[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Alexander Wants To Be A Dolphin

'canes2004

holmgren isn't in love with his RB's like he is other positions. He's kinda like Shanny in that way. I believe that he believes he can plug any decent RB in his system & make him prodictive if not a star. Remember...... he traded away Ahman Green to give Alexander a chance to start. :D

He's got Mo morris & Kerry Carter waiting in the wings for their chance.

Holmgren would be a fool...

So I guess I wouldn't put it past him.

563534[/snapback]

Alexander is great, but the team has to resign Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson (I think?), Matt Hasselbeck, and Shaun this off-season. All will command fairly top $$$. Frankly, the easiest of those to replace is the RB.....

Alexander is great, but the team has to resign Walter Jones, Steve Hutchinson (I think?), Matt Hasselbeck, and Shaun this off-season. All will command fairly top $$$. Frankly, the easiest of those to replace is the RB.....

563547[/snapback]

Yep. And, ironically, the lack of a Jones- or Hutchinson-type player on the Miami O-line will illustrate that fact if Alexander ends up there next year.

holmgren isn't in love with his RB's like he is other positions. He's kinda like Shanny in that way. I believe that he believes  he can plug any decent RB in his system & make him prodictive if not a star. Remember...... he traded away Ahman Green to give Alexander a chance to start. :D

He's got Mo morris & Kerry Carter waiting in the wings for their chance.

563517[/snapback]

I think he is in love with Alexander a little more than Shannahan is with his RB's. Alexander has been the main man 4 years; Shannahan has had a different RB lead the Bronco's in rushing 5 of the last 6 years................

I think he is in love with Alexander a little more than Shannahan is with his RB's.  Alexander has been the main man 4 years; Shannahan has had a different RB lead the Bronco's in rushing 5 of the last 6 years................

563573[/snapback]

Actually, Holmgren and Shanahan haven't gotten along that well. Holmgren has stated that he's disappointed with Alexander's "It's all in God's hands" work ethic and, from what I know, things haven't changed much. This was in an article in ESPN the Mag in, IIRC, August or so of last year. (Sorry, I can't provide a link.)

Actually, Holmgren and Shanahan haven't gotten along that well.  Holmgren has stated that he's disappointed with Alexander's "It's all in God's hands" work ethic and, from what I know, things haven't changed much.  This was in an article in ESPN the Mag in, IIRC, August or so of last year.  (Sorry, I can't provide a link.)

563669[/snapback]

That has been true in the past, but the fact that Alexander is currently the ONLY consistant skill performer in the entire Seahawks Offense, in addition to constant reminders from both Seattle fans & media about letting Ahman Green go for Fred "Never played a game in a Hawks Uniform" Vinson, may have Holmgren changing his tune "a little bit. Honest to Goodness".

That has been true in the past, but the fact that Alexander is currently the ONLY consistant skill performer in the entire Seahawks Offense, in addition to constant reminders from both Seattle fans & media about letting Ahman Green go for Fred "Never played a game in a Hawks Uniform" Vinson, may have Holmgren changing his tune "a little bit. Honest to Goodness".

564241[/snapback]

Great point made there Bonehand. :D If Hass and the rest of the offense was performing like they did in the 2nd half of '03, they might be more inclined to let Alexander go. Any chance he could get the franchise tag or is that stuck on another player?

Remember...... he traded away Ahman Green to give Alexander a chance to start. :D

563517[/snapback]

Not quite true.

He traded Green the year they drafted Alexander in 2000.... but when Watters was still the starter. Alexander didn't start regularly until 2001 when Watters was hurt I believe.

He doesn't need the entire O-line, but Jones is a FA every year so maybe he brings him with him.

564308[/snapback]

the hell he doesn't. without Jones & hutch... he'd be just another back. 70% of his plays are left behind the best guard/tackle combo on the planet. when he runs right he gets his ass stuffed more than 1/2 of the time.

The Hawks will resign Jones & Hutch ( if he's up ) before Shaun, IMO.

Not quite true.

He traded Green the year they drafted Alexander in 2000.... but when Watters was still the starter. Alexander didn't start regularly until 2001 when Watters was hurt I believe.

564330[/snapback]

C'mon BC..... Watters was 65 years old that year & was starting to draw social security....... it was Alexanders job to get.

Not saying it wasn't Alexander's job to get, but only 1 start his rookie year and a grand total of 64 carries that year makes me think that Watters was not quite on his last legs there.

Green having 61 carries total the two years prior show that either he was not ready to take over or Watters was still doing that well.

If Shaun goes to Miami he is going to miss the hell out of Walter Jones and Steve Hutchinson. I'm sure its been stated but Miami has to have the absolute worst line in the league.

Edit: Should have read the rest of the posts. I totally regurgitated everything Frazia posted. Oh well, call me a parrot :squawk:

Edited by Vote Quimby2