[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Original huddle members

whomper

Are you sure, because I'm pretty sure I got here in 1999 maybe even 1998 and I'd have sworn you were here when I got here.  Maybe I'm confusing you with Volitare.  :D

I

816746[/snapback]

It may have been 1999 (definitely not 98.) It was before the board went pay.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, talk about some old memories.

GB the 1012!

I came on board in 98 as a lurker and then just jumped into the big ol' pile o' stuff.

I remember when Grid was kicking swami down some bleachers.

And a bizarre picture of one of Grid's kids behind a goat.

Edited by swidman

I guess by noting that I was a founding member of HOFFA (that's "Hall of Fame Football Association", mister!), I am dating myself as an "older guy" in these here parts...  I came in the summer of 1998.

497247[/snapback]

Isn't that the league where Dorey regularly got his teeth kicked in by the Gridiron Assassin.

Ah yes, Huddle Gal. She was yummy.

This site lost it's mojo when all the old timers got banned by the thin skinned moderators.

I'm a NEWbie to this site. I joined last year. But this is definitely THE best site I've encountered in the years I've been playing FF. I find that the people here know their stuff, and let you know if you don't know your stuff. I love that. I'm new, but I won't be leaving anytime soon.

I came in sometime post-Delphi and pre-pay site as TimmG6376 then changed to ALBS just before the upgrade that brought us  :D  :D  :D and  :D among other things

816482[/snapback]

:D You forgot a "y"

I fondly recall returning from vacation when thehuddle went pay and :D because I missed the reminder to register and thus, got stuck with this crapy member number.  Remember the line that was forming?  :D

816746[/snapback]

:D You thought #333 was bad? :D

I was a non-message board Huddler back in '98 or '99. Couldn't wait until Wednesday to confirm that my starters were in fact the right ways to go (I was pretty much a noob to FF). Browsed the boards a bit in 2001 and 2002... didn't really get active until last season, though. Now... gosh... uh... :D

I've been hanging around since the late 90's. Here is the amazing thing, when I first found the site (barely after it started) I would never have known that it was a newer site. I must say the Huddle has been a step above the rest right from the start. And the price is right!! Thanks to DMD and WW for their great content, and wisdom in choosing great writers! :D

Wish I would of found this place earlier.  I really enjoy reading the forum, this place kicks a$$.

816956[/snapback]

Newbie Tool

just trying to keep in the spirit of the thread

:oldjohnelwaygrin:

Found a link to thehuddle somewhere back in late 1999 or 2000 and haven't hung out anywhere else for FF since. Started posting in 2002, more so during the season. I don't drop much knowledge but I contribute when I can and when I have something worth adding. Love the tailgate but avoid the politics.

It was when the Huddle Boards went Delphi and I think the site they used at the time was called Sidelines.  Didn't last for long.

816954[/snapback]

They also rankled at the word censor over here and BowieMercs set up a website all his own and it was called TheSidelines.com ... most of them are at the one set up by JH, the Warroom.

I got here when Marty Schottenheimer was still coach of the Chiefs. It was near the end of his tenure, so probably '98.

I've been here SEVEN years? Jeez, I've wasted some time. :D

My original username was Martyball, followed by Guntherball, and now Chief Dick.

EDIT TO ADD:

Good Lord, I didn't realize this was an old thread. I've been here so long I'm starting to answer the same thread TWICE. :D

Edited by Chief Dick

Wasnt there a thread with Huddle definitions? I think it was from Rajn. It was something like huddle rules or huddle definitions..does anyone know what Im talking about?