[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Original huddle members

whomper

Lately Ive been checking out the amount of posts and how long a lot of you guys have been members..Who are the oldest (Time on site not age)members of the huddle..Ive been with the huddle since it was a free site and Ive always liked it.Just curious about the longest running members.

Edited by whomper

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been on since it has ben a free site too. I did not use the message board until this year. As now I am married and stuck at home.

It is funny how I look at the Huddle projections now. I used to look at like an almanac now it just another way of looking at things.

Good Luck t oo you!

Billy

Edited by BNL

First year was 98 and I've been comin' back ever since. Just started actively getting on the MBs this year.

It's funny, cuz I used to get so anxious for Wednesdays (back in the day) when the first prognostications for the upcoming week would come out. But now, I rarely pay attention to that stuff. EOS and DEF allowed are great but the MBs rule my life now at the huddle.

Been here for a long time. Mid 1998 at least.

Always stayed on the home page reading articles and religiously waiting for the start/bench.

Then hit the forums for a good while just reading and watching. Started posting in the forums in 2000 I guess. Maybe 1999, but most likely 2000.

since '98....I was a member back when it was a free site. The first year they asked to pay, I thought they were crazy (but I went ahead and paid anyway)....now, I think it's an incredible deal! Best FF site on the net and well worth the cost of admission. And speaking of the cost, I'd like to re-affirm that I think it is admirable that DMD tries to keep the cost to a minimum....I remember when it first became a pay site, and DMD's posted a explaining why it had to be this way. After the initial shock that I would have to pay, never had a problem since. In fact, I can't even remember what year it went to a pay site? Seriously!

97 or 98, can't remember which. Whatever year we started RAGE.

497095[/snapback]

Uh oh, this could turn in to a real nostalgia trip!

So anybody know where RAGE got it's name?

Seems as though some of the early Huddlers decided to start a league together. Called it the "Hall Of Fame Football Asses" (or something like that!) Me, and a few others who were also in the First Huddle Hall of Fame (qualification was pretty easy in those days.) , thought we belonged in the league, but were rejected. So we started our own league with a name that showed what we thought about them (RAGE!) but also had an acronym that was a sarcastic dig at their exclusivity - "Really Almost Good Enough".

Some of those early members, still in the league are Skippy, CEO of the Barefoot Placekickers, bOb of the nOrth, aqualung, Penguin, and the never-to-be-forgotten Bumbo Swamp!

Rage On! :D

I have been here since summer of 1999. I had a membership(300 something (I think) at the time) that got lost or something and lost about 600 posts at that point. I was alot more talkative back then. Now with two kids and a business to run it has been a lot more diffcult to talk here.

For historical context, some highlights to guage your participation

1997 - rudimentary message board which was mostly me using an alias asking myself questions with occasional commentary from Big Country. :D

1998 - The first UBB board in all of fantasy football :moon:

1999 - August to October was the Delphi fiasco. :D Back to UBB B)

2000 - Great traffic, losing money and killing ourselves to do it. Last free year. :violin:

2001 - Decided to go one more year with members only and if no one signed up, we'd still kill ourselves for the season and then very, very sadly shut the door. Pay site as of July, 2001. :D:D:moon:

2002 - B)

2003 - :yay:

2004 - :moon:

I've been here just about the whole time. I was here when DMD was asking questions to himself and I actually remember talking to Big Country via icq and telling him that I thought this DMD guy is answering his own questions at times. :D

I know that back in the beginning very shortly after the first UBB came to The Huddle, I organized a mock draft, the very first huddle mock, and from that draft sprung the Huddled Masses, the first ever born of the huddle league. That league is still going today but most of the members have changed other than Big County, Mike C, Can'head, and me. Three of us original's are still here on this board but most of the others are long gone.

Edited by Skippy