[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CJ asks Bengals fans to donate a dollar

The Misfit

Link

After the Pepto thing, you'd think he'd chill a bit, but I guess it's not in his nature ...

Chad Johnson wants fans to bring $1 to Paul Brown Stadium to help him pay the fine he would incur for the end zone celebration that would follow his scoring a touchdown against the Steelers this week.

“I need all fans to bring $1 to the gate. Don’t forget,” the Bengals wide receiver said today. “They’ll be a bucket for a dollar at the gate this week. Next week I need everybody to bring a bottle of Pepto.”

Johnson was referring to a prank gone awry last month when he sent Cleveland’s four defensive backs each a bottle of Pepto-Bismol before the game. The Bengals lost 34-17 at Cleveland, and Johnson dropped several passes.

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis, when informed of Johnson’s newest comments and appeal for help paying his fine, did not appear pleased.

“Not a wise thing,” Lewis said. “It’s not his fine that’s as significant as if we get a penalty.”

Chad does get the yardage (except for the pepto game v. cle), but definitely not the tds. cinc never throws him the ball inside the 10 and always gives the ball to rudi or throws to te's when in close. philly goes out of its way to try and get the ball to T.O. so he doesn't melt down b/c he's so selfish.

I think he makes WAY MORE than we the common folk do, so let him pay for it himself.. How about every football player sending me a dollar to support my FF habit!!!

And like ya'll said, he has to fing the endzone first before he can do anything. Its been 5-6 weeks so I'm sure he has a doozy planned. Terrell ran out of things to do on the 3rd TD against the Cowboys.. and yes, I am a TO owner. don't like his self promotion but love the points..

I agree....the Bengals "D" has seen to it that they are always having to pass...Palmer is not the deal, they say he's the deal, he may look like the deal, but IMO he is "not" the deal.....Kitna would have won a couple of the games they were in and would have had CJ involved more in the "O"....Lewis has been a wad dipped in stupidness all year...Bengals could be contenders, but are pretenders and Palmer will stink it up next season too....that is if injury doesn't hit him...although it would be the best thing for the team....wish Palmer would realize it and fall down and not get up...nothing too serious, just season ending surgery on the hand or something... :D

The celebration was nothing really.  Some tiny little dance.  I don't think it was anything that he actually put any work into so I don't what the dollar would have been needed for.

568778[/snapback]

Maybe he's saving the good stuff for his second td when the team has enough of a lead to not mind the penalty?

Maybe he's saving the good stuff for his second td when the team has enough of a lead to not mind the penalty?

568819[/snapback]

Quite possible. There would be a lot of pressure if he got a 15 yard unsportsman like penalty and the Steelers converted that into good field position.............