[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any of you Red Sox fans

Hugh 0ne

I actually thought Cairo made a great slide and was safe at home on that one.

I really like that kid, he seems to get some big hits and has a lot of fire in him.  Did you see the way you're boy Cabrera shouldered into him and knocked him down on the double play?  I know all about trying to break up the double play, but you have to admit that was a cheap shot.  Still, Cairo got the throw off, completed the double play....came up pumping his fist and didn't even look twice at Cabrera...then lead off the next inning with a shot double (Jeter bunted him over to 3rd and then ARod struck out which unfortunately helped strand him there)....but you got to love Cairo.

495056[/snapback]

That's funny, but I completely disagree with you.

Cabrera did an excellent job with his slide and knocking Cairo on his rear end. This attempt happens every time a runner slides into second on a double play ball. Usually, however, the player fielding at second gets out of the way and you never see a hit.

Cairo made no attempt to avoid the slide, and paid for it.

Now...here's where the major disagreement comes in. Cabrera, in my eyes, made every attempt to make sure his slide and the bump he gave would not be one that would intentionally injure Cairo. This is in direct contrast to several Yankee runners that I saw trying to spike Bellhorn and Cabrera with their cleats, as well as at least on Red Sox player I saw try to make a cleat spike on Jeter. I have never liked the cleat spike attempt, and view it as a play with intent to injure. What Cabrera did was not that, and anyone not seeing so is not looking objectively at the way the hit was delivered IMHO.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cabrera did an excellent job with his slide and knocking Cairo on his rear end. This attempt happens every time a runner slides into second on a double play ball. Usually, however, the player fielding at second gets out of the way and you never see a hit.

I have to disagree here....and I'd say I watch at least 80 baseball games a year including the postseason. Runners try to slide into the second baseman on a double play all the time to break it up (and they should), but rarely do they come up after the slide and throw their shoulder into the second baseman, especially after he has already released the throw to first. It wasn't the slide I had a problem with, it was after he came back up.

Now, if you want to talk uneccessary or dirty, why don't we discuss why your boy Pedro has to pout and throw at guys evertime the previous batter gets a big hit (ala ARod last night after Jeter's 3 run double, ala Karim Garcia during last year's ALCS, ala Jeter and Soriano back to back in the regular season last year, I could go on). I respect him as a pitcher, but he is truly a classless individual. I can only hope the rumors about him signing with the Yankees after this season are just that....rumors.

What Cabrera did was not that, and anyone not seeing so is not looking objectively at the way the hit was delivered IMHO.
If you say so, but I think I'm as fair and objective an individual as you're likely to find. :D Edited by Skrappy1

I have to disagree here....and I'd say I watch at least 80 baseball games a year including the postseason.  Runners try to slide into the second baseman on a double play all the time to break it up (and they should), but rarely do they come up after the slide and throw their shoulder into the second baseman, especially after he has already released the throw to first.  It wasn't the slide I had a problem with, it was after he came back up.

If that's what you want to believe. I also watch in the vicinity of 80 games a year, and it is very rare that the player at second is still there to get hit, which is why they generally don't. This was a rare exception.

Now, if you want to talk uneccessary or dirty, why don't we discuss why your boy Pedro has to pout and throw at guys evertime the previous batter gets a big hit (ala ARod last night after Jeter's 3 run double, ala Karim Garcia during last year's ALCS, ala Jeter and Soriano back to back in the regular season last year, I could go on).  I respect him as a pitcher, but he is truly a classless individual.  I can only hope the rumors about him signing with the Yankees after this season are just that....rumors.

If you say so, but I think I'm as fair and objective an individual as you're likely to find.  :D

495686[/snapback]

Pedro will throw at guys, and I do not like it. I was not calling the yankees specifically dirty with their slides, though...like I said the Red Sox did it as well. My point was that Cabrera did not try and spike Cairo. If he did, Cairo's season might just be finished.

I wouldn't call Pedro classless. But I would call him immature at times.

Actually I lived in Fairfield County CT. Its the NY side of CT and a good bit of people who live in Fairfield county are New Yorkers who got sick of the city and commute back and forth everyday. Lets just call it the mecca of yankees bandwagon-dom.

495247[/snapback]

I can vouch for that. I'm from the Hartford area, where 80% of the people are Sox fans, 15% Yankee fans, and then the weirdo Mets fans make up the rest.

Down toward New Haven, it's more like 80% Yanks, 15% Sox.

Anywhere further west than New Haven on the Coast (Bridgeport, Stamford, Fairfield, Greenwich)... they are actually New Yorkers in most peoples minds. Yankee fans galore. And they talk funny. And they smell. And they can't frigging drive so I-95 is a constant clusterOprah.

... but I digress.

OK, I'm here...

I was away all weekend and at the game last night so I missed this whole thread. Didn't want anyone to think I was jumping off after the early losses.

Of course, now that I'm here I have nothing to add a la Atomic hehe. :D

Can't believe I missed the chance to wager with HUGH! Maybe if it goes to 7th game we can go winner take all for something. I know you're already locked up with Caveman but I'm sure we can work something out...maybe we play for an extra win in PnH II?? :D

AROD is a cheating bum who got caught and should have sat right back down...he knows the *** rules..

loser...

cheating loser...

baby...

497842[/snapback]

OK, and Alexgaddis is a huddler from Minnesota who has a secret love affair with ARod.

Next. :D

Hmmm.....I think it's been fairly easy to distinguish who the true fans in here are during the course of this series.

The guys popping in and taking pot-shots every time a break goes against or for their supposed team, or feeling the need to call players' heart (and even their sexuality) into question....they are not the true fans.

The true fans are the guys who have been on the edge of their seats throughout the course of the series...we might not like the way things have gone at different points, but realize what a hard fought, amazing series this has been, as usual.

One group of us will have our hearts broken tonight, but no matter what happens I think the true fans will eventually be able to know and admit it sure was something to watch.

As a Yankee fan, I hate seeing this go to game seven.  But as a fan of good baseball, you can't ask for much more than this series has given us so far.  So, here's to a great finish of a fantastic series. :D  May the best team win!  Go Yankees!!!

498508[/snapback]

the true fans are the guys who have been on the edge of their seats throughout the course of the series...we might not like the way things have gone at different points, but realize what a hard fought, amazing series this has been, as usual.

One group of us will have our hearts broken tonight, but no matter what happens I think the true fans will eventually be able to know and admit it sure was something to watch.

498518[/snapback]

See... Yankee fans are generally good people. :D

You good ones need to control the population of Kate Middletons who like to attach themselves to the Yankees sack in October of every year for the sole purpose of getting into fights... B)

Good luck tonight. Well... what I mean is, drive safe. Not good luck in the game. Bad luck in the game... but I wish you no personal harm. :D

Hmmm.....I think it's been fairly easy to distinguish who the true fans in here are during the course of this series. 

The guys popping in and taking pot-shots every time a break goes against or for their supposed team, or feeling the need to call players' heart (and even their sexuality) into question....they are not the true fans.

The true fans are the guys who have been on the edge of their seats throughout the course of the series...we might not like the way things have gone at different points, but realize what a hard fought, amazing series this has been, as usual.

498518[/snapback]

DO Yankee fans actually have a broken heart when they are getting spanked like this. Or do they just say, next yr we will go back to trying to buy another title :D

DO Yankee fans actually have a broken heart when they are getting spanked like this.  Or do they just say, next yr we will go back to trying to buy another title  :D

499589[/snapback]

Ahh...the hipocracy of it all. The real question is, if the Sox win the Series, will people say they "bought" the title? If they don't, then they are hipocrits and morons.

Edited by Dirty Sanchez