Sign in to follow this  
yo mama

So what's the deal with Staley?

I know his hamstring is bothering him. But doesn't it seem like it is taking longer than expected for him to be considered better than "doubtful?" Or am I way off base?

Pittsburg homers, any insight into whether the injury is more serious (than at least I) expected? Any chance the Steelers are just sticking with the hot hand in Bettis?

Edited by yo mama

Could be a case where if Bettis weren't performing his hamstring might miraculously be ready for action. My guess is that they can see the playoffs coming and want Duce 100%. Since Bettis is doing just fine and they are winning there is no urgency to rush him back into the lineup.

Could be a case where if Bettis weren't performing his hamstring might miraculously be ready for action.  My guess is that they can see the playoffs coming and want Duce 100%.  Since Bettis is doing just fine and they are winning there is no urgency to rush him back into the lineup.

564728[/snapback]

Why downgrade him late in the week though? I think the hamstring just hasn't healed as fast as they wished plus Willie Parker looked alright in a mop up roll last week. I doubt they want Bettis to get 25-30 carries a game...wouldn't they want him fresh for the playoffs as well?

Could be a case where if Bettis weren't performing his hamstring might miraculously be ready for action.  My guess is that they can see the playoffs coming and want Duce 100%.  Since Bettis is doing just fine and they are winning there is no urgency to rush him back into the lineup.

564728[/snapback]

I thought only Alexander was capable of "miraculous healings?"

Take your time Staley, while I keep using Bettis as my #2 back, really, I don't mind.

It's the dang injury.

Hamstrings suck!!!!

Remember a few years back when Ike Bruce was dealing with his own hamstring issues. Those suckers can linger. They're like the Energizer Bunny. They just keep going on and on and on and on................... :D

Take your time Staley,  while I keep using Bettis as my #2 back, really, I don't mind.

564768[/snapback]

I agree :D