[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Who is the toughest player in the NFL?

GhostFace

Emiitt Smith in that Giants playoff game when he had a seperated shoulder and kept playing  has my vote.

Hines Ward gets a vote too just on principles.

554195[/snapback]

I agree that both are as tough as nails. FWIW, Hines has also been playing his entire career without an ACL in one of his knees. He's one hell of a blocker as well.

Fred Taylor

554259[/snapback]

I applaud Taylor for battling back through the injuries that've plagued the first four years of his career and adopting a more stringent conditioning program. Many people (including myself) thought that his NFL career would've been over a couple years ago, but he proved us wrong. IIRC, he hasn't missed a game in 2 1/2 years now.

You guys should retitle this who are the toughest skill position players in the NFL - the Guys in the trenches would eat alive almost anybody you all mentioned. :D

I bet if you asked these Favre and other players listed they would agree. :D

Edited by BNL

You guys should retitle this who are the toughest skill position players in the NFL - the Guys in the trenches would eat alive almost anybody you all mentioned. :D

I bet if you asked these Favre and other players listed they would agree. :D

554876[/snapback]

I think toughness has nothing to do with the size of the player and more to do with his willigness to play through pain, how he comes back from a punishing hit, the fear he puts into his opponents, and some other more intangable traits.

I think toughness has nothing to do with the size of the player and more to do with his willigness to play through pain, how he comes back from a punishing hit, the fear he puts into his opponents, and some other more intangable traits.

554939[/snapback]

Yes you are correct. Those guys in the trenches are always banged and bandaged up. Next time you watch a game look at home many lineman have soft casts, bandages, braces, and/or limping. Yet they are still out there. They get smacked every down of the game that they are in for unlike many skill players.

Edited by BNL

• 2 weeks later...

This is easy....Farve...Favre...blah blah blah...John Madden obviously does have fans... :D

Mark Schlereth

"At 34, Schlereth is a scientific marvel, visiting the surgeon as often as most people visit the dentist...."

"...marked the 27th time Schlereth has undergone some type of surgery in his 12-year career with the Broncos..."

"The left knee has received the most attention, being surgically repaired 13 times."

"He has a great pain threshold, and most guys probably would have been retired a number of years ago," Denver head coach Mike Shanahan said. "I think the doctors said that it was the worst knee that they've every seen. That gives you an idea of what kind of pain he plays with."

"With three Super Bowl rings, it would be understandable if Schlereth decided to call it a career, but he seemed determined to play out the final year of his contract despite surgeries on his knees, elbows, eyes and back."

In 1998, he had arthroscopic surgery on his left knee and was back in the starting lineup 13 days later. Because the Broncos had a bye week, he did not miss a game.

Anyway, just my homer 2 cents......oh, yea....and NAGURSKI!!... :D

EDIT: Funny Rovers picks kickers....somehow that fits! B)

And the title was toughest, so there you go....but Mark was also corner stone of the Denver o-line for many years, including the SB winz.

Edited by Turf Smurf