSTON @ KANSAS CITY GAME THREAD

boltnlava

41 minutes ago, Run CMC said:

I guess your right they technically no one said don’t draft him they said to wait on a quarterback instead of drafting Mahomes or Lamar. “They” are the fantasy so called experts on yahoo.

The words experts and yahoo dont belong in the same sentence 

10 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I didnt have the sound on but seemd like a lame PI on Roby unless I missed something.  That's a 7 pt swing

Chris Collingsworth calling "he spun him around" and the slo-mo shows no pulling or spin only CB hands on his hip.

2 very bad and noticeable calls.  Hopefully not what is to come the rest of the season.

5 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

CEH looks good.  But for an early pick in PPR I'd like a guy who is involved in the passing game.  He was certainly used as a goal line RB, but not effectively.  

Andy Reid likes bell cows, he'll get his receptions.

2 hours ago, Shaft said:

Andy Reid likes bell cows, he'll get his receptions.

Here is my contrian point explained further as I have a draft left this weekend with a pick at 1.7.  I think CEH will be gone by then. 

CEH had everything going for him tonight and was great.  But he was still outscored by David Johnson,  by 0.1 points in PPR,  who was not scripted a great game.  DJ had 6+ plus worth of points in the passing game.  

I anticipate CEH having positive game scripts and would consider him in mid first round.  I still wouldn't consider David Johnson until late 2nd or early 3rd.  

However, I have limited faith that CEH is going to be utilized heavily in the passing game.  Almost everything was underneath to mid range for Mahomes tonight. And CEH  had 2 total targets, both looked like throw aways.

And after CEH's extensive use inside the 3; I have lesser faith he'll be used as a goal line back going forward.  

The obvious counterpoint is that CEH looks to be a bellcow in an elite offense.  And may catch 8 passes next week.  And I'm overthinking a guy who won't fall to me at 1.7 on Saturday anyway.

Edited by Bobby Brown
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Bobby Brown said:

Here is my contrian point explained further as I have a draft left this weekend with a pick at 1.7.  I think CEH will be gone by then. 

CEH had everything going for him tonight and was great.  But he was still outscored by David Johnson,  by 0.1 points in PPR,  who was not scripted a great game.  DJ had 6+ plus worth of points in the passing game.  

I anticipate CEH having positive game scripts and would consider him in mid first round.  I still wouldn't consider David Johnson until late 2nd or early 3rd.  

However, I have limited faith that CEH is going to be utilized heavily in the passing game.  Almost everything was underneath to mid range for Mahomes tonight. And CEH  had 2 total targets, both looked like throw aways.

And after CEH's extensive use inside the 3; I have lesser faith he'll be used as a goal line back going forward.  

The obvious counterpoint is that CEH looks to be a bellcow in an elite offense.  And may catch 8 passes next week.  And I'm overthinking a guy who won't fall to me at 1.7 on Saturday anyway.

Yeah I mean I wouldn't overthink it IMO. If he's there I am taking him at 7. I think he will get more passing work going forward too. But yes, the goal line I wouldn't imagine as much. 

4 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

I'm overthinking a guy who won't fall to me at 1.7 on Saturday anyway.

For once, I think someone is over thinking it, at least more than me. It was just his first game in the NFL with no preseason games under his belt and look what he did. When he became the primary back at LSU, he caught a lot of passes. Time will tell, but Andy Reid's reputation with RBs should speak for itself. Good luck and I'm curious at where he goes in drafts since people got a peak at what he could do.

• Like 1

HOU did pressure Mahomes a little bit, but I do not recall CEH having to pick up any blitzes or need to block.

KC going against better defenses will really seal the deal if CEH performs well with blocking and protecting the 1/2 $Billion dollar man.

5 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

CEH use inside the 3 was impacted with a sellout of Houston stopping the run.  They crashed hard and often times, were in the backfield as CEH had the ball.  Not going to do much as a RB when that happens.  JJ Watt made some great penetration in several of those plays.  

17 hours ago, purplemonster said:

First score goes to someone nobody owns ha 

Why isn't David Johnson owned by people? Must be an 8 team league or have short benches. David Johnson was drafted in our league long before the final rounds, and CBS shows he's rostered in 100% of leagues and was started by 90% of those who own him. Both seem rather high, but far from zero ownership. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, stevegrab said:

Why isn't David Johnson owned by people? Must be an 8 team league or have short benches. David Johnson was drafted in our league long before the final rounds, and CBS shows he's rostered in 100% of leagues and was started by 90% of those who own him. Both seem rather high, but far from zero ownership. 

No sorry, it was the score that got called back, I just didn't update it.  Demarcus Robinson had a TD and they called it back a few min later. Looked good at first 

Edited by purplemonster