[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice

happyending

Hey- Looking for some quick trade advice (consensus?) before the deadlines passes tonight:

Background-

12 teams

8 make playoffs (which start week 14 - I am currently in with 2 game cushion)

Start 2RBs, 3WRs

The Roster-

RB - McGahee, K Jones, O Smith

WR - Moss, Walker, Ward, Lloyd

The Trade-

I receive Dillon; I send Ward.

My Analysis-

Leaves me shorthanded at WR this week (forced to start Stallworth, Pathon, Northcutt type). A loss this week doesn't kill me, but I'd obviously like to clinch a playoff spot if possible. Trade would push Lloyd (and possibly Branch down the road) into Ward's spot, and Dillon ahead of Jones/Smith platoon.

Questions-

Can I trust Jones and/or O Smith? If not, Dillon helps me sleep at night. If so, I downgraded from Ward to Lloyd unnecessarily. I hoped Tice would commit to Smith, but it looks like an open audition in Minny again this week. Mariucci keeps talking Jones up, but obviously it's too early to expect consistency, right?

Anyway, just wondering what the denizens think. Thanks.

I wouldn't do it.

Dillion faces NE, Buf and NYG in 14, 15, 16

NE - #4, Buf #3, NYG #18 against the rush

Ward faces NYJ, NYG, and Bal in 14, 15, 16

NYJ - #20, NYG #16, Bal #4

While week 16 is tough for Ward, 14 and 15 are dreadful for Dillion.

With Dillion, you may not make it to 16

565341[/snapback]

how can dillon play his own team.

i would do it jones and smith won't get you to the promised land.

Hey- Looking for some quick trade advice (consensus?) before the deadlines passes tonight:

Background-

12 teams

Start 2RBs, 3WRs

The Roster-

The Trade-

My Analysis-

Leaves me shorthanded at WR this week (forced to start Stallworth, Pathon, Northcutt type). A loss this week doesn't kill me, but I'd obviously like to clinch a playoff spot if possible. Trade would push Lloyd (and possibly Branch down the road) into Ward's spot, and Dillon ahead of Jones/Smith platoon. 

Questions-

Can I trust Jones and/or O Smith? If not, Dillon helps me sleep at night. If so, I downgraded from Ward to Lloyd unnecessarily.  I hoped Tice would commit to Smith, but it looks like an open audition in Minny again this week. Mariucci keeps talking Jones up, but obviously it's too early to expect consistency, right?

565173[/snapback]

If you can get Dillon for Ward, I would do it in a heartbeat! Ward hasn't done that much. I think you need help at rb. Your wr's will be just fine without Ward. DO IT!!!

Background-

12 teams

Start 2RBs, 3WRs

The Roster-

The Trade-

My Analysis-

Questions-

Can I trust Jones and/or O Smith? If not, Dillon helps me sleep at night. If so, I downgraded from Ward to Lloyd unnecessarily.  I hoped Tice would commit to Smith, but it looks like an open audition in Minny again this week. Mariucci keeps talking Jones up, but obviously it's too early to expect consistency, right?

565173[/snapback]

hear is my take for what its worth. I would not grab Dillon. The pats may lock up home field by week 15-16 and most play there Championship game week 16-17. With the Pats locking up home field Dillon and the rest of the Pats starters will be ridding the pine. I would try to get someone like E.James, C.Martin or any RB that has been playing well and is on a team that still needs to win to help them with home field games. I have dillon myself and Im going to trade him off this week or next. He will be good for you for a while. But when it comes down to the games that count. can he be counted on? And with 8 out of 12 teams (Thats way to much I think) Making the playoffs. I think you should be fine if you get another solid RB.

Good Luck

Edited by Jedi_knights_2004