[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Here we go again with Peyton...

aterry1979

Edge busted an 11 yard run for a TD.  I'll bet manning was pissed.

568963[/snapback]

Cue the choir of angels, lord have mercy, there IS a God, and He knows Edgerrin James exists!! :bigshock: :D

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1. You have the right to critique the Manning haters

2. The Maning haters have the right to say that the Wisconsin Badgers choked away the Rose Bowl.

3.  :D

568975[/snapback]

A bit off of the subject, but true nonetheless. Not our finest hour.

I'm sure you're probably a life-long USC/Oklahoma/Auburn fan, so your season must be going well.

Looks like Sorgi has relieved Manning ... so much for Manning chasing the record ...  :D

568997[/snapback]

Thank God, as a Manning owner I'm worried teams are going to get down 35pts and just start taking shots at Peyton.

A bit off of the subject, but true nonetheless.  Not our finest hour. 

I'm sure you're probably a life-long USC/Oklahoma/Auburn fan, so your season must be going well.

568988[/snapback]

A long time AZ Wildcat fan. Used to choking every year. :D

And didn't Indy try running it a few times inside the 5 today and end up having to kick a FG

569071[/snapback]

No they didn't try running it inside the 5 at all today. There was a run by Edge from the 10 to the 2. Then Manning threw incomplete and they had to settle for a Field Goal.

Yeah, if Edge had a few more goalline carries, then the Colts might be leading their division .... oh, that's right, they already are!

But maybe if Peyton didn't throw so much at the goal line, they might have the #1 scoring offense in the league ... oh, that's right, they do!!!

I think some fantasy owners need to consider real life wins and losses and get just a little bit of a grip.

No they didn't try running it inside the 5 at all today. There was a run by Edge from the 10 to the 2. Then Manning threw incomplete and they had to settle for a Field Goal.

569074[/snapback]

My bad. Game wasn't on here - thought I saw that on NFL.com.

I still say Edge running inside the 5 is not nearly as effective as Peyton throwing.

Edge is so selfish!!!!  He gets 200 yards AND he wants TD's.  That's total BS.  How is Manning suposed to get the record if Edge keeps this crap up. :bawling:

568977[/snapback]

:D

I agree, Manning should've ran him down and tackled him. Ya know, Edge don't have the speed anymore.

As a Manning owner with a 2-game lead I say ... :D.

I can see why you're happy about us choking - we stole one form you this year.  One of the most boring games I've ever watched  :D

569097[/snapback]

I know...I know. One of many boring games by the cats this year. The late Anthony Davis scratch killed you guys yesterday.

200+ yards and a TD - are you fawkers gonna shut up now?

And didn't Indy try running it a few times inside the 5 today and end up having to kick a FG because EDGE CANNOT SCORE SHORT YARDAGE TDS?

569071[/snapback]

Thank you!!

And notice his great numbers came on nearly exactly the same number of touches that he has been averaging ALL SEASON.

And yet Manning still had 4 TDS. Manning isn't selfish, he's good.

Yeah, if Edge had a few more goalline carries, then the Colts might be leading their division .... oh, that's right, they already are!

But maybe if Peyton didn't throw so much at the goal line, they might have the #1 scoring offense in the league ... oh, that's right, they do!!!

I think some fantasy owners need to consider real life wins and losses and get just a little bit of a grip.

569077[/snapback]

No doubt. I wonder how do they rank in red zone % with all those Manning TDs. I really doubt his teammates think he is selfish. More likely they think he is their go to guy.

200+ yards and a TD - are you fawkers gonna shut up now?

And didn't Indy try running it a few times inside the 5 today and end up having to kick a FG because EDGE CANNOT SCORE SHORT YARDAGE TDS?

569071[/snapback]

Bag it Squeeg. Last I checked this is a fantasy football website so I don't know that those posting in here give two sh-its how the Colts are doing. They care how Edge is doing for their fantasy teams. Do you have a problem with that? Go away if you do. Same with you Cap'n and the badger guy. Just go away if you have a problem with Edge owners doing a ittle venting.Seems simple enough to me.

Bag it Squeeg. Last I checked this is a fantasy football website so I don't know that those posting in here give two sh-its how the Colts are doing. They care how Edge is doing for their fantasy teams. Do you have a problem with that? Go away if you do. Same with you Cap'n and the badger guy. Just go away if you have a problem with Edge owners doing a ittle venting.Seems simple enough to me.

569443[/snapback]

Peyton is a better fantasy player than Edge, is he not? :D Yeah, I used to get pissed when they handed the ball off to Edge all those times on the goal line LAST year and he got STUFFED like a beyotch. (see against NE last year). You go with what works. Yeah, you idiots think Peyton really cares more about breaking Marino's record rather than winning the game. You guys have it all figured out let me tell you. :D

Quick poll: How many of you bitching about Peyton's success are actually going to the playoffs in your leagues? Nevermind, don't even bother. B)

Edited by Hitman

Peyton is a better fantasy player than Edge, is he not?   :D   Yeah, I used to get pissed when they handed the ball off to Edge all those times on the goal line LAST year and he got STUFFED like a beyotch.  (see against NE last year).  You go with what works.  Yeah, you idiots think Peyton really cares more about breaking Marino's record rather than winning the game.  You guys have it all figured out let me tell you.  :D 

Quick poll:  How many of you bitching about Peyton's success are actually going to the playoffs in your leagues?   Nevermind, don't even bother.   B)

569487[/snapback]

I KNOW you're not calling ME an idiot - cause that just ain't accurate. I guess the go away comment now includes you as well Hitman. People can complain all they want about Peyton vulturing the TDs that Edge owners feel should go their way. Why does that bother you? The complaints are about fantasy football - not between the lines NFL football. There's a difference in case you IDIOTS haven't figured it out. And you people that b-tch about those that b-tch about Manning can, like I said, just go away. Bye bye.

Edited by Cunning Runt

I KNOW you're not calling ME an idiot - cause that just ain't accurate. I guess the go away comment now includes you as well Hitman. People can complain all they want about Peyton vulturing the TDs  that Edge owners feel should go their way. Why does that bother you? The complaints are about fantasy football - not between the lines NFL football. There's a difference in case you IDIOTS haven't figured it out.  And you people that b-tch about those that b-tch about Manning can, like I said, just go away. Bye bye.

569665[/snapback]

I agree that this forum is for Fantasy Football. I also agree that your stance on any given subject could change based on whether one is discussing Fantasy Football or actual NFL Football. I'll even agree that some people blur the two, thinking what is true in Fantasy is true in the NFL. But I disagree, on a Fantasy basis, that Edge owners even have anything to complain about where Manning is concerned.

Depsite everything Manning has done so far this year, Edge is on a pace to outperform last season. In fact people who have Edge are getting his best season since 2001 when he injured his knee.

He is averaging more carries per game, for more yds per carry than in any other season since his injury. And BEFORE this week he was the 6th ranked RB in both of my leagues, yesterdays performance has vaulted him into the TOP 5. What more could Edge owners expect?

I am a Manning owner but I would also love to be an Edge owner. And through all of this I'll bet anyone with Pollard, Clark, Stokley or Wayne would completely disagree with the assessment that Manning is selfish. He could easily look to Harrison more than anyone, as he has done in the past, but this year Manning is getting everyone in on the scoring.

I think what is happening is, from a purely fantasy outlook, Manning's numbers are so gawdy this year that even though Edge is having an excellent season his numbers pale in comparison to Manning's. But so does everyone else's in the NFL.

That is why I, for one, wish those people complaining about Manning would stop. Simply put Edge is having an excellent year. He's not scoring the most TD's but overall only 4 RB's have outscored him in both of my leagues all year.

Edited by Jrick35

I agree that this forum is for Fantasy Football. I also agree that your stance on any given subject could change based on whether one is discussing Fantasy Football or actual NFL Football. I'll even agree that some people blur the two, thinking what is true in Fantasy is true in the NFL. But I disagree, on a Fantasy basis, that Edge owners even have anything to complain about where Manning is concerned.

Depsite everything Manning has done so far this year, Edge is on a pace to outperform last season. In fact people who have Edge are getting his best season since 2001 when he injured his knee.

He is averaging more carries per game, for more yds per carry than in any other season since his injury. And BEFORE this week he was the 6th ranked RB in both of my leagues, yesterdays performance has vaulted him into the TOP 5. What more could Edge owners expect?

I am a Manning owner but I would also love to be an Edge owner. And through all of this I'll bet anyone with Pollard, Clark, Stokley or Wayne would completely disagree with the assessment that Manning is selfish. He could easily look to Harrison more than anyone, as he has done in the past, but this year Manning is getting everyone in on the scoring.

I think what is happening is, from a purely fantasy outlook, Manning's numbers are so gawdy this year that even though Edge is having an excellent season his numbers pale in comparison to Manning's. But so does everyone else's in the NFL.

That is why I, for one, wish those people complaining about Manning would stop. Simply put Edge is having an excellent year. He's not scoring the most TD's but overall only 4 RB's have outscored him in both of my leagues all year.

569780[/snapback]

:D