[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The New Skin

NSab

Bad with DSL @ work and even worse @ home with RCN Mega Modem ( very fast up load and download.) This is going to cut down on Huddling time. Please do something.

Bad with DSL @ work and even worse @ home with RCN Mega Modem ( very fast up load and download.) This is going to cut down on Huddling time. Please do something.

416573[/snapback]

Definitely slower than before, on a cable modem even.

Load speed is slightly better today than yesterday afternoon, but this skin is a HUGE downgrade...choosing to use only 50% of the screen for text display by going with the forced narrow frameset makes no sense...harder to navigate, VERY user un-friendly. Not at all fun to surf the boards right now, being able to view only 6-7 topics per page, and the text of maybe 1-2 responses once you drill into a thread.

The Board Help page alludes to the ability for users to choose a 'custom skin', if that ability is provided/allowed by the board Admins...one can only hope that The Huddle will enable that option, giving us a 'custom skin' choice that is really the pre-09/15 skin, with the wide frameset.

Overall...

:D

Edited by ts

This is definately not an upgrade , it has slowed down the Navigation of the board. To the powers that be, could you consider these fact while you are making changes. We are in season now, not a great time to do this. imo

Load speed is slightly better today than yesterday afternoon, but this skin is a HUGE downgrade...choosing to use only 50% of the screen for text display by going with the forced narrow frameset makes no sense...harder to navigate, VERY user un-friendly. Not at all fun to surf the boards right now, being able to view only 6-7 topics per page, and the text of maybe 1-2 responses once you drill into a thread.

The Board Help page alludes to the ability for users to choose a 'custom skin', if that ability is provided/allowed by the board Admins...one can only hope that The Huddle will enable that option, giving us a 'custom skin' choice that is really the pre-09/15 skin, with the wide frameset.

Overall... 

:D

417853[/snapback]

I know that everyone is doing their best to have all of this done quickly, however, I am afraid that I have to agree with ts..... the Huddle experience is not what it was a few days ago when it comes to viewability.

I know that everyone is doing their best to have all of this done quickly, however, I am afraid that I have to agree with ts..... the Huddle experience is not what it was a few days ago when it comes to viewability.

417922[/snapback]

Hopefully, the changes are not finished yet, & I'm bitchin' too soon...my fear however, is that this is a permanent change, since the message about the board update pinned by WW yesterday has been removed.

Let's hope this is a temporary problem that will be corrected shortly.

I agree that the reduced size of the board is a big drawback. It fill only 2/3 of my screen and I see these bright blue bars on either side. Very tough on the eyes. There also is little contrast between things now and it is almost all white with some red. There was confort with the old colors, kinda felt like home. I feel like someone remodel my house without asking me. Was there some major problem with the old format? Or is it just time to make a change?

I all for new as long as it is equal or better.

Thanks and I hope this feedback helps. I know people work hard, so I'm not just complaining, just letting you know my impressions.

Thanks for your patience. The load speed issue has been found and resolved.

The fixed width however will not change. If you choose to browse the Internet with oversized browser windows while running with high resolutions on your monitor then you will experience the boards with a lot of background showing. Please realize that if so you are in a very small minority of Internet users. The vast majority of our site users will not share your experience.

Thanks for your patience.  The load speed issue has been found and resolved.

The fixed width however will not change.  If you choose to browse the Internet with oversized browser windows while running with high resolutions on your monitor then you will experience the boards with a lot of background showing.  Please realize that if so you are in a very small minority of Internet users.  The vast majority of our site users will not share your experience.

422075[/snapback]

Not sure that I agree with that last bit about 'a very small minority' running at higher resolutions these days (curious as to your definition of a 'high resolution' ... even at 1024x768 the viewing area is troublesome as compared to the old board's full screen display format), & I really don't see what's gained by going with the fixed width. I guess the idea of offering one 'custom skin' that's really the old default board format is a non-starter.

Thanks for the update in any event.

Edited by ts

What I said was high res AND oversized browser windows. I happen to run at a higher res than you but choose to run with browser windows that better suit most sites (which typically design for the standard 800x600 res). I see about an inch of background while viewing these boards.

Design can never accommodate everyone while allowing the designer some control over presentation.

Thanks still a little slow for my taste but much better than before.

Actually this site now responds like an old dial up connection, especially when we are all on at the same time. I have a very fast modem connection, I have a gaming website with major flash and it is like lightning fast as compared to this new skin. You may want to talk to your designer about the speed issue. You always have hundreds of members on at the same time.

Edited by NSab
What I said was high res AND oversized browser windows.  I happen to run at a higher res than you but choose to run with browser windows that better suit most sites (which typically design for the standard 800x600 res).  I see about an inch of background while viewing these boards.

Design can never accommodate everyone while allowing the designer some control over presentation.

422279[/snapback]

Is standard actually 800x600? I rarely see anybody using that res on their pc. Mine's currenty at 1024x768 & I get about 1 1/2" of blue on both sides of my screen. I do like the new format, just wish it was a little wider is all.