[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

+COVID test - game delay (very possible)

XFlash

• NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports the Titans had three players and five personnel test positive for COVID-19.

It's the first true breakout the league has faced, forcing the Titans and Vikings (Tennessee's Week 3 opponent) to suspend all in-person activities and continue working closely with the NFL, the NFLPA and infectious disease experts to ensure all protocols are met. There's also an above-average chance Sunday's Steelers-Titans game is postponed since Tennessee will be out of their own facilities until Saturday. One would imagine the league prepared for this scenario given the current times, but it's a situation to monitor nonetheless ahead of Week 4.

Sep 29, 2020, 10:17 AM ET

•  
  •  

Of COURSE it's those two teams, cuz I just traded for Derrick Henry and have Adam Thielen in the league where I've already lost Barkley, Sutton and Adams has been hurt too.  Oh, add in Carson.

I'm not enjoying fantasy football that much so far this season.  :(

Edited by darin3

If these are confirmed positives......yech.....plus we need an update on what's happening with the Falcons and their testing from last week - those positives, if there was transmission, should start popping Wed, Thur, and Friday of this week.

Hopefully they all dodge a bullet here.

45 minutes ago, XFlash said:

Hopefully the test results are false positives.

I do not think teams were still wearing the tracing bracelets once camp was over.

Not sure how they will track possible people exposed.

The ESPN article cited that league contact tracing identified 48 close contacts with the 8 people who tested positive. Safe to say there won't be a Titans - Steelers game this weekend, and fair to wonder if the Vikings - Texans will happen. 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30001007/tennessee-titans-close-facility-multiple-players-test-positive-covid-19

how would the NFL schedule later game date to make up the delay?

It's not as easy has basketball or baseball they have a lot of games in a season.

I would love to see what the NFL contingency plans are for this.  I'm sure they have something.

Maybe add another week at end of season since it will be likely this will happen to other teams.  Would have to push the Super Bowl date too.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora reports the league notified the Titans, Steelers, Vikings, and Texans that it may be forced to reschedule both contests for Week 4.

The league reportedly told the Steelers to proceed with game preparations against the Titans, which were forced to shut down its facilities until Saturday following eight new positive tests among the organization. Minnesota's facitilites, which provided 0 positive tests as of Tuesday afternoon, were also evacuated until further notice. The NFL is still discussing plans for postponement which include pushing both games to Monday/Tuesday night or rescheduling bye weeks to assist with games in Weeks 7 and 8. All ideas are on the table.

Sep 29, 2020, 11:50 AM ET

This is affecting all the guys in our league with the best records, so I'm all for delaying the games.  I have Thielen but he's got a low floor.  Time to grab waiver wire players before my opponents realize they're screwed.

Edited by 1fastdoc
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Shaft said:

The problem is what happens when its more than 4 teams? This can go south very fast.

There nfl can handle it as it comes. Maybe add another bye week. In the meantime they need to figure out how it happened. Before this the league was boasting about thousands of tests done and only one positive.

Hopefully they get lucky and its contained to the 9 titans, now if a minny player tests positive later this week, and they where on the field at the same time a titans player was, this will have far more implications.   Also have to wait the 5-7 days an see how many more titans test positive.  By the sounds of it, the 8 Monday positive tests have already been confirmed,  let's hope outside of the flight home, the players were somewhat isolated.