[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any of you Red Sox fans

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pedro pitched pretty well. During innings 2-5 he was pretty dominant. I even caught the gun at 97 at one point.

The flip side is that Lieber was fantastic. He induced almost as many pop-ups as Nomar had in the playoffs last year, and that's no mean feat.

But...it's 2-0, not over. GO SOX!!!

Sigh.

Didn't we get Schilling specifically to help us in the playoffs?

And, where was the hitting last night?? I thought Gordon was going to give up the game tying run... but apparently, the Yankees are familiar with the concept of pulling a pitcher before he falls apart.

3 at Fenway with the bottom of the Yankees rotation. Let's see if we can take all 3.

Down 0-2, UH-OH!!! Who is your daddy??? I picked the Yankees in five and evryone talked crap to me. Maybe they were right. Maybe the Yankees are going to win in four!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Do you chowds respect Lieber now??? Arroyo in game three??? Biggest game of his live. I hope he craps his pants on the mound. If Brown pitches like he did in Minnesota the Yanks will be up 3-0, then what Boston??? Long live the curse!!!!

Edited by Only In America

Sox's are playing like they don't remember anything from Baseball 101.

490210[/snapback]

This really is one of the ugliest games I have seen in quite some time. Terrible pitching, terrible defense, mental miscues on both sides. I like the current score though (13-6 Yanks).

Did anyone just catch Chris Meyers's interview with Stephen King? Was that for real? Did I just hear him say that he just finished a book entitled, "The Girl who Loved Tom Gordon?"

I kid you not, unless I'm hallucinating, he just said that the book was originally done as an adult book, but is now being released as a children's pop-up book?!?!?!

Do you realize the implications of that at all? Holy crap, I think I just pissed myself!!! B) :eek: :D:D

Edited by Skrappy1

Boston will not win  as long as Steinbrenner is alive and I love watching every minute of it.They are done, the curse is for real, there is no way they will ever take out the Yanks, ever!

490359[/snapback]

It's funny, but everyone that I heard picked the Sox this year. All the local sports radio hosts (even Mike Francessa from Mike and the Mad Dog, who is a big Yankee fan), guys on TV, sportswriters, everyone.

As a Yankee fan, I thought it was conceivable, but I honestly felt the Yankees had better than a 50-50 chance this season and truly felt they would win, despite their questionable starting pitching.

Conversely, last year I really thought was the Red Sox year. The Yankees just couldn't consistently score runs and had no situational or clutch hitting. I thought the Sox were better going into the playoffs, during the playoffs, and right up until the end of game 7 of the ALCS...truthfully I still think the Sox were the better team last year. But once the Yankees won that game, I told my friend, if the Sox couldn't pull off the win this year, then they never will. I still feel that way.

Geez, an ass whoopin' of biblical proportions. I was hoping the Sox would stick it to the Yankees but no such luck.

My ode to Mark_RB (and as a Braves fan) I say "(the really bad word) the Yankees."

You know what I say?  Thank you Mark Wohlers.  B)

And oh yeah.....Jim Leyritz is a god. :D

490426[/snapback]

Yeah, you can throw 100mph heat and you throw that loser a slider. Braves would have gone up what.....3 games to 1?

I've never quite gotten over that! :D

I think that was in game 3. Yanks down 6-0 to Greg Maddux.

Would have been a 3-0 lead for the Bravos.

But its always better when the Good Guys win. Good for the Yankees. Now if they face the Cardinals, it's Good Guys vs Good Guys. Maybe, just for drama, Houston should win, so everyone can root against Clemens.

I think that was in game 3.  Yanks down 6-0 to Greg Maddux.

Would have been a 3-0 lead for the Bravos.

But its always better when the Good Guys win.  Good for the Yankees.  Now if they face the Cardinals, it's Good Guys vs Good Guys.  Maybe, just for drama, Houston should win, so everyone can root against Clemens.

491098[/snapback]

No, Soup is right...it was game 4. Cone beat Glavine in game 3.

So, does it end tonight? Any predictions?

The Yanks have historically hit Lowe pretty good I think. We'll just have to see if Duque's shoulder is right or not.

I predict Duque and the Yanks win....and Duque probably doesn't top 90 on the gun.