[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Will Edge get a score on Turkey Day?

Big Score 1

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You kidding me? National TV? Manning will probably throw six 1yd TD's!

569374[/snapback]

Probably right. Manning didn't really throw all that much this weekend. Edge ran for 200+ yards. I'm betting Edge gets a token goal-line TD and 100 yards - Manning runs the scoring show. Less tired.

Probably right.  Manning didn't really throw all that much this weekend.  Edge ran for 200+ yards.  I'm betting Edge gets a token goal-line TD and 100 yards - Manning runs the scoring show.  Less tired.

569385[/snapback]

I knew that someone, somewhere was going to make a statement like this one. Yet on the season Manning has averaged 28 pass plays and Edge has averaged 21.5 run plays per game. Yesterday Manning threw 28 passes and Edge ran the ball 23 times. They were right on what they had been doing all year in terms of touches per game.

None of manning's TD's were for less than 10 yds yesterday. And Only one of them was for 10 yds the other 3 were 14, 27 & 35 I think. So Edge was not slighted in any way yesterday. And Manning did not hand him 10 extra carries or anything like that to soothe his critics. The Colts came out and played pretty much exactly the same game plan they have been playing all year.

The obvious difference was the presence of Sorgi in the 4th quarter.

Edited by Jrick35

I bet Edge doesn't score 2-3 TDs when at the goal line.

569682[/snapback]

boy, that's a bold prediction. That would mean the Colts would have to be at the one three times Thursday. I bet you could say the same thing about every NFL back this week.

I bet WaterMan makes several more posts that have no value.

What I would like to know is ... will it be worth my while to start Stokley ...

I got him back before week 7 and here is what he did

week 7 started him - 112 yd

week 8 started him - 35 yd

week 9 started him - 34 yd

week 10 did not start - 132 yd 2 td

week 11 started him - 7 yd

What an inconsistent ......................

I feel better now.

None of manning's TD's were for less than 10 yds yesterday. And Only one of them was for 10 yds the other 3 were 14, 27 & 35 I think. So Edge was not slighted in any way yesterday.

569741[/snapback]

You are forgetting about when Edge ran it down to the one and a half yard line and then the next coupla' plays Manning proceeded to attempt to pass for the TD. Went incomplete and Indy settled for a Field Goal.

Bringing this back to the Front Page with the game being played today.

So far we've got:

Yes Edge will score = 3

No Manning is a Greedy Bastage and wants all the TD's for himself = 5

I'm Martha Stewart :D = 1

:B) = 1

A Brandon Stokely question = 1

A Confused Huddler :D{voting on the wrong RB / Portsis} = 1

C'mo fellas, belly up to the bar and cast your vote.

Does Edge get some End Zone love?

Or will Manning Bogart all the TD's?

My prediction - the Colts easily drive down the field on their first possession. 1st and goal from the 3. Manning audibles to an Edge run but doesn't hand off. Instead, he runs a naked boot and scores easily. Edge is confused when he doesn't receive the ball and makes an awkward cut, blowing out his surgically repaired knee. While Edge is writhing on the ground, Manning stands over him and laughs.

In the post game interview, Manning says,"I could care less about winning and losing, especially Super Bowls. I'm in it for the stats, plain and simple. I'm glad that Edge is out of the picture again. After I break Marino's passing record, my goal next year will be to break Priest's rushing TD record, hopefully going 0-16 in the process. I LOVE RECORDS!!!"

Postscript - Some Edge owners here at the Huddle are upset by this.

Edited by Fatman

Initially I'd scored WaterMan's vote as a No, but that now he's clarified himself it stands at:

Yes Edge will score = 5

No Manning is a Greedy Bastage and wants all the TD's for himself = 5

Edit

borge007 slipped in a vote while I was tabulating the score.

Edited by Big Score 1