[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Original huddle members

whomper

I hope you guys can remember this one..I cant remember his login name but he used to terrorize the boards and everyone used to fight with him...The one clue I can give is that in his sigline he used to say somethiung about a player and that he had a "crush on him"

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am foggy on timing, but I found an old reference to The Huddle in 1998 to my fellow owners in an email as a site to visit regularly. I do not participate a lot on the message boards being a big time lurker :duck:.

My memory is for crap, but I remember there used to be "Alias Wars" for lack of a better term. I don't remember the year, but that seemed to sometimes result in witch hunts. I never remembered who was the most infamous member that used aliases a lot.

I remember quite a few of the usernames being tossed about here.

Edited by Gunther

That old deathmatch post remined me why I just lurked and never posted back then. :D

I am foggy on timing, but I found an old reference to The Huddle in 1998 to my fellow owners in an email as a site to visit regularly. I do not participate a lot on the message boards being a big time lurker :duck:.

My memory is for crap, but I remember there used to be "Alias Wars" for lack of a better term. I don't remember the year, but that seemed to sometimes result in witch hunts. I never remembered who was the most infamous member that used aliases a lot.

I remember quite a few of the usernames being tossed about here.

499911[/snapback]

Those often resulted in a few bannings...myself once for impersonating Blitz I think.

That is correct.  Then he beat the guy up that Dora was sleeping aroud with with one of the bogus golf clubs that he bought from a Wal-Mart or something like that.  :D

499382[/snapback]

Wasn't the guy she was sleeping around with also a Huddler, maybe even a friend of robdor's?

Had no idea Team and Merc were back in the fold...or maybe they never left. Those dudes should post more.

Ricky Williams could answer this one.  :D

blank blank role models

502384[/snapback]

I'd answer but I don't want to attract the attention of the authorities.

Is someone burning rope in here?

Man talk about a blast from the past.

Just a few clarifications. HOFFA started by your's truly was more about the Saturday Night Zombie chat crew then it was being in the Hall of Fame. Man those were good times. I didn't even care what my FF team did (and my records showed it) it was more hanging out in Cyberchat with some sick perverted folks that reminded me of....well me.

Some other funny memories:

The Myster Huddler with the bottle of Crown Royal and a White Sweater that Barry Gibb might have worn.

Fluffy

Robdor/Crow's mustang and trailor park posts

Muck's bible thumping intro that nearly cast all the heathens of HOFFA to the wayside.

Huddle Hats

Bowie Huddle blaster - How do you guys think that some of us truly got in the Hall of Fame? It was not posting anything of real value to the FF community.

Bowie's invisible edit scripts - classic moments when he would bait Big Red into a fight and edit his previous post just to make Big Red look even more stupid by predicting what he would post next. Classic stuff.

Hacky sacks

Orca

Tiger Cuz

Woody and Bumbo baseball chats

Bumbo one liners.

The WW and GRID feud

1998 was my first FF season and 1/2 way through, some guy at work said I had to check this site out. I have a Start/Bench list from 12/10/98 saying that Jamal Anderson, Marshall Faulk, Terrell Davis, Fred Taylor and Barry Sanders are studs and start them regardless of matchup.

I only missed the Huddle in 2002 when I had been booted from my $$ league for talking too much smack and mostly not kissing the Commish's arse enough. Good though, since he was cheating on WW pickups and stealing good players that we requested or advising those with priority that they should snatch someone ahead of us. D*ck!

Oddly enough I was one of the original HoFers, although I missed out on the original board. I entered in the middle of the robdor and grid cage matches, the letter falling out of Paul Taglibue's pocket, Brainy Smurf's Great Debate, and I'll never forget how Purple Rain got his moniker. I guess that makes it around '98. Man, I've spent WAY too much time here since then...