[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any of you Red Sox fans

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess I've been proven wrong already here in the first inning....just saw Hernandez hit 91 MPH. :D

492198[/snapback]

Good game so far. I am cautiously optomistic here. Right now its anyone's game.

Couple of thoughts here.

Joe Buck and McCarver must be biding their time for when Jim Kaat and Bobby Murcer retire. Apparently they need to be on the YES network.

Mlb.com finally gives the fans something. Free audio ..

Nothing beats this rivalry.. as much as it sucks right now, its still the best in sports

It is quite a rivalry... sometimes I really wonder why it is, though?

Whenever someone asks me "Don't both teams need to beat each other to be a rivalry?" I really have no answer. Sort of like the rivalry between the hammer and the nail.

I'm in New Jersey. My Dad wasn't a Yankee fan to pass down any Red Sox hatred. My rival was always the Mets. In the AL, it was whoever was the top team. In the 80's to the early 90's, while the Yanks struggled, all of the teams had their turn at the top. Baltimore, Toronto, Detroit, Boston. I was rooting for the Sox in 1986, I didn't want the Mets to win.

Why should I root against the Sox? What did they ever do to hurt the Yankees?

Good game so far. I am cautiously optomistic here. Right now its anyone's game.

Couple of thoughts here.

Joe Buck and McCarver must be biding their time for when Jim Kaat and Bobby Murcer retire. Apparently they need to be on the YES network.

Mlb.com finally gives the fans something. Free audio ..

Nothing beats this rivalry.. as much as it sucks right now, its still the best in sports

492275[/snapback]

Yeah, 3-2 now, really good game. Duque looks like his control left him that inning. Lowe has looked pretty sharp, but I think it should come down to a battle of the bullpens pretty soon.

I hope Murcer and Kaat stick around for a while....they're pretty good, I just can't stand listening to Susan Walydman though when she does her interviews and pre/post game comments, and I'm as big a Yankee fan as you'll find. She is the biggest kiss ass ever though, Michael Kay is also, but no one bothers me like Walydman. You should hear when she talks about Gary Sheffield, it's almost sickening.

It is quite a rivalry... sometimes I really wonder why it is, though?

Whenever someone asks me "Don't both teams need to beat each other to be a rivalry?"  I really have no answer.  Sort of like the rivalry between the hammer and the nail.

I'm in New Jersey.  My Dad wasn't a Yankee fan to pass down any Red Sox hatred.  My rival was always the Mets.  In the AL, it was whoever was the top team.  In the 80's to the early 90's, while the Yanks struggled, all of the teams had their turn at the top.  Baltimore, Toronto, Detroit, Boston.  I was rooting for the Sox in 1986, I didn't want the Mets to win.

Why should I root against the Sox?  What did they ever do to hurt the Yankees?

492331[/snapback]

Yeah, I agree . Dont let the Nashville hometown fool you - I moved here from CT about 6months ago. I grew up watching the Sox on Nesn, and completely hating the yankees. Most of my friends are either Sox fans or yankees fans.. and I am sure when this series is over.. that I will be bombed with calls/text msgs. Whether I want it or not. :D

This is just my oppinion here, but here is my breakdown of why its such a great rivalry. and why I ( at least) hate the yankees...

The Yankees have a great tradition behind them and alot of success over their history. This is great , but the bandwagoneers out number the dye hards by 1000 to 1. I think Hugh One said that best that when the bandwagon gets rolling .. is not a bandwagon. Its a freaking Subway car. There are some fans that are hopping on board the Sox Nation - but its nothing like what is caused when NY gets playoff bound.

Take for example my old office. Maybe 200 employees... during the regular season there were maybe 3 sox fans and 4 yankees fans that made their allegiances known before ' it counted'. When the ALCS came around, you would have thought that you worked for the Yankees themselves.

I have some good friends taht are hardcore yankees fans and they are good people. half of the time, I would get my father's season tickets and we would all go to the stadium to watch a game. Now I wouldnt go as far as pulling for the yankees , but anyone who cannot sit in a stadium and drink beer needs to work for McGreavy. Most of the time it turned into a full day event with post game trips to Stans and Billys ... and such.

Yeah, 3-2 now, really good game.  Duque looks like his control left him that inning.  Lowe has looked pretty sharp, but I think it should come down to a battle of the bullpens pretty soon.

I hope Murcer and Kaat stick around for a while....they're pretty good, I just can't stand listening to Susan Walydman though when she does her interviews and pre/post game comments, and I'm as big a Yankee fan as you'll find.  She is the biggest kiss ass ever though, Michael Kay is also, but no one bothers me like Walydman.  You should hear when she talks about Gary Sheffield, it's almost sickening.

492333[/snapback]

Yeah, 4-3 now. I am still cautiously optimistic here.

I dont watch enough of the yankees ( flipping to YES when the sox are on commercial is about all that I will do ) to comment about her. It does kind of piss me off when Buck is giving Kaat a run for his money on who is the bigger yankee fan though. Fox should know better ....

Someone needs to remind McCarver that he was a Met...

I can see why anyone would hate the Yankees... it's the other way around I'm never fully understood.

And Buck does the Cardinals during the season, doesn't he?  If the Yankees and Cards match up...

492382[/snapback]

:D

Umm, I dont know that answer at all. McCarver will continue to be a wanna-be yankee . Buck will probly join him ... then the Cards fans will hate him forever.

Thats my guess.

McCarver did do some Yankee games for a season I think, after the Mets fired him... for actually being critical of the team.

But I'm pretty sure Joe Buck does the Cardinals. I've got the MLB Extra Inning package, I'm pretty sure it's him.

I know his father Jack did the Cardinals. I think they've got him on the center field wall.

Wow, kind of surprised Foulke in this early....I mean I know there is no tommorrow for the Sox if they don't win, but with a 1 run deficit and 8 outs to go?  Francona makes some strange decisions IMO.

492396[/snapback]

Gotta stop them somehow. Apparently Timlin couldnt get it done. He does make some interesting decisions, but right now I dont know if I blame him. Gotta go all out or its the end of the road.

Cmon Foulkey

Could kind of feel that one coming.

Congratulations Elias....looks like your Sox live to fight another day.

492552[/snapback]

Thanks Skrappy. Its been 2 more drinks since my last post. Somewhere there is a therapist that has dollar signs in his/her eyes. :D

Great, great game.

Funny story here. You and LegFu ( being NYY dye hards will get a kick out of this)...

So a friend of mine (female) left me a vm before the game was over .. I guess at the end of the 8th. This is what follows.

" Hey its me... just calling to tell you rub it in because the yankees are the best.... blah, blah blah.... Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, MANNY RAMIREZ, and Jorge Posada took care of business ... and blah blah blah.. But I still love you"

I allmost crashed my car on the way home. Seriously....

Thanks Skrappy. Its been 2 more drinks since my last post. Somewhere there is a therapist that has dollar signs in his/her eyes.  :D

Great, great game.

Funny story here. You and LegFu ( being NYY dye hards will get a kick out of this)...

So a friend of mine (female) left me a vm before the game was over .. I guess at the end of the 8th. This is what follows.

" Hey its me... just calling to tell you rub it in because the yankees are the best.... blah, blah blah.... Derek Jeter, Alex Rodriguez, MANNY RAMIREZ, and Jorge Posada took care of business ... and blah blah blah.. But I still love you"

I allmost crashed my car on the way home. Seriously....

492568[/snapback]

That is funny. Ol' Manny didn't help us Yanks out too much tonight. I can tell you though, there are so many female Yankee fans around here, that I'm quite sure 98% of them are just bandwagon fans because it's the thing to do. The other 2% are probably just Jeter fans I think. I guess we shouldn't complain though, it's always nice to have more females around the ballpark, right? Should be interesting tommorrow night, Pedro vs. Moose.

That is funny.  Ol' Manny didn't help us Yanks out too much tonight.  I can tell you though, there are so many female Yankee fans around here, that I'm quite sure 98% of them are just bandwagon fans because it's the thing to do.  The other 2% are probably just Jeter fans I think.  I guess we shouldn't complain though, it's always nice to have more females around the ballpark, right?  Should be interesting tommorrow night, Pedro vs. Moose.

492574[/snapback]

Good point. one of the best things for going to the ballpark is admiring the scenery. Sure they may not know who Dan Pasqua/Spike Owen is - but who really cares. Buy em a drink and let them get as drunk as they want.

Wow, this one is going to be pivotal. Moose was nasty last game.