[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Twins/Yanks

Outshined

Huge win for Santana and the Twins. :D

I have to say the Twins D stepped it up a notch. Santana was not his usual self and gave up a lot of hits, but he got quit a few double plays and did not give up a run. He kept the Yanks from hitting the long ball. Chalk one up for the underdogs!

Tommorow night: Radke vs Lieber on ESPN.

Ouch - that loss hurts - Yankees gained the momentum just like last year...Good game though. Back to Minny on Friday.

466963[/snapback]

Looks like Gardenhire left Nathan in just a little too long, but I guess the same could be said for Sturtze, but it only cost the Yanks one run. Tough call, I guess you have to take your chances somewhere, it's not like you have a lot to choose from in the 12th inning from your bullpen.

Good game. Good series.

Looks like Gardenhire left Nathan in just a little too long, but I guess the same could be said for Sturtze, but it only cost the Yanks one run. Tough call, I guess you have to take your chances somewhere, it's not like you have a lot to choose from in the 12th inning from your bullpen.

Good game. Good series.

467374[/snapback]

I agree with Gardy and his decision. Nathan was still throwing mid 90's and missed on the corners with a few pitches. This is playoff baseball at its best.

They interviewed Nathan today on Kfan.

Gardy asked him when he came to the dugout after the 11th and asked him how he was - he said I'm fine. Gardy told him if we don't score you're out. Thats why Crain was warming up. I liked Nathans chances over Crain or Ramero. Nathan said he'll be ready if called on Friday.

The game has been moved to 3pm - I think....

I don't know Outshined...Gardy doesn't like to let his starters throw more then 100 pitches...can't see how he would expect his closer to throw over 50. Although at the time I didn't have a problem with it. But you could see how tired he was when he intentionally walked the last batter. Scared the crap out of me...the 2nd and 3rd balls were *** near right over the plate. Sheffield could have easily swatted either one.

I hope the game isn't at 3 tomorrow...we tee off in a golf tournament at 1. :D

I don't know Outshined...Gardy doesn't like to let his starters throw more then 100 pitches...can't see how he would expect his closer to throw over 50. Although at the time I didn't have a problem with it. But you could see how tired he was when he intentionally walked the last batter. Scared the crap out of me...the 2nd and 3rd balls were *** near right over the plate. Sheffield could have easily swatted either one.

I hope the game isn't at 3 tomorrow...we tee off in a golf tournament at 1.  :D

468542[/snapback]

Thats what Nathan Said...PA asked him what Gardy said to him when he finished the 11th.

As a Yankees fan, I think they are fortunate the series is tied right now. I really like the way the Twins are playing. Good pitching, great defense, and manufacturing runs. Reminds me a lot of the late 90's Yankees.

I'm not as confident about the Yankees chances this year as I have been in years past. They have a bad combination of not so great pitching and an offense that seems to only score on the long ball. Any team with good pitching has a chance to beat the Yankees. But as long as they're still alive, they have to be the favorites in the AL.

Hopefully the rest of the Yanks/Twins series is as good as the first two games. I love watching great baseball!

Saturday's game is at 3pm. Friday is still primetime.

468670[/snapback]

Perfect...a half hour or so break between the end of the Gophs kicking Michigan and the start of the Twins beating the Yankees :D

Edited by BillyBalata

If this di(khead announcer mentions "astroturf" on emore time, I won't be able to watch this game because I'll put my boot through the TV. Hey, di(khead - news flash - every fielder always takes the angle to get to the ball at the closest position, it's a natural function of the eye/brain coordination you evidently don't have!

If this di(khead announcer mentions "astroturf" on emore time, I won't be able to watch this game because I'll put my boot through the TV.  Hey, di(khead - news flash - every fielder always takes the angle to get to the ball at the closest position, it's a natural function of the eye/brain coordination you evidently don't have!

472118[/snapback]

:D Looks like you'll be going to best buy tommorow :D

Hope the real Twinnies show up tomorrow, or it's all over for us.  :D

472751[/snapback]

I'm a Yankee fan, but you have to like the Twins chances at home with Santana on the mound. With him on 3 days' rest, I'm hoping that the Yanks can make him throw a lot of pitches and get him out of the game and into the Twin's bullpen by around the 6th inning. I'm also hoping Vazquez shows up...he was very good the first half, but absolutely atrocious the second half. I do believe that the kid has some heart though...I guess we'll find out today at 4:00.

This will be the third time in the last 11 days that the Yankees have faced Santana.

He's good but I don't think you can hold this bunch of Yankees down that often in a short period of time.

Should be a good game....Go Yankees!! :D

Big Yankees fan here, but agree with above. Santana will be tough, but shouldn't go more than 5-6 innings. We can take advantage of their bullpen.

Not as confident this year has years in past but tough to bet against NY. If they pull this out, CAN"T WAIT to get at those Red Sox.

Once again, those G'*** Sox are setting those poor fans up for disappointment.

GO YANKS.