[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Curtis Martin

Rovers

Huddler Pro

Member No.: 7,066

CuMar worked his butt off in the preseason, and according to him, he is in the best shape he's ever been in, ever. He is also, as mentioned, healthy for the first time in 2 years. In a very un-Martin-like way, he swore he would get over 1500 yards rushing this year. 2000 total. He wanted every snap in the preseason. There were alot of local newspaper stories about what he was doing in the off season, running some 200 steps on a cliff in CA, round trip 5 times without stopping. Then he would do some parachute running, and then a bungee cord running workout. He did this EVERY day. I've never seen him as outwardly motivated as he is now.

Whether or not this translates into a great season..... but he is attempting to become only the second RB in the NFL to gain 1500 at the age of 31. Only Peyton has done it before. He has looked very good.

As far as Jordan goes, it's no secret that the Jets shopped him all year, and continue to shop him. He came into camp overwieght and complaining, in the walk year of his contract. Jonathan Reese is being groomed to be the number 2. Martin still has two, maybe even three more years left on his contract. Jordan will only spell Martin, and I dont think Edwards wants Jordan to vulture TD's this year, if Martin is up to it. Jordan will NOT be a Jet next year. Look for the jets to go RB in the next draft.

I posted this on Sept 7.

:D So, how many non-believers still remain? A quick look at the numbers, after only 3 games.....

535 yards rush, 4.9yds/carry

94 yards recieiving, 5.5yds/rec.

629 yards total offense, 6 TD's, 5 rushing, one receiving TD, 1 fumble, no lost fumbles.

This in three games. He is exploding off the snap, and looks at least as good as I have ever seen him. I stick by my early predictions (posted in several other threads) of at least 1500 yards rushing, and 2000 yards total offense. With 6 TD's already, even 15 is not out of the question. Who knows, maybe more. If anyone trades him, you had better be getting a super stud, because Martin looks like a top 5 RB to me. Miami's rush D is not as bad as the numbers seem to indicate, and he got 110 yards on 24 carries, a TD and another 31 yards on 4 catches.

How many people think he wont average 100 yards a game and a TD a game from here on out? Sure, he'll have an off game here and there, a 75 yarder, but he will average about 100/game, at least. The down side is for those who took other Jets in thier drafts. If he keeps this up, Moss, Pennington and McCariens will disappoint. It's nice to be right once in a while! Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while! :D

I don't think current C. Martin owners could get a trade offer they perceive to be fair. People passed on him in the draft for a reason, and 3 weeks of good production probably won't change those people's minds enough to give you something equal to what his production has been to this point.... did that make sense?

Your best bet is to find another owner in the league who was also targeting him and try to trade him there... if you want to trade him.

I have him in two leagues and I'm not trading him. His production last year was much better with Pennington in the lineup, he is being used at the goalline, and he is healthy this year.... the only real negative is that his schedule isn't that good for RBs in terms of fantasy football, but he's a stud this year so that's not too big a factor for me.

I've got injury plagued owners begging me to tade him. No way. I watched him in both the Cincy and Miami games and he looks as good as new.

461019[/snapback]

I've been trying to get him. I offered Brian Westbrook to an Eagles fan and Villanova alumn in my league, but he wouldn't bite. Oh well.

yeah, i'd say trade him after another week or two.  pretty much every year of his career he's had a much better first half than second half.  sell high.

461014[/snapback]

That's about as bogus a comment as I've seen here.....

After 4 games in 2003- 197 rush yards

After 4 games in 2002- 98 rush yards

I'm sure your trade advice is as good as your player evaluations are. :D

I'll bump this again.... I offered a sig line bet, before the season started, D Davis or CuMar, who gets the most FF points. There were no takers. Avernus was hiding in the sand. Well, too late for a sig line bet, I suppose, but it is.... credible when someone admits they were wrong. Doesnt happen very often around here.

Maybe Azazello313 has some more words of wisdom? :D

I'll bump this again.... I offered a sig line bet, before the season started, D Davis or CuMar, who gets the most FF points. There were no takers. Avernus was hiding in the sand. Well, too late for a sig line bet, I suppose, but it is.... credible when someone admits they were wrong. Doesnt happen very often around here.

Maybe Azazello313 has some more words of wisdom?  :D

461710[/snapback]

I wasn't real big on DDavis actually...him and Rudi were in the same area...

I was big on TJ and QG...also Deuce

That's about as bogus a comment as I've seen here.....

After 4 games in 2003- 197 rush yards

After 4 games in 2002- 98 rush yards

I'm sure your trade advice is as good as your player evaluations are.  :D

461059[/snapback]

keep going back. 2001, no TDs his last 7 games. 99 and 2000 he faded bad down the stretch. i know because he killed me in the playoffs both of those years. that's when he was 27 or whatever, now he's 32. last year and the year before i think they realized something and he didn't get nearly as many carries the first half of the year. this year so far he's getting 25-30 carries a game. all i'm saying is, don't expect that to last. either they ease the load on him, or he wears down. right now his value is sky-high, and if i had him i'd be shopping him.

Edited by Azazello1313

keep going back.  2001, no TDs his last 7 games.  99 and 2000 he faded bad down the stretch.  i know because he killed me in the playoffs both of those years.  that's when he was 27 or whatever, now he's 32.  last year and the year before i think they realized something and he didn't get nearly as many carries the first half of the year.  this year so far he's getting 25-30 carries a game.  all i'm saying is, don't expect that to last.  either they ease the load on him, or he wears down.  right now his value is sky-high, and if i had him i'd be shopping him.

461975[/snapback]

basically...

he's had alot of miles on him

Avernus and I are working out a sig line bet!  :D  He is taking Jones, I got CuMar. Details to follow!  B)

461982[/snapback]

damm you for leaking the info to the reporters...

this is how trade talks end up leaking to the press... :D

• 2 months later...

I just thought I'd dig this old thread back up.... yea, it looks loke an "I told you so" post, but when it comes to homers, in my case, the Jets, homer info can be very useful stuff.

Martin's numbers after week 13:

Rushing: 1305* yards, 10 TD's, 4.6 yards per carry.

Recieving: 144 yards, 2 TD's

*Leads the NFL

When Pennington is not playing, Martin's numbers go down, but with Pennington back, and 4 games to play, Martin will finish with over 15 TD's easilly, and get close to the 2000 total yards plateau.

I also mentioned that S Moss and McCariens' owners would be disappointed this year, because Martin would be 75% of the offense.

So, not so much to say I told you so, but to make the point that homers can help alot (like Spain on the Titans, Captain Hook on Indy, etc) . Listening to homers on this board has helped me make the playoffs in all three leagues/tourney's I entered this year. :D So to the homers who know thier stuff, thanks!