[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers: Harris out for season

WaterMan

Panthers: Harris out for season

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Saturday, November 20, 2004

News

Panthers' running back Joey Harris was placed on injured reserve by the team on Friday, ending his season. Harris severely pulled his hamstring last Friday in practice and has been unable to participate in any team activities since then. Brandon Bennett and Nick Goings will start in the Panthers' backfield on Sunday against the Cardinals.

Views

Who the heck did the Panthers' running backs coach tick off? The team has lost Stephen Davis, DeShaun Foster, Rod Smart, and now Harris to season-ending injuries this year. The team is now depending on a fifth-string running back and a backup fullback for yardage on the ground. Hopefully the Panthers will be forgiven by next season and be allowed to stay healthy.

Why isn't Jamal Robertson in the mix?  He was Barlow's backup just 2 weeks ago, was waived by SF and immediately picked up by Carolina.  Why have we heard no mention of his name being part of the puzzle?

566359[/snapback]

Maybe he's still learning what his blitz pick up assignments would be for the RB postion in Carolina?

Maybe he's still learning what his blitz pick up assignments would be for the RB postion in Carolina?

566370[/snapback]

I guess. I just figured since he was 2nd string in SF, he would have picked that sort of stuff up relatively quickly. I realize there's a change in verbage when you switch teams etc...

I'm surprised the James Jackson to Carolina rumors haven't started yet.  :D

566382[/snapback]

Has anyone picked him up yet?

I can't imagine why he hasn't. The few times I've seen him run, he looked good. I'm not saying he's a franchise player, but cerainly someone could use his services!

I agree. I'd hate to be a starting panthers running back. Seems to be much much worse than the "Madden Curse". Pretty soon they will have to go with 5 WR's all the time because no RB's will be left on the roster. Wait they can't with Steve Smith being out for the year. It is a bad year for Panthers fans. I feel for them.