[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Original huddle members

whomper

Started in '98 also. I loved the way the old board was set up but it's nice today. I don't post much and really skim over a lot of the post these days. This was one site I never ever told other FF'rs about and still try to keep it as my secret. I am disappointed in the message board these days and the lack of up to date current info regarding news and rumors, but it is still a better site than most. I just wish I didn't have to visit four sites to get all the types of info I want to keep up with.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been alive forever, and i wrote the very first song. i put the words and the melodies together, i am music, and i write the songs.

i write the songs that make the whole world sing.

i write the songs of love and special things.

i write the songs that make the young girls cry.

i write the songs, i write the songs.

I am disappointed in the message board these days and the lack of up to date current info regarding news and rumors, but it is still a better site than most. I just wish I didn't have to visit four sites to get all the types of info I want to keep up with.

498255[/snapback]

The reason why it seems that the Huddle in no-longer first in line with news & info is because there are sooooo many more sources out there now. Before, when there were maybe 3 or 4 sites for fantasy football it was fairly easy to be the first to report on things if you were willing to take the time to look. But now it's more about the quality of the content & the message boards that makes the Huddle the best out there.

I've been alive forever, and i wrote the very first song.  i put the words and the melodies together, i am music, and i write the songs.

i write the songs that make the whole world sing.

i write the songs of love and special things.

i write the songs that make the young girls cry.

i write the songs, i write the songs.

498268[/snapback]

Barry Manilow = Evil in it's purest form

Crispirons = The devil's spawn

:D

I've been here a long time, not sure exactly when I started. Well before Delphi.

I remember most of Blitz' obscure references, a couple thoughts:

-I think Brainy Smurf's original name was dkredenburg, soemnthing like that?

-I beat Briany Smurf in his debate tournament in the semifinals, than both me and the other finalist didn't even bother participating in the finals, can't even remember why.

-it's Blitz' post so he should know, but I'm pretty sure it was remmeber the 1012, not the 2012. Blitz?

-one other very old Huddler who's not been mentioned who is still here is Kid Cid. DMD used to always cite Chicago pratts as the first one ever I thought, I haven't seen him around for awhile though. Big John?

-hate to rain on Skippy's parade, but the very first born of the Huddle league was MBRFFL (Message Board Regulars Fanatasy Football League). Swami started it, I was in it, so was Willy, can't remember who else. It no longer exists.

-anyone throwing around Bronco Billy as an old-time Huddler hasn't been here all that long.

-there's been plenty of funny sh*t here at the Huddle, but for my money nothing was funnier than SanDDi, especially the job she did on KC Crazy.

-the Watters/Martin debate was bgetween GRID and robdor, with robdor backing Martin (GBCM ring any bells?).

-another old-time Huddler that has escaped mention so far - Fury, an annoying USC journalist student who had crazy man-love for Keyshawn Johnson as I recall.

There's plenty more, I'll post more recollections later if time permits.

I've been here a long time, not sure exactly when I started.  Well before Delphi.

-I beat Briany Smurf in his debate tournament in the semifinals, than both me and the other finalist didn't even bother participating in the finals, can't even remember why.

-it's Blitz' post so he should know, but I'm pretty sure it was remmeber the 1012, not the 2012.  Blitz?

-one other very old Huddler who's not been mentioned who is still here is Kid Cid.  DMD used to always cite Chicago pratts as the first one ever I thought, I haven't seen him around for awhile though.  Big John?

-hate to rain on Skippy's parade, but the very first born of the Huddle league was MBRFFL (Message Board Regulars Fanatasy Football League).  Swami started it, I was in it, so was Willy, can't remember who else.  It no longer exists.

-anyone throwing around Bronco Billy as an old-time Huddler hasn't been here all that long.

-there's been plenty of funny sh*t here at the Huddle, but for my money nothing was funnier than SanDDi, especially the job she did on KC Crazy. 

-the Watters/Martin debate was bgetween GRID and robdor, with robdor backing Martin (GBCM ring any bells?).

-another old-time Huddler that has escaped mention so far - Fury, an annoying USC journalist student who had crazy man-love for Keyshawn Johnson as I recall.

498336[/snapback]

Sorry EnD, but Huddled Masses was the first Huddle League, born the first year of the huddle. No longer hosted here but still very alive. Swami started the MBRFFL I believe the season after we got HM going.

And Fury is not mentioned with good reason.... freaking ahole. He was the king of the inappropriate, still is... but, still around after 2 or 3 failed ouster attempts in USDA.

I remember the many late night conversations via ICQ with DMD, Skippy and Riffraff.

I have no idea how we got some of out original rules in USDA after those late night conversations with Skippy and Riffraff.

I remember starting the whodoIstart site with Riffraff and Skippy that lasted part of 1 season.

Sorry EnD, but Huddled Masses was the first Huddle League, born the first year of the huddle. No longer hosted here but still very alive. Swami started the MBRFFL I believe the season after we got HM going.

Yeah? I'll have to take your word for it, coulda' sworn MBRFFL was the first BOTH league. That's certainly how we branded ourselves. :D

Apologies to Skippy.

EDIT - anyone mention Team yet? Him and BUMBO together were a riot.

Edited by Easy n Dirty

I've been here a long time, not sure exactly when I started.  Well before Delphi.

-it's Blitz' post so he should know, but I'm pretty sure it was remmeber the 1012, not the 2012.  Blitz?

-one other very old Huddler who's not been mentioned who is still here is Kid Cid.  DMD used to always cite Chicago pratts as the first one ever I thought, I haven't seen him around for awhile though.  Big John?

-hate to rain on Skippy's parade, but the very first born of the Huddle league was MBRFFL (Message Board Regulars Fanatasy Football League).  Swami started it, I was in it, so was Willy, can't remember who else.  It no longer exists.

498336[/snapback]

Yes ... 1012 ... I always do that because of a certain Rush song that comes to mind.

Yes Kid Cid aka Zombie Woof has been around awhile

Pratts is still around ... he owns one of the CORE teams ... although I don't think he posts on the forums anymore.

I still If you remember how many posts it took to be inducted into the original Huddle HoF and who the first inductee was, you might be an old Huddler.

498044[/snapback]

300! And Grid?

Unlike now, the quantity of posts DID seem to have some correlation with the quality! ("He says modestly.") :D

If you can remember the FIRST time Blitzkrieg changed his name and what he changed his name to, you ARE an old Huddler.

497650[/snapback]

I only remember the word usage error: "Formally known as Blitz" instead of "formerly". When called on it, you tried to pretend it was meant as a joke!

I remember more than I thought I would, however, I don't seem to remember anyone metioning CANS and Beakerpunk's wife.  That seemed to linger forever.

498020[/snapback]

Its was Rack, Beakerpunks wifes Rack

Pop Quiz

What was Brees Wifes nickname. hint, she looked like she could sux a tennis ball through a straw?