[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Original huddle members

whomper

I was there/here. <sniff> <sniff>

-------------------

I remember a time when member numbers were reserved.

Recall the House of Riff (or Riff's Place)?

You guys "saved" the grand opening of the new board (June 1st) until after a few of us QA'ed the new site (May 27th)...

House of Riff attendees:

Dorey tossing salad in a massage recliner, the bathroom incident, and break dancing

Riffraff's beanbag chair, video collection, and dart board

Skippy's Dart Swinger insurance policy and the Kitna football

Muck's fashionably late and loves the kitchen beads

Heck, that was one of the few times Whitney actually hung out and chatted some.

-----------------------

Back in the day.. I was the breaking news guy.

The blogger to start all bloggers. :D

1999 = There are no "experts" in fantasy football... article posted on the Huddle, then taken down with the Fox merger. (Oh, the irony of it all) LOL

1213112[/snapback]

Indeed you certainly have been here the whole time. I love the old reference to the Dart Swinger. LOL I still want to know who was pissing in the bush growing in the corner?

Oh and good to see you BrainySmurf! I for one think that it was Dustdon/wakco that gave you that name.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brainy my man, how's it hanging.

Brainy was the original electronics expert on the Huddle.

Glad you came back for a visit.

1213500[/snapback]

aqualung,

Don't know about electronics expert, just had a passion for certain kinds of stuff.

Anyway, I knew everything about everything back then. Isn't that what my persona was all about? I had to try to live up to it.

How come it says you joined in September? Did you get yourself kicked off?

Indeed you certainly have been here the whole time.  I love the old reference to the Dart Swinger. LOL  I still want to know who was pissing in the bush growing in the corner?

Oh and good to see you BrainySmurf!  I for one think that it was Dustdon/wakco that gave you that name.

1213685[/snapback]

You may be right. (I may be crazy.) Wish I could go back and review some of those old threads.

Thing I remember most is how brutal we were to Big Red. Not that he didn't draw some fire on himself, but after a while I started feeling sorry for the big lug.

WaKCo showed up unannounced about 6 months ago; now Brainy Smurf?

Next thing you know, Fury or Posty will start in with their well-mannered banter.

1213613[/snapback]

I assume that's sarcasm? :D

Thanks for the PM, muck.

I was telling muck via PM about what I've been doing. I moved to Michigan and I'm trying my hand at writing a novel. I wrote a book called "Dark Age" about a post-apocalyptic future in Montana. Sort of like "The Postman" meets "Lonesome Dove".

I assume that's sarcasm?  :D

Thanks for the PM, muck. 

I was telling muck via PM about what I've been doing.  I moved to Michigan and I'm trying my hand at writing a novel.  I wrote a book called "Dark Age" about a post-apocalyptic future in Montana.  Sort of like "The Postman" meets "Lonesome Dove".

1213892[/snapback]

Perfectly believeable what with the militias and UniBombers and whatnot there already....

You may be right. (I may be crazy.)  Wish I could go back and review some of those old threads.

Thing I remember most is how brutal we were to Big Red. Not that he didn't draw some fire on himself, but after a while I started feeling sorry for the big lug.

1213882[/snapback]

I know I've found a bunch of my old stuff at the web archive. I think it's www.archive.org but I'm not poitive. They've captured a monthly snapshot of this place so you may find some interesting things there.

I was telling muck via PM about what I've been doing.  I moved to Michigan and I'm trying my hand at writing a novel.  I wrote a book called "Dark Age" about a post-apocalyptic future in Montana.  Sort of like "The Postman" meets "Lonesome Dove".

1213892[/snapback]

It's the story of my life. PM me if you need any help with the book. Also, my wife will need to see a picture of you if I'm going to be allowed to buy yer book. She let me buy msaint's just so she could cut his picture off the sleve and tape it to my face when I demand sex.

Edited by Clubfoothead

Thanks for the PM, muck. 

1213892[/snapback]

Is it published? :D

Like to read it if you have a link to where I can buy it.

Thanks for the PM, muck. 

1213892[/snapback]

yukon should be in it as the leader of the bumbles :D

My first post on the Huddle, I think was in like 1998, I'm not sure exactly when. I had read the Huddle but never posted up until that point. I made a trade with my league nemisis at the time, and I felt that I really ripped him off. I remember Rod Smith was in the deal. So, I decided to go on the Huddle and post the trade the opposite of how it happened, because I noticed that they tend to rip the person posting, so I posted that I traded who I actually got and vice versa. I was told by Posty, Bronco Billy and the rest of the "Vets" that I got bent over on that trade. I then told them, that I was the opposite team and wanted to be able to rip my friends. Posty took major exception to this, and their were about 30 posts going back and fourth like two 2nd-graders. "Shut Up" - "I'll say whatever I want" etc. etc. etc. I then spent about 4 months being asked "What kind of username is Menudo ?" The good ole' days........ :D

Isn't that a soup or a boys band or something????  :D

1214610[/snapback]

It is actually both a boy band from the 80s AND a dish made of cow's stomach. :D

EDITED to note Menudo is made from cow's STOMACH, not intestines...(much better)

Edited by cre8tiff