[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Eli looks composed early on

Glabra

I think he's going to get very good very soon. But his receivers need to start holding on to the ball. I just hope that doesn't happen today as I'm playing the Falcons' D.

569084[/snapback]

Yeah, Toomer dropped 2 passes already. Niether of them were perfect throws but he could have caught either of them. Toomer is so overated it makes me sick. Shockey dropped 1 already too.

Yeah, Toomer dropped 2 passes already.  Niether of them were perfect throws but he could have caught either of them.  Toomer is so overated it makes me sick.  Shockey dropped 1 already too.

569088[/snapback]

And Shockey just dropped his second...

Eli has a way to go, but has looked better than expected thus far today. He could be a viable fantasy starter sometime next season.

Yeah, Toomer dropped 2 passes already.  Niether of them were perfect throws but he could have caught either of them.  Toomer is so overated it makes me sick.  Shockey dropped 1 already too.

569088[/snapback]

Add a second crucial drop for Shockey ... :D

Ohhh, and add the "overated" label to Shockey as well.

Eli, however, does look like he's got some potential if he can find some people who can actually catch!!

Add a second crucial drop for Shockey ...  :D

Ohhh, and add the "overated" label to Shockey as well.

Eli, however, does look like he's got some potential if he can find some people who can actually catch!!

569106[/snapback]

With another Crumpler catch, the announcer just said, "That's kind of the difference in the game right now. Their tight end is catching the ball and Shockey is not."

Ouch! :D

Couple of nice scrambling plays by Manning ... the kid does look good.

569162[/snapback]

That last play he just made to Shockey, I hate to say it but I think that's why they pulled Warner...Warner gets sacked on that same play I'm certain.

Fantasy owners with no good QB options need to take a good hard look at this kid. He looks to be all that.

569175[/snapback]

I definitely wouldn't go that far. I wouldn't touch him in a non-keeper league this year. But it's good to see him throw his first TD. :D

I watched the whole game.... he is the real deal, if one can make such a judgement after one game, but I believe it. He got rid of the ball several times to avoid sacks, throwing it away. He was fairly accurate, but the Giants recievers arent used to the ball coming in so hot. He smokes that pigskin. This was just his first game, and I fully expect he will get better, probably much better. I'm impressed. In a dynasty league, I'd want him....badly.

Well, it was another loss in a season that's rapidly slipping away for the Gmen, but regardless, I was pretty happy with what I saw from Eli. He looked composed, his arm is SO much stronger than Warner's that comparisons are not even worthwhile. There were several, 3-4 plays, that Warner would've been sacked where Eli moved around and either completed a pass or took a shot at making a play. The kid did look a little over-anxious early, and missed some receivers that were open, but I like the fact that he's learning now. His team-mates didn't help him a whole lot, dropping balls left and right yesterday. He's got a chance to pretty good, so let the maturation process begin.