[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Opening Week Talk

Shaft

I'm not trying to be antagonistic but I did think that pass interference was within reason. You didn't see a full aggressive push but it was enough to keep Ramsey off the ball and slow his momentum, and when he knew he was going to be out of reach he sold it well.  If they don't call it the Rams are going to cry foul.  Kind of a no win play. I do think that push affected the catch though, although they were both hand fighting prior to that 

Edited by purplemonster

2 minutes ago, purplemonster said:

I'm not trying to be antagonistic but I did think that pass interference was fine. You didn't see a full aggressive push but it was enough to keep Ramsey off the ball and slow his momentum, and when he knew he was going to be out of reach he sold it well.  If they don't call it the Rams are going to cry foul.  Kind of a no win play. I do think that push affected the catch though, although they were both hand fighting and jostling 

Offensive PI should be offensive to be called.  It looked worse in real time than it did on replay.  Ramsey earned some of his money selling it.

McCarthy also is not a good in game manager.  A FG would've tied it and a 4th and 3 is a long way from an easy  conversion with a ton of time left.

39 minutes ago, SEEDS said:

Gallup's (Giddyup's) play was not pass interference :o

Completely agree, terrible call and it changed the outcome of the game.  Ramsey was hand checking Gallup just the same and there was no clear push off to gain an advantage.  Ramsey just arched back when he knew he was beat to sell it.  Dallas is 1st and 10 at the 15 with a tie basically in the bag and the chance of a win dramatically increased. Sucks but moving on...

Edited by irish

2 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Offensive PI should be offensive to be called.  It looked worse in real time than it did on replay.  Ramsey earned some of his money selling it.

McCarthy also is not a good in game manager.  A FG would've tied it and a 4th and 3 is a long way from an easy  conversion with a ton of time left.

I hear you I think you kick that and get even.  I am sure they have stats guys working on that but you need exact field position, yards to go, etc.  It wasnt like they were completely backed up either, I think it was the 12 yard line or something, so not sure you get all those expected points from  leaving bad field position either.

Fwiw, the stats guys are calling it a wash https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/blog/dallas-cowboys/post/_/id/4772030/mike-mccarthys-decision-making-under-question-after-cowboys-loss%3fplatform=amp

"According to ESPN Stats & Information research, the win percentage had the Cowboys made the field goal attempt would have been 47.4%. Had they converted, the win percentage was 47.2%. So basically a wash. But also according to ESPN Stats & Info., McCarthy never went for it on fourth down when down by three in the fourth quarter and inside the opponents' 30. He kicked a field goal attempt six times, making five."

Edited by purplemonster

Same old Cowboys.....  another 8-8 or 7-9 season.  

Oh, and you can blame me....  I drafted both Thomas and Mack. Sorry.  Man my teams sucked this week.

Some of the highlights of 5 teams...

D.J. Moore

Cooper Kupp

Michael Thomas

Mark Ingram

Miles Sanders/Boston Scott

Courtland Sutton

Drew Brees

Devin Singletary

Cam Akers

Michael Gallup

But there is always next week.....