[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Week 2 Chat

Shaft

15 hours ago, Bobby Brown said:

Lol.  There were also some amazing throws and catches by both teams.  That was a great high scoring game that came down to the last play and we're still going to critique the level of play.

Fair enough, it was definitely a good game.  You have to understand my bias, my team is the Vikings, who look like they have never seen a football before.  But there are other games where the play looks overly sloppy to me.  Some of that you might expect the first few games, but having zero preseason undoubtedly has made it more difficult, and I would imagine the number of injuries has a correlation with this.  It is pretty hard to get game ready and in game shape without any games.  That said, I still think they should cut preseason to a few games.  4 is way too many for a 16 game season.  Get a couple in and let's roll next year.  

5 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Sheffter:

NFL fined three head coaches - - Denver’s Vic Fangio, Seattle’s Pete Carroll and SF’s Kyle Shanahan - $100,000 each for not wearing masks Sunday, and each of their teams another $250,000, sources told ESPN. So that’s $1.05 million dollars in fines for not wearing masks

Goodell padding his retirement

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

Sheffter:

NFL fined three head coaches - - Denver’s Vic Fangio, Seattle’s Pete Carroll and SF’s Kyle Shanahan - $100,000 each for not wearing masks Sunday, and each of their teams another $250,000, sources told ESPN. So that’s $1.05 million dollars in fines for not wearing masks

Add the Saints & Raiders to that list

40 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

I'm pretty sure that you can assault/beat another player with your helmet and get a lesser fine in the NFL. 

It depends. Myles fine was definitely too low, but when you calculate his suspension without pay, he lost over a million dollars.

48 minutes ago, League_Champion said:

My point is that a $100,000 fine for not wearing a mask is a bit ridiculous. Don't you think? I already know your answer, but go ahead. 

Nope. I have little sympathy for billion dollar organizations paying $100k fines that goes right back into their own pockets. The coaches aren't going to pay those fines, the team will pay and keep moving. 

6 hours ago, League_Champion said:

My point is that a $100,000 fine for not wearing a mask is a bit ridiculous. Don't you think? I already know your answer, but go ahead. 

Well, If they are using it as a deterrent to kept the league and schedule intact, I get it. A breakout with a 16 game schedule is more hurtful than baseball, basketball, and hockey, where there is more opportunity to make up games.

1 hour ago, Bier Meister said:

Well, If they are using it as a deterrent to kept the league and schedule intact, I get it. A breakout with a 16 game schedule is more hurtful than baseball, basketball, and hockey, where there is more opportunity to make up games.

Very well stated.