[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dr. Z...

Bill Swerski

According to Dr. Z's latest Power Rankings, Manning's stellar numbers this year are "a reach" (which makes no sense, even in the context he puts it in) and Ray Lewis is a "fraud."

I'd argue that Z's alleged Ph.D. is a greater case for fraud than Ray Lewis' alleged lack of playmaking ability.

Edited by Bill Swerski

According to Dr. Z's latest Power Rankings, Manning's stellar numbers this year are "a reach" (which makes no sense, even in the context he puts it in) and Ray Lewis is a "fraud."

This guy is worse than LeBatard.  :D

561396[/snapback]

No no, go back and re-read it. He wasn't saying Manning's overall numbers this year are a reach, but some of the ways records are being looked at:

...To which the AP report in front of me adds, "Most five-TD games (four) in a 12-month span," which I believe is a reach, leaning on last year's action, but it's nothing compared to the next reach. "After three quarters against the Texans he had thrown one less TD pass (five) than incomplete passes (six)." OK, I'm going to cut it off here...

But I do agree that Z is bad. I used to enjoy his quirky/witty writing, but now I think the guy is going senile...

No no, go back and re-read it.  He wasn't saying Manning's overall numbers this year are a reach, but some of the ways records are being looked at:

561399[/snapback]

Still, that's an incredibly stupid thing to say. What's the point? To trivialize what Manning's done this season? I don't recall a sports reporter trivializing the records that McGwire and Bonds have set in the recent past.

And the comments about Ray Lewis are just absurd. I could accept that Ray Lewis is "not playing up to his usual level," but calling him a "fraud" is just flat-out asinine.

I don't recall seeing "Ph.D.," "M.D.," or "D.D.S" on Z's resume, so he's in no position to be calling anyone a fraud. He's no more a "doctor" than Dr. Dre.

Still, that's an incredibly stupid thing to say.  What's the point?  To trivialize what Manning's done this season?  I don't recall a sports reporter trivializing the records that McGwire and Bonds have set in the recent past.

561406[/snapback]

I think he just might be suggesting that John Madden stop slobbing Manning's knob so intently...

Actually, I hear Madden might leave Brett Favre for Manning :D