[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Josh McCown Benched

Big Score 1

Well after today I think it's pretty obvious that King is going to end up having a positive impact on the Cards WR's compared to what Josh McClown was doing.

28 completions on 52 attempts for 343 yards and a TD blows away anything McClown has done this year. :D

The three picks by King sucked, but who cares when your WR's are finally getting some yards. :D

569072[/snapback]

You forgot about King's four fumbles. Sorry, but three picks, four fumbles (one lost), and only one TD doesn't prove anything other than that King sucks. I can't say that McCown's much better, but at least he has the excuse of being young an inexperienced. King failed in the playoffs two years straight with the league's best defense.

You forgot about King's four fumbles.  Sorry, but three picks, four fumbles (one lost), and only one TD doesn't prove anything other than that King sucks.  I can't say that McCown's much better, but at least he has the excuse of being young an inexperienced.  King failed in the playoffs two years straight with the league's best defense.

569083[/snapback]

However...getting back to what this threads all about....

With the change at QB, does this do anything for Boldin or Fitz's numbers? In other words what's King's fantasy impact, if any?

567969[/snapback]

King is obviously going to have a major impact on the Card's WR's numbers, making them viable plays from here on I would think.

King is obviously going to have a major impact on the Card's WR's numbers, making them viable plays from here on I would think.

569089[/snapback]

Perhaps, but he only got his team into the endzone one time today (against a terrible defense).

The one thing that I can say with certainty is that his turnovers and inability to play well in the playoffs aren't going to get the Cards a SB championship anytime soon.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Perhaps, but he only got his team into the endzone one time today (against a terrible defense). 

The one thing that I can say with certainty is that his turnovers and inability to play well in the playoffs aren't going to get the Cards a SB championship anytime soon.

569092[/snapback]

This thread is not about whether or not King gets the Cards to the Superbowl Bill.

However, it is about his fantasy impact on the Cards Wr's, which for today anyway, was a major improvement on what McClown has done for the Card's WR's over the last 9 games. Also the strength of the Panthers D this year has been their pass D.

I'd say that if King stays the starter and has the benefit of full practices with the first string team all week, he will certainly be better than McClown has been for the Cards WR's and the Cards offense in general.

This thread is not about whether or not King gets the Cards to the Superbowl Bill.

However, it is about his fantasy impact on the Cards Wr's, which for today anyway, was a major improvement on what McClown has done for the Card's WR's over the last 9 games. Also the strength of the Panthers D this year has been their pass D.

I'd say that if King stays the starter and has the benefit of full practices with the first string team all week, he will certainly be better than McClown has been for the Cards WR's and the Cards offense in general.

569110[/snapback]

Perhaps, but King's WRs in Tampa Bay, outside of Keyshawn, were not starting fantasy material. He does have a greater chance of success in ARI with Boldin and Fitzgerald but, again, only one passing TD doesn't impress me.

HOWEVER, this may be a moot point because he won't retain the starting role if he has another four-turnover game. Denny Green doesn't give a rat's ass about the fantasy inpact of King on his WRs and would much rather win with a conservative passing game and defense than get blown out by a bad team because his QB turned the ball over too many times. Therefore, even if King as the ABILITY to turn around ARI's passing game (which I still doubt, given how badly the Panthers' D sucks... imagine how King would fare against New England or Baltimore), he might play his way back to the bench.

Only time will tell...

Being very familiar with Denny Green from the Minnesota years, I can tell you that if Denny decided King was a better option for his (Denny's) future, then Shaun King will be the QB for as long as it takes for Denny to hand pick the next Culpepper. If it was an injury thing, that may not matter moving forward. Anything that gives Denny a way to look good or smart will be the way the team goes until Denny comes up with an excuse or an out to change things.

Two things about Denny. He is loyal to players he picks to have a chance to succeed. And if past and current events are any indication, his opinion in judging offensive talent is quite good (i.e: Dante Culpepper, Randy Moss, Robert Smith), and his opinion in judging defensive talent is terrible (i.e: every NFL defense he has ever coached).

Larry Fitzgerald Jr is a very close friend of the family, and I would assume him to ultimately be successful with Denny at the helm.

Make no mistake, this and any decision Denny makes, is all about Denny. (This makes sense to Viking fans, and will some day to Arizona fans). The combo of Denny Green and Bill Bidwell is something right out of a Stephen King novel. Which may be another Shaun King connection... :D

And in reviewing the numbers from the game and looking at Fitz's stats with King throwing:

L. Fitzgerald 7 92 1 33

Looks like Denny is taking steps necessary to help his ex-ballboy and close writer-friend's son succeed. I would suggest taking a long look (as long as King is the QB) at Larry Fitzgerald. I think I read that the two previous (or the two before that) since Boldin came back the Larry had not caught many passes. That will not continue, I don't think. If McCown wasn't getting the kid the ball, that probably won't bode well for him in the long run.

Just my opinion. But I know for a fact that this is how Denny's mind can work from past experience.

Guys, King threw the ball 52 times because the Cards were getting smoked from the jump. McCown's previous high in attempts this season was 36. Simple math will tell you that more attempts likely equals more completions.

Now if Green is happy with the team getting crushed and King not protecting the ball- then the answer to this thread is YES- King will have a positive effect (fantasy only) on the Cards WR's if only because he'll be chucking it all day every week because his miscues force himself and the team into that situation!

King averaged 6.6 yards per completion- :D

Add in the 4 fumbles and 3 picks....

King sucks.

Edited by Marauders11

A couple of personal opinions.

#1. King may not get the Cardinals to the Super Bowl (I don't think they'll ever get to the Super Bowl with Bidwell and Green running the show period, but...) but I doubt that Josh McCown would either. And if Denny thinks his offense will be better with King, he could drop the ball four times every game for the rest of his life and Denny will defend his decision until he picks someone else that is one of his guys. I don't think McCown is one of his guys from the looks of it.

#2. Denny Green will never win with defense or give a crap about winning with defense, and any semblance of a defense the Cardinals have now will be sacrificed to build a good offense so that Denny can be once again considered an offensive "genius." It's simply all he has ever cared about from years of watching him. Any bets on what the Cardinals draft this season? Or who they try to sign?

#3. My opinion in response to the question posed here is that yes the receivers will be better with King at the helm, especially Fitzgerald. For whatever reasons you want to theorize about why. Anybody who thinks common sense will enter into the picture if you are comparing McCown to King at this point really is missing the point with a Denny Green team.

Again, I don't know if this was due to a McCown injury, and Denny may really like him (McCown). If so, he may be the guy. But if he switched of his own accord and King is his guy, that is all there probably will be to it. Unless he has changed his stripes since leaving Minnesota, and I don't think this guy will ever change for anyone.