[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Free Fantasy Advice Here - Week 10

Hugh 0ne

Gents, and ladies, I'm back for another week. :D

Please post pertinent info needed to make a decision, like scoring, roster and matchups, and PLEASE don't ask me to pick your entire lineup for you.

If you do, you will make the official Hugh One ignore list. :D

Anywho, I'm a bit busy today, so be patient, I'll try to get to as many questions as possible.

Fire away. B)

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Hugh here it goes:

Blaylock v NE

Edge at Chic

Lewis v Dall

Leaning towards benching Edge (need 2)

Horn v Den

E. Johnson at TB

Already starting Clayton, Mason, and Gonzo at receiver

FYI in my league WR's get .5 per catch and TE's get 1 pt per catch

As always thank you

Hi Hugh,

Would you dare start M. Clayton vs. SF over Ward @ CIN or Horn vs. DEN?  Thanks!

560537[/snapback]

Well, you almost have to consider it. I wouldn't bench Horn though. He's 5th in yards, and 8th in receptions in the league, so that's stud status, and despite the matchup and the fact the Brooks is struggling, I think you start Horn.

Clayton and Ward have put up similar numbers. Clayton has the better matchup, Ward is the better, more proven WR.

Tough call. I think I'd go with Ward and Horn though.

In a standard whining league who should I start

Kawtz

jesdpie

rdaled

geaux4LSU

Kawtz is my stud whinner and a must start every week. I just need to know which two out of the other three I should start. I'm thinking jesdpie and rdaled. geaux4LSU hasn't done much the last several weeks.

Thanks in advance.

Hey Hugh. Should I trade Brooks and Tomlinson for Favre and Jamal Lewis? It's a 12 team standard performance scoring leauge in which we start 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST. I am kind of nervous about Tomlinson's groin injury and Favre has an extremely soft schedule the rest of the way. Team currently is:

QB - Brooks, Griese

WR - Holt, D-Jax, R. Moss

RB - Tomlinson/Chatman, Droughns, Thomas Jones/A-Train

TE - Gates

K - Akers

D - Bengals

Thanks.

Kawtz

jesdpie

rdaled

geaux4LSU

Kawtz is my stud whinner and a must start every week.  I just need to know which two out of the other three I should start.  I'm thinking jesdpie and rdaled.  geaux4LSU hasn't done much the last several weeks.

Thanks in advance.

560555[/snapback]

Now that is funny. :D

While I got ya here, Hugh:

Quick confirmation... out of McCardell, Mason, Moulds, Fitzgerald and R. Williams, I'm currently going with the three M's. Is Williams a better choice than either one given his continually gimpy ankle? Thanks.

:D

Ok Hugh here it goes:

Blaylock v NE

Edge at Chic

Lewis v Dall

Leaning towards benching Edge (need 2)

Horn v Den

E. Johnson at TB

Already starting Clayton, Mason, and Gonzo at receiver

FYI in my league WR's get .5 per catch and TE's get 1 pt per catch

As always thank you

560552[/snapback]

Man, everyone is down on Edge these days. :D

The lack of TD's is disturbing, that's for sure, and you have 2 other good options. I wouldn't bench Lewis for sure, so between Edge and Blaylock, it's a close call. I'd start Edge by a hair. More proven back with more experience and more big game capability.

Oh, and I think you know my answer on Horn. I'm going to stand by Horn this week, going against what the huddle says. Although the full point per reception makes Johnson tempting, I'm sticking with Horn.

Hugh - I am on a roll with picking my QB's

Wk10: 45 w/Delhomme

Wk9: 35 w/Delhomme

Wk8: 50 w/Vick

Wk7: 10 w/Vick (but all 3 were bad that week)

Wk6: 27 w/Griese

This week I am going with Vick @ NYG unless you can talk me out of it. Though, Griese does have a great matchup against SF. My other option is Delhomme @ home vs ARI who has been throwing the heck out of the ball, but ARI Defense is very good.

I am probably going to put my Fantasy hopes on the back of Mr. Vick from here on out, he has looked very good lately, and he continues to run the ball well. When I drafted him, I felt that he would be huge late in the season, and I have to at least give him a chance to shine.

The other reason i like Vick this week against NY, is the Giants typically get out of the gate well, and score early. If ATL is behind, the ball will stay in Vicks hands for over 80% of the plays.

What do you think?

Kawtz

jesdpie

rdaled

geaux4LSU

Kawtz is my stud whinner and a must start every week.  I just need to know which two out of the other three I should start.  I'm thinking jesdpie and rdaled.  geaux4LSU hasn't done much the last several weeks.

Thanks in advance.

560555[/snapback]

ASYS. Jesdpie all the way.

More in need of a prayer than anything... I'm currently two spots out of the playoff hunt and play a DOMINATING first place team this week. Although another loss doesn't necessarily kill me off, it does stick a few more forks in my tender parts...

OK:

Willis @ home vs Rams or Deuce @ home vs Denver?

Roy Williams @ Vikings or DJackson vs Miami or SMoss at Browns? (just 1)

Finally - Brooks vs Broncos or Harrington vs Vikes?

As always, thanks.

oh mighty Hugh I have a questin on an earlier post but got no response...yet.

wdis at wr and te

wr coles, wr burlson , wr chad johnson, or wr loyd....can only pick 2

te grahm or stevens??? or do I drop one of these chumps to pick up jeb putz and start the putz???

scoring is in my sig .....

560560[/snapback]

At WR I'd start CJ and Burleson.

At TE, grab Putzier against New Orleans.

Hey Hugh.  Should I trade Brooks and Tomlinson for Favre and Jamal Lewis?  It's a 12 team standard performance scoring leauge in which we start 1 QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST.  I am kind of nervous about Tomlinson's groin injury and Favre has an extremely soft schedule the rest of the way.  Team currently is:

QB - Brooks, Griese

WR - Holt, D-Jax, R. Moss

RB - Tomlinson/Chatman, Droughns, Thomas Jones/A-Train

TE - Gates

K - Akers

D - Bengals

Thanks.

560565[/snapback]

Tough call. You need the QB help, and you're still getting a stud RB. I think Lewis will not outperform LT, but the upgrade you get in Favre is probably worth making the move.

Now that is funny.  B)

While I got ya here, Hugh:

Quick confirmation...  out of McCardell, Mason, Moulds, Fitzgerald and R. Williams, I'm currently going with the three M's.  Is Williams a better choice than either one given his continually gimpy ankle?  Thanks.

:D

560569[/snapback]

Hmmm. I really like Moulds, but man Bledsoe just sucks, and Mason with a backup QB against a tough matchup isn't great either, although it seems Mason is actually thriving under Volek. :D

McCardell is a must start. Roy Williams plays the Vikes, gimpy ankle or not, I think you really HAVE to start him. Then I'll throw in Mason for good measure.

Thanks in advance...

Would u start Brooks @ DEN or SF @ Griese

Next I have Horn, Harrison, Burleson and Kennison....I was thinking of benching Horn and playing Burleson and Kennison. Who would be your top 3 of those 4?

Thanks Hugh

Hugh - I am on a roll with picking my QB's

Wk10: 45 w/Delhomme

Wk9: 35 w/Delhomme

Wk8: 50 w/Vick

Wk7: 10 w/Vick (but all 3 were bad that week)

Wk6: 27 w/Griese

This week I am going with Vick @ NYG unless you can talk me out of it.  Though, Griese does have a great matchup against SF.  My other option is Delhomme @ home vs ARI who has been throwing the heck out of the ball, but ARI Defense is very good.

I am probably going to put my Fantasy hopes on the back of Mr. Vick from here on out, he has looked very good lately, and he continues to run the ball well.  When I drafted him, I felt that he would be huge late in the season, and I have to at least give him a chance to shine.

The other reason i like Vick this week against NY, is the Giants typically get out of the gate well, and score early.  If ATL is behind, the ball will stay in Vicks hands for over 80% of the plays.

What do you think?

560572[/snapback]

I myself would not be very comfortable with Vick as my starting QB for the stretch run.

Normally I'd probably tell you to play the matchups, and actually start Delhomme. However, he has a fracture in his hand or something, so if he goes he'll probably be limited.

Vick just scares me, and Griese has a nice matchup. I'd play Griese this week and the matchups going forward.

Hugh, I am in a mandatory 1 player keeper, in which you can only keep a player 1 year and than he goes back into the pool. I am virtually out of the playoffs, needing to win 4 games and have 2 players lose 3 games. I am thinking about trading Priest, Blaylock, Clayton and Rotheinsberger for Culpepper. I could keep Culpepper next year and can't keep Holmes (neither can he). Should I make this move to have Culpepper as my keeper next year (I never take a QB with my first pick, but....)? The scoring is standard performance scoring (6 pt Tds) and a 10 Team League. The rest of my roster, which can be kept is:

Big Ben

Leftwich

McNair

Henry

Barlow

Fred Taylor

Andre Johnson

Roy Williams

Clayton

More in need of a prayer than anything... I'm currently two spots out of the playoff hunt and play a DOMINATING first place team this week.  Although another loss doesn't necessarily kill me off, it does stick a few more forks in my tender parts...

OK:

Willis @ home vs Rams or Deuce @ home vs Denver?

Roy Williams @ Vikings or DJackson vs Miami or SMoss at Browns? (just 1)

Finally - Brooks vs Broncos or Harrington vs Vikes?

As always, thanks.

560580[/snapback]

McGahee. Yep, that's right, I said start McGahee over McAllister. I also recommended McGahee last week and he sucked, but that was against a much tougher opponent.

Roy Williams. They're playing the Vikes.

Joey Harrington. They're playing the Vikes.

Hey Hugh,  SUP!

quick ques.   

perfomance 1 scoring flex league (12 team)

WDIS@ Def this week

Arizona@Carolina  or  Jets@Cleveland?????????????

thanks bro.

560594[/snapback]

Probably the Cards, especially if Delhomme doesn't go for the Panthers.

Howdy howdy. In a pickle here. I'm asking this assuming Chris Brown is out. Here's who I think I should start:

Plummer vs. NOR

Portis vs. Philly

Pittman vs. SFO

McCardell vs. OAK

Rod Smith vs. NOR

Chad Johnson vs. PIT

Witten vs. BAL

So, there are some reservations about Portis, as he's been lackluster and I'm afraid the Eagle will jump out big against them. So, would Hakim be a good substitute? If Detroit is playing catch-up again Minny the whole time, Hakim may have more potential than Portis this week. Thoughts?