[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pack Your Lunch

gilthorp

I'm pretty sure Edge would have run for 200+ with Urlacher in there...let alone, the 275 the Colts had overall.

It just would not have made a difference yesterday as they were overmatched in every phase.

Of course this is just my opinion.

570072[/snapback]

What's this week's excuse gil? Bears should have won the game against the Cowboys. Julius ran all over the Bears. Both of his touchdowns were right up the middle. Seems like something's missing in the middle of the Bears defense? Hmmm. What could that be? 2 week's without Urlacher...2 weeks of complete defensive failure. Coincidence? Seems like the defense is lacking some sort of leadership right now... :D

What's this week's excuse gil?  Bears should have won the game against the Cowboys.  Julius ran all over the Bears.  Both of his touchdowns were right up the middle.  Seems like something's missing in the middle of the Bears defense?  Hmmm.  What could that be?  2 week's without Urlacher...2 weeks of complete defensive failure.  Coincidence?  Seems like the defense is lacking some sort of leadership right now... :D

575921[/snapback]

You are amazing. I guess Urlacher would have stopped him on both of those touchdown runs--you're right. I guess they would have all played more inspired because their "general" was out there. B)

I offer no excuses, and haven't once said that missing 54 doesn't hurt the team, but for some reason, you like to keep alluding to the fact that I did? That's pretty sad, but it appears to be your MO.

It is more than one player, and if you don't believe that, you don't know enough about this game. Sure, they miss him, but the result would have been the same with or without him.

YOU DON'T WIN A GAME WHEN YOUR OFFENSE SCORES NO POINTS!!! You don't win a game when the offense continues to put the defense on the field...for 35 freakin minutes!

Give me a break...come shoot your mouth off when he returns, and then we'll see how the defense magically improves. :D

Edited by gilthorp

No question Urlacher makes them a much better defensive team, especially against the run. I think the numbers do bear that out. But they do have some solid people around him as well. The corners and D-line are very good, and this would be a top 5-10 defense with any kind of offense. Purely from a fantasy stand-point, they were a very decent play this week and I played them even though I was playing JJ on the other side. Prett decent results overall.

No offense gilthorp, but I think it's pretty obvious the Bears do indeed miss Urlacher. Anyone can see that.

576128[/snapback]

I agree. The Bears do miss him and I can vouch that the Cowboys miss Woodson out on the field. Woodson is like having a coach on the field. The players admit that they really counted on him controlling the defense once the huddle breaks and nobody has stepped up to fill his shoes. Urlacher brings intensity and everybody seems to step it up when he is on the field. It's amazing what just an extra ounce of confidence will do. Great players can make mediocre players shine...then of course they think they are equally as great, ask for a big contract and go on to suck somewhere else or suck the salary cap dry for their own team!!! LOL

No offense gilthorp, but I think it's pretty obvious the Bears do indeed miss Urlacher. Anyone can see that.

576128[/snapback]

No offense taken BS1...never once have I said that they would be fine without him, nor have I ever said they would be better without him. All I've said is that he is over-rated and I still believe that to be the case.

To put the loss on the fact that Urlacher is out is purely ridiculous IMO. Of course they miss #54, anyone can see that. To say that he would have made that much of a difference yesterday is up for debate. With him on the field yesterday, the results of the game are the same.

The D held Dallas to 267 yards of offense, they were 1/13 on third down conversions, and were playing against two teams...the Cowboys and their own offense. When you have an offense that had a long drive of 29 yards for the entire game, are you telling me that having Urlacher changes the outcome?

• 2 weeks later...
Give me a break...come shoot your mouth off when he returns, and then we'll see how the defense magically improves. :D

576080[/snapback]

Defense looked pretty good yesterday. 3 INTs (1 of which was Urlacher's), 5 sacks (1 of which was Urlacher's), 0 rushing touchdowns. Can I "shoot my mouth off" yet? :D Whether he is making tackles or not, Urlacher is the backbone of this defense. He helped the Bears keep the #3 total offense / #7 scoring offense in the NFL to 14 points.

Very nice performance by Urlacher yesterday. :D

From what I saw, he sure looked ready to play after his injury. He has always had big games against the Vikings at home, and yesterday was no different.

I'm more excited that it looks like we have a QB that will take chances and keep the clock moving, a hefty 10-17 third down conversion rate, and this kept the defense from being on the field the majority of the game.

I've never said the Bears are better off with #54 off the field and that's a fact.

Very nice performance by Urlacher yesterday. :D

From what I saw, he sure looked ready to play after his injury. He has always had big games against the Vikings at  home, and yesterday was no different.

I'm more excited that it looks like we have a QB that will take chances and keep the clock moving, a hefty 10-17 third down conversion rate, and this kept the defense from being on the field the majority of the game.

I've never said the Bears are better off with #54 off the field and that's a fact.

595713[/snapback]

I'll back you on that. Hutch looked good, except when he seemed to think toooo much! Then it was sack time. Supposedly that was a major problem he had in Dallas. I haven't seen a Chi. QB smile that much during a game since McMahon. He truly looked like he was having fun. This could be a flash in the pan situation, but I'll enjoy it while I can. A win inside of the Div. is like 2 outside. :D

I'll back you on that.  Hutch looked good, except when he seemed to think toooo much!  Then it was sack time.  Supposedly that was a major problem he had in Dallas.  I haven't seen a Chi. QB smile that much during a game since McMahon.  He truly looked like he was having fun.  This could be a flash in the pan situation, but I'll enjoy it while I can.  A win inside of the Div. is like 2 outside. :D

595820[/snapback]

I didn't get to watch the whole game, but saw the 2 minute drive before the half, and that was nice to see a QB who had control of the huddle, and then putting the ball on the money for the WR's. They sure play inspired ball when the Vikings are in town, as they've taken 4 in a row now against them at home.

As far as "flash in the pan", it doesn't matter--his first game at home against the Vikes, he now has a HUGH fan base in this town after that one.

A few question for the Bears fans that saw the whole game: How did Alex Brown look after he signed his extension--solid all game? How was the move with McQuarters going to FS--was he in on a lot of vertical plays?

I didn't get to watch the whole game, but saw the 2 minute drive before the half, and that was nice to see a QB who had control of the huddle, and then putting the ball on the money for the WR's. They sure play inspired ball when the Vikings are in town, as they've taken 4 in a row now against them at home.

As far as "flash in the pan", it doesn't matter--his first game at home against the Vikes, he now has a HUGH fan base in this town after that one.

A few question for the Bears fans that saw the whole game: How did Alex Brown look after he signed his extension--solid all game? How was the move with McQuarters going to FS--was he in on a lot of vertical plays?

595871[/snapback]

Brown and McQ looked good and the change was a great idea. Peanut looked a little weak, but all in all the 'D' was solid. Gave up major yardage, but minimized points.

The Vikes defense can make anyone look good. Put Hutch against a real team and he's going to get destroyed.

595875[/snapback]

Granted, the Vikes 'D' is lower third tier. I think what gets us Bear Fans excited is the fact that all phases were working. Also I won't say Hutch is gonna blow away a top tier 'D', but he showed some stuff yesterday that was different than we've seen ALL season, yes including Rex's short stint. The guy actually moved his when pressured.